Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe VR

Indecor1

Well first of all, i know this sound weird but just think about it. Just think how you would be able to just see the warframe world from your face. (also pls dont hate this is my first post)
So the fact that the vr industry has been growing a lot the last few years, it has gained a lot of popularity and it became more cheap and has better better resolution and just quality itself.
Just take the Oculus quest 2 for example its only 300 dollars and it also a very high resolution and  is wireless. (but you can still connect it to the pc anyway)

So basically my idea is to make warframe and add a vr crossplay. And it would be on pc (cuz warframe weights a lot)
Basically when you enter warframe and it detects a vr helmet it would give you the option to play from vr. For example: *We have detected a vr helmet on you'r device, would you like to play in vr? (this can be changed in options)  Yes - No*

The gameplay:

So making vr from third person view would be pointless so it should be first person only.
The movement mechanics like Bullet jump,roll etc can be made into. A: either buttons on the controllers B: specific actions to be done like for bullet jump you would have to run and jump at the same time *A is recommended*

About the shooting well..
make the triggers on the back of the controllers shoot.
Gameplay mechanics like the railjack dont make it just buttons. In my opinion it should be like 2 levers you can interact with 1 goes for the movement to the sides and the 2nd lever goes for rortation of the ship (and again the shooting will be on the back triggers of the controllers)

Swapping weapons will be like a lot of modern vr games do. (basically just put a hand behind you to take your primary weapon. then the secoundary weapon will be on the belt *should be both sides for dual secoundaries like Afuris or twin gremlins. for the melee it should be the back of your warframe (bottom half of the back)*

The abilities should be casted by pressing 2 button at the same time *on the controllers* or by doing actions like waving your hands etc.

basically the vr should be in crossplay like the PC with consoles. 

Also small tweaks like making vr players less detectable to enemies would be perfect

*also forgot to mention, making 2 walking styles will be very good for players with motion sickness, the syles are teleport and walking*

*also if DE will actually make vr please make the camera shaking less and also if you add the bullet jump remove the camera rortation just add some effects on the screen cuz the motion sickness for some people*

also if someone says that vr will make warframe a slow paced game, it will definetly get slower by a little bit but it wont become much slower because most of the game mechanichs will still be there but just reworked a for vr 

DE please add this to the game and if you dissagree with some of the things just add some tweaks there and there

What benefit will DE get?
well let me say:
community boost,a good vr game and a profit boost.
why profit boost? let me explain
community boost = more players 
more players = more potentional platinum buyers
get the point?
Anyways please add

Yea...

Also crouching can be made by crouching in real life

and double jump for example by jumping in real time and then doing an action with a hand for example

and the defualt jump will just be a jump in real life

Most of the community will like Vr crossplay

52 minutes ago, Indecor1 said:

Swapping weapons will be like a lot of modern vr games do. (basically just put a hand behind you to take your primary weapon. then the secoundary weapon will be on the belt *should be both sides for dual secoundaries like Afuris or twin gremlins. for the melee it should be the back of your warframe (bottom half of the back)*

How does something like this work when you get to set the location/orientation of a weapon? Reaching you lower back to grab something from your leg doesn’t sound great.

54 minutes ago, Indecor1 said:

also if DE will actually make vr please make the camera shaking less and also if you add the bullet jump remove the camera rortation just add some effects on the screen cuz the motion sickness for some people*

Don’t forget about melee effects. I am fairly sure the constant spinning from some weapons would be pretty bad. How about the constant flashing from abilities? That would get annoying quickly too.

52 minutes ago, Indecor1 said:

Most of the community will like Vr crossplay

That depends on how much the community values all the things that have to be changed to make it viable. Is it still Warframe when you change the view and take a whole lot of effects away? 

• I don’t think it’s a good idea.

21 minutes ago, krc473 said:

How does something like this work when you get to set the location/orientation of a weapon? Reaching you lower back to grab something from your leg doesn’t sound great.

Don’t forget about melee effects. I am fairly sure the constant spinning from some weapons would be pretty bad. How about the constant flashing from abilities? That would get annoying quickly too.

That depends on how much the community values all the things that have to be changed to make it viable. Is it still Warframe when you change the view and take a whole lot of effects away? 

• I don’t think it’s a good idea.

all of these things an be changed like swapping weapons can be bound to 1 button like on the controllers an the keyboard like 1 tap swaps between primary and secoundary and a hold long will change it to a melee

the flashing from the abilities is a pretty easy thing to fix by making the player whos in vr see only some of the particles not all of them cuz  the reason you said so basically the vr player will see a lot less particles to just not get blinded and players from the side that are on pc will see the normal particles so my idea is that vr players will A: see less particles in general B: See less particles from the abilities themselfes More likely A

also what did you mean by melee effects? like the particles when you heavy attack?

Basically all i wanted to say is the things that could be added so it definetly needs small tweaks there and there

16 minutes ago, Indecor1 said:

also what did you mean by melee effects? like the particles when you heavy attack?

No. When you use stance mods you get melee combos. These let you do stuff like spin in a circle or jump and slam your melee several times.

I might have missed it somewhere, but I am curious why you think this is actually a good idea. I don’t think it is because of how much has to be removed/changed to make it viable.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

No. When you use stance mods you get melee combos. These let you do stuff like spin in a circle or jump and slam your melee several times.

I might have missed it somewhere, but I am curious why you think this is actually a good idea. I don’t think it is because of how much has to be removed/changed to make it viable.

ah the melee stances well they should probably be remade somehow currently i cant say how would it work but definetly no spinning (cuz motion sickness)

if you actually think about it a lot of mechanics will stay in the game just remade a little bit differently like the railjack i mentioned in the main post 

actually melee stances will probably will just be ignored cuz they also give more mod space so keeping them is smart but just disabling the spinning is just better cuz tehnically u can make ur custom stance in vr *by tehnically i mean u can use your own movements* 

also i should mention the weapons that have an alt fire like redeemer or stropha well basically i think you will just have to aim with it and thats how u alt fire

in my opinion melee stances shouldnt be such a big thing counting that you can make your own movements and just move around freely

guys warframe devs have to experiment a lot with the new warframes and their abilities

so why not give vr a shot?

i dont see anything bad in that 

like all that has to be done is make VR detection then rebind some keybindings for vr controllers and just add a couple new mechanics and thats basically it

plus steam offers its own vr detection (steam vr)

also if you thing warframe will be *too action based* then just look at the other shooter games

they kind of require the same movement 

also as i already said bullet jumps wont spin the whole camera like why would someone even do that

... I'm just going to throw it out there that posting so consecutively isn't going to make it happen any faster...

That and this isn't the first thread mentioning it, its the 200th thread mentioning it.

... DE will implement VR when and IF they decide doing it, but I'm pretty sure its so far down the priority list that they aren't bothering with it at all for now...

7 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I'm just going to throw it out there that posting so consecutively isn't going to make it happen any faster...

That and this isn't the first thread mentioning it, its the 200th thread mentioning it.

... DE will implement VR when and IF they decide doing it, but I'm pretty sure its so far down the priority list that they aren't bothering with it at all for now...

yea ik

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks interesting, but from the perspective of the whole high speed combat would look strange and kind of janky, this combined with the parkour that could very quickly become nauseating makes it seem like more of a "trying warframe VR" once and then never doing it again. Also P A R T I C L E S. I am not saying this isnt a terrible idea, I'm just saying that the technology for it to be high quality isnt here yet.

• 1 month later...
En 11/5/2021 a las 15:48, Indecor1 dijo:

Well first of all, i know this sound weird but just think about it. Just think how you would be able to just see the warframe world from your face. (also pls dont hate this is my first post)
So the fact that the vr industry has been growing a lot the last few years, it has gained a lot of popularity and it became more cheap and has better better resolution and just quality itself.
Just take the Oculus quest 2 for example its only 300 dollars and it also a very high resolution and  is wireless. (but you can still connect it to the pc anyway)

So basically my idea is to make warframe and add a vr crossplay. And it would be on pc (cuz warframe weights a lot)
Basically when you enter warframe and it detects a vr helmet it would give you the option to play from vr. For example: *We have detected a vr helmet on you'r device, would you like to play in vr? (this can be changed in options)  Yes - No*

The gameplay:

So making vr from third person view would be pointless so it should be first person only.
The movement mechanics like Bullet jump,roll etc can be made into. A: either buttons on the controllers B: specific actions to be done like for bullet jump you would have to run and jump at the same time *A is recommended*

About the shooting well..
make the triggers on the back of the controllers shoot.
Gameplay mechanics like the railjack dont make it just buttons. In my opinion it should be like 2 levers you can interact with 1 goes for the movement to the sides and the 2nd lever goes for rortation of the ship (and again the shooting will be on the back triggers of the controllers)

The abilities should be casted by pressing 2 button at the same time *on the controllers* or by doing actions like waving your hands etc.

basically the vr should be in crossplay like the PC with consoles. 

Also small tweaks like making vr players less detectable to enemies would be perfect

*also forgot to mention, making 2 walking styles will be very good for players with motion sickness, the syles are teleport and walking*

*also if DE will actually make vr please make the camera shaking less and also if you add the bullet jump remove the camera rortation just add some effects on the screen cuz the motion sickness for some people*

also if someone says that vr will make warframe a slow paced game, it will definetly get slower by a little bit but it wont become much slower because most of the game mechanichs will still be there but just reworked a for vr 

DE please add this to the game and if you dissagree with some of the things just add some tweaks there and there

What benefit will DE get?
well let me say:
community boost,a good vr game and a profit boost.
why profit boost? let me explain
community boost = more players 
more players = more potentional platinum buyers
get the point?
Anyways please add

Yea...

I think that the vr mode would be better for the operator, since its playability is simpler and it would adapt better to the controls, solving the problem of the movements of the melee weapons and the combos, since it is easier to adapt the AMP that the entire catalog of weapons of the game (I speak through a translator, I'm sorry if something that what you translate does not make sense)

No warframe VR until NerveGear 🙅

Go outside and try to do some of the maneuvers our warframes do. They're very difficult, for one thing, but that's remedied easily enough with some button presses. They would, however, remain extremely disorienting and dizzying in first person, which means a bunch of the animations would need to be scrapped or ignored.

Also you make it sound like it'd be easy to add! It's not! Go code a simple VR game and come back, haha. So much of the game would need to be deeply reworked that moving to VR would absolutely warrant a Warframe 2.

I look forward to it one day, but today is not that day.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, I know this is a bit late joining in the convo but tbh, Warframe was built originally for pc, then cross platform was interduce, but my point is VR even after cross platform wasn't even thought of honestly, but I can understand a few parts of the game being used "with"   VR hardware because it actually would "function" with the hardware, with that point made.

I also have a few words for user's here bashing other's for an idea or opinion, Just don't do it, I understand some idea's or opinions can look or seam either dumb or out of reach, but they are just that, an "IDEA" or "OPINION"  we are here to share such idea's or opinions that is the point of these forms, being an internet bully won't help you or other's so please consider other's and not just yourself, no one is better than the other, some have good ideas/opinions other's do not, but being inconsiderate or having a "high horse" mentality person make's you look childish, and I'm sure can get you in trouble, so with that said let's all have a grown state of mind and not childish so idea's and/or opinions be shared without disrespect

Archived