Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon 2021: 'Sleeping in the Cold Below' Cover Submissions

[DE]Danielle

WF_CalloftheTempestarii_Screenshot_Vala_4K.png

Sisters!!- I mean... Tenno!!

We are collecting your covers of  'Sleeping in the Cold Below'! We have been so impressed with the covers we've seen so far and are looking to highlight your incredible creations for a TennoCon 2021 Community video.

Fill out the form below to submit your cover! This form has been translated into all of the languages we officially support, simply select the language you wish to continue in.

SUBMIT HERE: https://wrfr.me/2R1Uodj

Submission Guidelines:

• If you have already made a cover you can absolutely use this form to submit it! 
  • One submission per person.
  • Audio and video submissions are allowed. 
  • Audio-only submissions should be in .wav format.
  • Any inappropriate submissions will not be accepted and future submissions associated with the email address will not be considered.
  • Disclaimer:  Not all Submissions may be used at the discretion of the Digital Extremes team. The team may also reach out to you via the email associated with your submission.

We have also made it easy for you to make your very own cover by giving you access to the instrumental and backing vocal tracks here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pE-2CyFeWGB5zDQ1uuLrNHVYqclBql7k?usp=sharing

Simply download the tracks from the drive to use. 

Instrumental/backing vocal track information:

• BPM: 76
  • Key: G minor
  • Time signature: 4/4

This thread and the form will close June 8th @ 2 PM ET. 

Looking forward to hearing the track in your voices Tenno! 

Hi! This is mostly directed at DE (I don't know how else to contact them dfsgkjlf), but if anybody else knows the answer, please say something.

I actually started making a fan cover of Sleeping in the Cold Below shortly after Update 30's release, but it's been on the back burner for...like a month lol. I'm in the process of finishing it up and submitting it to DE for TennoCon, but here's the thing: it's not my work alone. A couple of my Tenno friends also contributed tracks, including the entire lead vocal line. However, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to credit collaborators in the submission form. What's the best practice for crediting other musicians besides yourself in the TennoCon cover thing? If there isn't a way to do that, are collaborative covers allowed at all? I assume they are, but I really don't want to post anything without credit...

Edit: Thanks mods for moving this to the proper place lol

16 hours ago, ._.-._. said:

the vocal cover submission, as in, vocal ONLY, excluding the (provided) instrumentals?

Ideally, a perfect vocal only submission would be a folder with two files: one that is your vocal cover on top of the instrumental track, and one file that is isolated vocals! :) 

4 hours ago, WinDiMoZ said:

does everyone that submits will be featured or only those select few only?

As the disclaimer in the main post says :

Not all Submissions may be used at the discretion of the Digital Extremes team. The team may also reach out to you via the email associated with your submission.

4 hours ago, whoover said:

Would it be okay to mess with the BPM and/or key of the track and is it okay to make your own instrumental and/or backing track?

Ideally we keep the same BPM and key of the track to make the compilation flow more organically. And yes you absolutely can make your own instrumental/backing track! 

10 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Ideally, a perfect vocal only submission would be a folder with two files: one that is your vocal cover on top of the instrumental track, and one file that is isolated vocals! :) 

So, then, what about a cover that features both our own instrumentals and our own vocals? (same key and BPM as the original) Would that go under vocal or instrumental covers?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived