Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Needs a Texture/Color/Lighting Maintenance Pass

moondog548

There are many low res textures throughout the dojo.

There are many fixed-color sections of rooms (prime example being the bulk of the solid light-blue floors in virtually every room).

There are inconsistencies with what channels similar aspects of rooms are assigned to (i.e. between clan halls and hallways).

Some large rooms have a hallway stub that does not use the custom colorization at all.

Inconsistencies between rooms as to whether the consoles can have their color customized or not and via which channel.

Lighting customization is equal parts too convoluted and too limited. 

Which lights in a room are assigned to the [Change Colors: Lights] or [Change Lighting: Key] channel is frustrating and inconsistent between rooms.

The effect of [Change Lighting: Key] is too powerful and wipes the color choices of virtually any room.

The effect of [Change Lighting: Fog] is too strong; most colors completely obscure a room with thick fog

The only purple/violet options for colors are the extreme synthwave options from the Fortuna update (and it's just time for many more color options...)

Bonus: Being able to color-customize decorations (even just throwing a mask over the whole object) would be nice.

All that's just off the top of my head.  Lots of little-to-moderate issues that add up to a lot of work sincerely needed, I think, as it's really putting a damper on Warframe's unparalleled amazing and robust Dojo system!

• 2 weeks later...

Upon futher review and exploration I think that what is really needed for the lighting is an "intensity" slider for each category (key, accent, fog) as they currently all fully dominate the color of the room (well whichever between key and accent happen to be arbitrarily assigned to completely dominate the color of the room).

So yeah, again, just a pass to improve consistency of the behaviors of these very cool features you've given us to sculpt with!

And for some reason for the craftable sky-boxes, the Void one is very low res.

And why can they be assigned to the Observatory but not the Dry Dock?  I'm guessing the Open Room will accept them also, but we don't have one yet. ;p

Hi! I too suffer from "not having everything perfect in the dojo"

The textures we might not be able to help, especially after the Great Ensmallening. After that I noticed a small change in a lot of things but for example rocks like lua shards were reflective and shinier than before when they were more chalky and grainy.

A pass on lighting or lighting controls isn't mentioned or confirmed, but I greatly encourage you to comment on the most recent QoL thread for dojos so they can more easily see your feedback and ideas. We're in a bit of a lull, but more changes are coming!

43 minutes ago, Vash said:

Hi! I too suffer from "not having everything perfect in the dojo"

The textures we might not be able to help, especially after the Great Ensmallening. After that I noticed a small change in a lot of things but for example rocks like lua shards were reflective and shinier than before when they were more chalky and grainy.

A pass on lighting or lighting controls isn't mentioned or confirmed, but I greatly encourage you to comment on the most recent QoL thread for dojos so they can more easily see your feedback and ideas. We're in a bit of a lull, but more changes are coming!

Cool! Thanks for the feedback feedback! :D

Boy that thread sure is... long and old! ;-} I'm still glad I made a separate thread for what I feel is a relatively specific issue, but I'll be sure to wade more directly into that one.

Archived