Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have arthritis and can't do melee

Septemification

Question

I absolutely love melee weapons in warframe, be recently I have developed some issues with my finger joins and I cannot do melee or anything that requires button spamming, I was wondering if there are options I am not seeing or if it's ok to use macros in Warframe.

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Septemification said:

I was wondering if there are options I am not seeing or if it's ok to use macros in Warframe.

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

ref: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030014351-Third-Party-Software-and-You

So no, it is not permitted, yet you might not be punished. Maybe. 

10 minutes ago, Pinegulf said:

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

ref: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030014351-Third-Party-Software-and-You

So no, it is not permitted, yet you might not be punished. Maybe. 

They'd have to ban their biggest streamer, brozime, as he has even shown his macro setups.

5 hours ago, Septemification said:

cannot do melee or anything that requires button spamming

a friend told me this a while ago for an mmo, basically assign a key you need to spam to the mouse wheel down, then when you scroll the mouse wheel once it will spam the ability like 10 times ! its a fairly low effort motion for how much presses it generates, maybe helps in your case! goodluck

edit:sorry didn't' see someone already posted this!

A similar concern was for a program called ShawzinBot, which maps a MIDI file or a USB musical keyboard to keyboard so you can play a full chromatic, 2-octave scale Shawzin by automatically change scale for each note (so are a lot of TAB emulated strokes).

Basically, going by common sense: apps which modify or inject code into Warframe executable are banned (i.e. something which can alter UI, etc..)

Macros, which automate keyboard/mouse strokes, should be OK (of course aimbots won't fall into the "macros" category). As long as the macro won't let you to be unattended.

In this specific post a moderator confirms this:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1126568-shawzinbot-20-fully-revamped/?do=findComment&comment=11289864

I like to use one of the side buttons on my  mouse for melee - don't know if that's also a problem, but most mice come with software that allow the same kind of macros that keyboards have. You could probably set it to start melee with one button press, then stop the next time you press the button.

I also have no idea if that's against the TOS or not.

18 hours ago, Septemification said:

I absolutely love melee weapons in warframe, be recently I have developed some issues with my finger joins and I cannot do melee or anything that requires button spamming, I was wondering if there are options I am not seeing or if it's ok to use macros in Warframe.

I use a gamepad (X360 controller) and KB/M

Works great for me.

Archived