Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are thoughts about Xaku? Are they good or nah?

2 minutes ago, PaturikuD13th said:

I just want to know your thoughts about Xaku so that I will know if they are worth putting forma into them.

Some build for range and duration (the gun taking ability).

I subsumed Xaku chiefly to give Mesa the ability to knock out Sentient resistances (works good with Peacemaker), but I honestly have no played Xaku much despite dropping 5 forma or so on the Warframe.

6 minutes ago, PaturikuD13th said:

I just want to know your thoughts about Xaku so that I will know if they are worth putting forma into them.

Its now one of the best frame....but i avoid use in arbitrations.

I #*!%ing love it, one of the best frames. The gameplay is uncannily similar to the "operator gameplay", you need to keep moving in order to maximize your durability against heavy fire. I removed The Lost and put him Reave from Revenant, I know the possibilities with The Lost but I'm not comfortable with that playstyle. I also put Adaptation and Rapid Resilence on the build, I don't regret it at all. 

17 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I #*!%ing love it, one of the best frames. The gameplay is uncannily similar to the "operator gameplay", you need to keep moving in order to maximize your durability against heavy fire. I removed The Lost and put him Reave from Revenant, I know the possibilities with The Lost but I'm not comfortable with that playstyle. I also put Adaptation and Rapid Resilence on the build, I don't regret it at all. 

I didn't want to farm another Rev, do you have any other suggestions for a subsumed ability for Xaku?

On topic, he's a great frame

Incredible warframe, here's my build for them (you will benefit much more with growing power instead steel charge, and replacing power drift with cunning drift).

I don't bother with survivability because you're not gonna die if you kill everyone before they kill you, and if you really need to, you can use Accuse to draw aggro away from you. Also a thing that's not mentioned, Accuse and Deny can completely cheese most bosses/mini-bosses since the Vast Untime pauses their duration. Kuva Liches? CC them forever with Deny. Necramechs? CC them forever with Accuse. Hell, the Gaze + Grasp of Lohk combo is capable of deleting most of them before you even realize it.

Their 1 is super situational, feel free to subsume it for something like resonator if you just want to be invincible while scaling infinitely, lol.

25 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I know the possibilities with The Lost but I'm not comfortable with that playstyle.

This. I rarely used more than one ability from 3rd.

10 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I didn't want to farm another Rev, do you have any other suggestions for a subsumed ability for Xaku?

Mobility?

- Lavos' Vial rush is pretty nice (but still have "turn off sprinting" bug)

Healing?

- Trinity or Garuda for stationary, enemy based. There are other but it depends what you want and how many mods you could use (e.g. Equilibrum)

30 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I also put Adaptation and Rapid Resilence on the build, I don't regret it at all. 

I had 2 Umbra (vitality + intensify), Adaptation and Rolling guard on some builds.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Holy Reaper3076 said:

Kuva Liches? CC them forever with Deny.

It works on Liches...that's nice. It's like some abilities doesn't work on them afair. This is pleasant surprise. That's good that I kept one loadout without Helminth's change.

As for OP:

It's nice frame. I like it especially on armed enemies. You either roll to them and disarm with GoL or "block" them with Void status. I like playing them in CQC situations. My builds rarely use duration (so I can re-cast GoL quickly to disarm) but with "right" duration you can keep GoL for some time.

Their 4th is almost useless unless you want to AFK:

- small sprint duration

- no aura for void slowness means that you have to recast it to see effect

- slow effect requires a lot of strength

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I can't wrap my head around their passive (plus ultimate evasion) though. I can't get consistent results. Sometimes evading works, sometimes not. Idk it's weird. 

I don't think you can have 100% evasion. You could get closer but it's not 100%.

9 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

Mesa's shooting gallery works great with the frame 

That's not a bad idea, decent range & duration is already a must on Xaku, so that could work pretty well

Thanks

It's an amazing frame , totally worth having and investing into.

Amazing CC, amazing damage potential , amazing debuffing , survival could be a bit of a gamble at times but with the right subsumed ability it will not be a major challenge. Best to keep moving though.

The 1 is far too situational , so I have it subsumed with pillage. 

Some evasion boosting mechanics (the vulpaphyla and set mods) make it very hard to get hit.

I really enjoy Xaku. I kinda drove myself crazy testing builds on them but I think that was half the fun of the frame though. I wanted a 100% defense reduction build that also had 200%+ range, I knew it was there but finding something that didn't gimp them wasn't easy. I tested so many subsume abilities and found Spectrorage in place of Xata's Wisper just fit my play style the best. Spectrorage provides good cc and all the energy I need to maintain while running 45 efficiency, it also allows me to actively move around a map without camping the two defense reduction spots from Gaze. 

With 100% defense reduction Grasp of Lohk just destroys everything, especially if you can get some viral procs on them. On Xaku I prefer to proc status and group enemies with Proboscis Cernos, It's a great crowd control primer that can be built for viral, corrosive and heat. 

Anyways, I have a few variations of my Spectrorage build here.

Spoiler

0AmsMYO.jpg

This one is my favorite. You can drop Natural Talent for Primed Continuity if you don't want to recast your 4 as often. I just find that Xaku's casting speed is really slow and Natural Talent makes the build feel safer since you can reset shield gate quicker. 

One problem I find on a 200%+ strength build is I don't really have much to do because Grasp of Lohk kills everything. I just run around priming stuff and watching enemies die. So I have a 69% defense reduction variation. Grasp of Lohk still does damage but it's not insta killing everything. I have a chance to actually swing my melee.

hMfriN8.jpg

You can run any other arcane you want in place of Arcane Strike 

I also run Djinn so I can stat stick augur set mods on Burst Laser for better shield gating

Xaku very good yes

nuff said

But to specify

Xaku is the best box breaker = the best medalion farmer in the game (amazing before new prime launches, or soon when DE adds syndicate armors)

Xaku scales ad infinitum, xaku can be tanky due to cc in the form of disarms and dodges, xaku can deal huge dmg using autoaim guns and xaku's aesthetic is quite unique.

To put it simply.

Xaku is one of only a few S-Tier Warframes.

The others being Nova, Ivara, Revenant, Octavia and Equinox (Equinox has build potential that puts her in S-tier but generally speaking she is A-tier or high B-tier). Not an exhaustive list of S-Tier Warframes but these are my picks for strongest in the game right now.

S-Tier being infinite scaling and/or top pick for various mission types. Warframes like Saryn, Wisp and Mesa I do not include in S-tier due to specific role limitations (Saryn DPS, Mesa DPS, Wisp support etc.) that the S-tier frames above are able to bypass to some degree.

32 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

With 100% defense reduction Grasp of Lohk just destroys everything, especially if you can get some viral procs on them

Viral procs are not needed in the slightest. Grasp of Lohk's damage scaling makes it kill enemies at roughly the same speed across all enemy levels. Viral would be overkill imo.

10 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Viral procs are not needed in the slightest. Grasp of Lohk's damage scaling makes it kill enemies at roughly the same speed across all enemy levels. Viral would be overkill imo.

But this game is all about over kill

13 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

But this game is all about over kill

Lol

I Just turn damage numbers off becauase who cares if i kill that 1000hp unit with 1000 damage or 100,000 damage. Dead is dead. Why waste time going for overkill when less work is needed to kill quickly.

he's pretty strong, though I don't really use him much. the wide range & Duration Grasp of Lohk build is fun though: literally running around surrounded by guns and zapping literally everything on screen. my clan leader even passed his MR30 test with that build XD!

10 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Depends on the playstyle honestly, I've used reave for even more speed and mobility and also for the heals and invulnerability. I've tried Breach Surge, Molt, Ensnare and Shooting Gallery with good results, Reave was just a test and ended up loving it so I didn't tried more combos

19 hours ago, PaturikuD13th said:

Yes, definitely. He is my most played frame currently.
He needs 5-7 Forma depending on your play-style, though.
But it's worth it.

-c0y

18 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I took Garas Spectrorage for his 1 as an additional Energy pool

Archived