Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

having a persistent issue with "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 and 4955"

Sharkeye101

ive tried everything and opened the specific ports udp and tcp and still not getting it fixed , went through my avasr firewall and win defender and router .. still nothing helped 

so now i cant play on public nor get invited and i appear offline all the time cant recieve any invitations , 

so idk if my windows is broken or whats up with it , its frustrating and really preventing me from playing the game so any help will be greatly appreciated :)

I've been dealing with the same problem. I'm not sure what happened 'cause I used to play squads normally before. 

Sometimes I'm allowed to play in a squad but most of the times I'm not. I hope you find an answer to fix this cause it really annoying.

GG.✌️

17 hours ago, betabelmr said:

I've been dealing with the same problem. I'm not sure what happened 'cause I used to play squads normally before. 

Sometimes I'm allowed to play in a squad but most of the times I'm not. I hope you find an answer to fix this cause it really annoying.

GG.✌️

well , i found a fix to get through which is a vpn to allow me to play like before but ping issues came up with it so the problem is with the last update and affected some regions incl egypt which is where im from .

if ur from egypt too i think u will have to wait till DE fix it on next update cuz i did everything possible even contacted the isp about it and on their side everything is fine and my pc is fine so its DE's side .

if u found a vpn u will be able to play , the only the problem u will face is which vpn is reliable and FREE ! wihtout any limits ?

2 hours ago, Sharkeye101 said:

so its DE's side

that is about the silliest assumption of the day (sorry for only the day-award since i get even worse ones than this here).

so lets be objective for a moment, shall we? if this really would be on DEs side, there would be tons (and i mean like TONS) of posts about players who suffer from it - just look at the forum when there were actual login problems and mass-DC's due to ddos attacks or server crashes - this would be how it looks like.

as for what i make of this problem (keep in mind that i can only guess here since i don't have the information i would need to prove it): if your rig and network really ARE totally fine (and i assume now that you have the basic understanding of making sure of that) and if i further assume that DEs side isn't at fault (assumed because of what i already wrote), then my guess is going toward your ISPs having either some technical problems (the issue will resolve itself in this case soon enough) or that your ISP is blocking through this ports for whatever reasons (maybe some trojan using the same ports and they think it smart to hamper it this way - which is not btw).

so what to do about it?

well, VPN did work for you - which is btw a pretty good clue to my assumption to the ISP being the culprit here - so do this until the problem stops. or you could contact your ISP and yell at them (well, don't yell, that will get you nowhere - just ask them about any issues or port filter active... they 'could' actually put you on a white-list if they really care).

last thing comes to mind is using on of the other port-sets.... i think warframe have 3 sets you can choose from and i think it would be strange if they all are affected... at least not if you aren't in china, that is (or some other 'free' countries that like block their people from parts of the internet...)

58 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

that is about the silliest assumption of the day (sorry for only the day-award since i get even worse ones than this here).

so lets be objective for a moment, shall we? if this really would be on DEs side, there would be tons (and i mean like TONS) of posts about players who suffer from it - just look at the forum when there were actual login problems and mass-DC's due to ddos attacks or server crashes - this would be how it looks like.

as for what i make of this problem (keep in mind that i can only guess here since i don't have the information i would need to prove it): if your rig and network really ARE totally fine (and i assume now that you have the basic understanding of making sure of that) and if i further assume that DEs side isn't at fault (assumed because of what i already wrote), then my guess is going toward your ISPs having either some technical problems (the issue will resolve itself in this case soon enough) or that your ISP is blocking through this ports for whatever reasons (maybe some trojan using the same ports and they think it smart to hamper it this way - which is not btw).

so what to do about it?

well, VPN did work for you - which is btw a pretty good clue to my assumption to the ISP being the culprit here - so do this until the problem stops. or you could contact your ISP and yell at them (well, don't yell, that will get you nowhere - just ask them about any issues or port filter active... they 'could' actually put you on a white-list if they really care).

last thing comes to mind is using on of the other port-sets.... i think warframe have 3 sets you can choose from and i think it would be strange if they all are affected... at least not if you aren't in china, that is (or some other 'free' countries that like block their people from parts of the internet...)

ur post is appreciated and to clarify it more , its not the isp's side cuz DE itself decalred that and ill quote it for u 

it used to work just fine untill the last update the security stuff they made and didnt affect us only , us and other countries too and if it were on our side DE would've asked us to address it with out isps but they said will look into it , so its all clear now and also i contacted the isp about those ports all ports actually and they were fine prove i can run other games through them fine but warframe !

On 2021-04-28 at 10:18 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Starting just before Update 30, Warframe included network updates to the way the game transmits data between players and servers. These updates increase the security of our game traffic as part of our campaign to fully support Warframe on new-generation consoles.

Unfortunately, the way Internet Service Providers are configured in some parts of the world- principally Egypt, according to our data- causes interference with the secure connections Warframe requires. This may cause you to be unable to see or join multiplayer sessions, or to see other players online.

We are looking at workarounds to address this in the game client, but currently we do not have a date for when you can expect this to be fixed. Other network-related alternatives may be available to you in the meantime. We regret the frustration that this has caused some of you, but ultimately we do not control the internet, and we must do our best to work within the limitations that are set for us.

On 2021-05-12 at 9:35 PM, Sharkeye101 said:

ur post is appreciated and to clarify it more , its not the isp's side cuz DE itself decalred that and ill quote it for u 

it used to work just fine untill the last update the security stuff they made and didnt affect us only , us and other countries too and if it were on our side DE would've asked us to address it with out isps but they said will look into it , so its all clear now and also i contacted the isp about those ports all ports actually and they were fine prove i can run other games through them fine but warframe !

interesting... and indeed, i have come across more people (even from my own family) having this kind of problem since then - and with those i knew their network and used hardware (and also ISP) to rule out most of my assumptions. i captured some data between my side and the DE server as well of data between clients and host and compared it to what i have from what i have done in the past and sure enough, they changed quite a bit in the amount of data.

i guess, DE done what a lot of us demanded for a long time to prevent loss of rewards and loot due to unstable connections from p2p-networks... and further guess they feared that such issues could arise from such change and thus didn't do it years. point is, most people have no clue whatsoever about their used hardware, network and external services (the ISP in this case) and can't be relied on configuring (and subsequentially 'bug-fixing' a lot of things themself) those parts of the trade that a service provider like DE can't do for them... and ofc, if you get connected to someone with toaster hardware and a network that barely keep together when the user is surfing the internet, it's no wonder you get issues of all kind when being a client there ^^)

ofc, DE 'can' do a few things too in that regard (and they done a few too, over the years - or got the knowledge form external sources implemented), so it's a bit of the typical 'two-edged sword' case we see here.

idk, if you just unluck with whom you get connected to, or if your choice of region you play on is part of the problem (or the region you're in ofc ^^) but the explanation of DE is sadly correct: there is no real 'standard' about how to build, run and maintain networks beside the required ones to get them 'somewhat' running in the first place - in some places in the world they are more like the kind of ad-hoc netwotks you might remember from the 1990's when being on a big lan-party... and add to that mess, some countries idea of 'information management' for their citizens or what more critical minds would call 'censorship' - this creates a whole new level of mess into already wild-west networks...

funny thing i ever thought that 20 years into this millenium such nonsense would be in the past... looks more like it got worse over the years instead...

anyway, i guess for now you're best off finding a good vpn service that helps you with any shoddy routing in the internet (since not only your ISP can block certain ports, every other router from other ISPs where the data go through can do this too - and in some parts of the worls, there are far too much 'waystations' involved (and often only for the sake of collecting information or preventing the flow of them instead of 'just' routing them from A to B).

Archived