Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game fixes

Instead of new warframes/quests, can we get a fix for all the glitches? Alot of stuff going wrong like missions not ending and relics not opening when you have all 10 reactants. Also NW stuck on screen all the time. Not sure if post in right place so can be moved if needed.

The artists are not the same people that bug fix in most cases. Specialy for DEs size. And quests don't stop fixes. The majority of quest work is art, writing and planning. Scripting mission triggers is not going to slow down fixing bugs. Spaghetti code of 9 years is just something that will cause problems every major update.

Keep in mind that not all of the glitches are reported by the people who experience them. The glitches that you have experienced are glitches that I have never experienced. Only some, and not all of the glitches are discovered, and before they are fixed they have to be isolated. With a game as big as warframe, it can sometimes be hard to find the locations of said bugs. The only thing we can do ourselves are experience them, give as much detail as possible, and hope it gets fixed.

As mentioned before , different teams work on different things, one is not necessarily eating into another,

But i share the sentiment ,

More Resources should be aligned to QoL/Fixes than new development now - they dont even need new things honestly - reintroducing old alerts could be a cycle that would work (reduce , reuse , recycle) instead of new releases.

Most new players i interacted with in the clan quit before they even got to most of the content (inactive for nearly a year) - i of course cant say that is the norm , but pretty sure its not an exception either.

Polishing what already exists would probably result in better retention.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PSN)xRexy1912x:

Instead of new warframes/quests, can we get a fix for all the glitches? Alot of stuff going wrong like missions not ending and relics not opening when you have all 10 reactants. Also NW stuck on screen all the time. Not sure if post in right place so can be moved if needed.

With a game of a magnitude of Warframe and a teamsize like DEs you won't be able to shell out content + fixes + balance patches + whatever the forums desires.

And quite frankly, I play a lot, way too much actually and I never even encountered a mission not ending or relics not opening. If you want a constructive discussion, you should really start to find real examples that happen often.

As a programmer myself, I can tell you that it is a S#&$load of work to dive into old code, find out how it worked and how it was programmed and then fix a bug. This might be worth everyones time with upgraded content like Railjack or reworked warframes, but it surely is not worth diving into the code and fixing Nikana sheath bug, even though this bug bugs me a lot.

When you have a look at the player numbers in steam, you will surely come to the conclusion that a lot of players come back when new content is delivered, which means income for DE. How many players do you think come back to the game when you don't release content, but a big bugfix that took months to work on? "Hey guys, Nikana sheath bug has been fixed" - "woooow, lets come back to the game, cant wait to try that out".... yeah, I think this phantasy situation is not going to happen.

I once asked a question in this forum: "if DE stop making new contents for a full year, and just focused on fixing bugs that whole year, would you still play warframe?"

Majority of the answers are yes. But there are also quite noticable people who are skeptical.

One of the most notable reason is because we loyal warframe players is the minority. We who discuss stuff in forums and actually care about the game is way fewer than casual tennos who only hops in when new update hits and probably spend bunch of plats to experience the latest and greatest. Those masses are probably the ones who pays the bills for DE.

==============

I did noticed when steve said "hey, we're hiring!" on last devstream. Hopefully they're allocating more funds towards bug fixing.

As a professional geek that supports large software development, my wish is more simple and equally unobtainable - that people would just come to terms with the fact software has bugs because nothing in life is perfect.

Take something like a rainy day and an outside activity. If it rains, you stop for a while and find something else to do.

Or a windy day that starts making your soccer passes have a random curve.

I am not advocating for the removal of a QA department, but when it comes to Entertainment, I just do not think 'bug free' is a reasonable outlook to expect.

I mean, in the first season of the show 24, there were all kinds of errors, yet it was still entertaining.

So what I wish is that gamers would chill out a bit over bugs instead of losing sleep over them.

It's all just ephemeral items and values in a database that have no real life impact beyond Entertainment, IMO.

I mean, even our oldest games like Chess and Go have 'balance issues'.

• 1 month later...

1) So when I loged in usterday and then again today, I took a look at all my current Relics.

I noticed in my batch of Requiem Relics that the weapon adapter with in THEM requires a fully built Weapon Adapter to build another, Weapon Adapter.

I am not the only one who has noticed, in fact many of my clan member are complaining about it, and are now avoiding opening Requiem Relic. So whats the deal with that?

2) Also I myuself and my clan mates have noticed we are Spawning in the Dry Dock. Why?

I now this to be a problem because I have changed it to other rooms multiple times in the last few days, and insted of Spawning in any other room it will defult me to the Dry Dock anyway. This is a big hassle becouse the Traiding room with the most activity is no where neer the Dry Dock. I would like everyone to defult to the room We (the clan) have decided is the best to Spawn into. This was not the Dry Dock........

Help us please, thanks...

On 2021-05-11 at 2:01 AM, (PSN)xRexy1912x said:

Until players stop screaming "Content Drought" whenever there hasn't been an update for a few weeks DE is never going to spend time going back and fixing the things they broke.

Then again, even when their isn't a content drought DE very rarely fix things.

Archived