Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Kitguns feel so weak compared to their Secondary Equivalent

Redfeather75

Secondary weapons have higher base damage mods, higher multishot mods, higher crit chance mods.

Hornet Strike(+220%), barrel diffusion(+120%), lethal torrent(+60%/+60%), primed pistol gambit(+187%)...

are completely superior to..

Serration(+165%), split chamber(+90%), vigilant armaments(+60%), point strike(150%).

Even the range on secondary kitguns is superior. Going up to 41m when primary only goes up to 31m.

Why are primary weapons so weak. So many primaries are relying on hunter munitions to do armour ignoring damage over time just to kill high level enemies when secondary weapons can more easily kill the same enemies with direct hits. It doesn't feel right.

I was wondering if primaries could get a couple of new base damage mods that feel modular. Mods that would be used in place of serration and can't stack with it. Combining magazine size, damage and fire rate into one mod to help fine tune a weapon without having to buff every primary or release multiple primed mods for primaries. So that they can kill high level as well as equivalent secondary weapons.

Examples of the mods. The numbers are just guesses. Complete guesses!

+250% damage/-50% magazine size/-20% fire rate <- For making primary feel like a big hitter

+165% damage/+50% magazine size/+90% fire rate <- For making primary into a bullet hose

I am not really good at knowing the right numbers to achieve the feel of it. I'm sorry.

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

new base damage

Maybe instead of new mods, it's a good reason to put mods on par with their counterparts? The base damage mods, for example, are all over the place - from 90% on shotguns to 220% on secondaries. Probably be a lot easier to handle things if they all had the same effect across the board - you know, same way elemental mods do.

1 hour ago, Tyreaus said:

Maybe instead of new mods, it's a good reason to put mods on par with their counterparts? The base damage mods, for example, are all over the place - from 90% on shotguns to 220% on secondaries. Probably be a lot easier to handle things if they all had the same effect across the board - you know, same way elemental mods do.

I thought that too at first, but then figured it would be a nightmare to plan. Adding a couple of new serration type mods would be easy enough to test. Right now I am struggling to find a primary that can keep up with the range and power of my secondary. It is so weird that in this game longer barrel weapons have less range and stopping power.

On 2021-05-11 at 6:36 AM, Redfeather75 said:

Secondary weapons have higher base damage mods, higher multishot mods, higher crit chance mods.

Hornet Strike(+220%), barrel diffusion(+120%), lethal torrent(+60%/+60%), primed pistol gambit(+187%)...

are completely superior to..

Serration(+165%), split chamber(+90%), vigilant armaments(+60%), point strike(150%).

Even the range on secondary kitguns is superior. Going up to 41m when primary only goes up to 31m.

Why are primary weapons so weak. So many primaries are relying on hunter munitions to do armour ignoring damage over time just to kill high level enemies when secondary weapons can more easily kill the same enemies with direct hits. It doesn't feel right.

As fun as Warframe is.... everyone has gotta admit how terrible and short-sighted these balance choices are. DE has no idea what they're doing.

When you consider Arcane Precision vs Arcane Rage, the problem gets even worse.

Even with all these cringe-worthy balance issues, there are still several primary weapons (non-kitgun) that are extremely good, because their base stats and associated mechanics are good.  The simple fix they could implement is simply raise the base stats of primary kitguns.

Archived