Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Open World?

Rachel_dArc

This got mentioned on the community stream, and the idea just made me smile.

Underwater Open World.

Having an open, 3-d world, underwater, would be amazing.  Could have underwater labs to visit and do missions in (much like with Orb Valis), Sea creatures swimming around to hunt and preserve, We've seen underwater Grineer, but not underwater Corpus, would be really interesting - or underwater Infested or Sentients.  Actually, underwater Infested would be terrifying.

Another option would be jungle or forested open worlds, which could be interesting as well. Trees and cover.  Or a strictly underground open world.  But the idea of an aquatic open world just appeals to me.

And I just heard of 'sharkwing'.  I love it!

imo: new raids >>> open maps
but raids are nowhere near anything and given that many players are disliking the uranus underwater tiles I doubt underwater maps are a priority, especially since they moved the divuri paradox (and maybe it's open map) to next year.

I'd be fully onboard with that idea...if it didn't come attached to DE's Open World(tm) with the same systems (conservation, fishing, mining, forgable thing, etc etc) and grind copy-pasted. What would be nice is if we could get 'large tiles' similar to proposed open worlds but without the open world syndicate stuff, or at least have it work differently. The more opportunities to see the art team's great work the better

Okay, can some please explain what have so many with underwater worlds??? Evertime someone mention underwater in a video game I think about this:

• Bad controls
  • Slow because water friction
  • If the slow part gets removed will it be just like in outer space.
  • Underwater Temple (LoZ OoT)

Seriously why??? The only good think is probably that it would look beautiful, but isn't the gameply more important?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Rachel_Darc:

A Clan Mate suggested also allowing necromechs for the ocean floor.  That'd be kind of cool, too.

This was possible at the release of the necramechs, sadly they removed the feature.

On 2021-05-10 at 3:49 PM, ES-Flinter said:

Okay, can some please explain what have so many with underwater worlds??? Evertime someone mention underwater in a video game I think about this:

• Bad controls
  • Slow because water friction
  • If the slow part gets removed will it be just like in outer space.
  • Underwater Temple (LoZ OoT)

Seriously why??? The only good think is probably that it would look beautiful, but isn't the gameply more important?

This was possible at the release of the necramechs, sadly they removed the feature.

We did underwater in Guild Wars 2- and honestly, while it was difficult at the beginning, we grew to love it more than a lot of the other locations in the game.  The freedom to move around, to float, to attack at different angles, all cool.

And perhaps I'm strange, but I don't mind archwing.  The missions with mandatory archwing are kind of annoying, and the underwater maps are just way too crowded, and I think that's why people don't like it - it's just... difficult and awkward and confusing as hell.

But flying around in my archwing over Fortuna?  Fun.  Plains of Eidolon?  Fun.  Railjack?  If I was a bit beefier, I'd love flying around in archwing in Railjack - I do anyway.  Zipping around, shooting enemy ships, then slipping into an enemy cruiser?  Love it.

I think an underwater open world - where it's open, would do a lot of good.  Slow?  Yeah, it might be 'slow', but they might also have a means to speed up your archwing, too. And yeah, places to visit underwater, seeing fish of various sizes including large ones, mechanical ones, infested ones, they'd all be interesting.  And maybe underwater kavat -- I mean, some kavat have cool scales and already look aquatic, so why not?

And ... gameplay vs beauty.  Why not both?  I love me some bright colours and beautiful landscapes to run around in.  Running around indoors is okay for some of the time, but I love open spaces more.  (Actually, while I think of it - why not some open world on Mars?)

On 2021-05-12 at 12:59 AM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Make an underwater world for Railjack, with Archwing/Sharkwing.

Huh, that'd be interesting.  Or possibly raiding subs as underwater 'ships', too.  Hmm.  There's so much potential there!

On 2021-05-17 at 9:32 PM, Deminisis said:

As it stands, underwater is just slower archwing. DE said something about outright removing old space archwing missions, so I doubt this would get much attention.

Actually, that actually makes open underwater even more enticing...

Archived