How to build warframes?

(XBOX)AJ Reality

Question

I'm a kinda new player, 110 hours as of today. I have Octavia, Oberon, Nezha, Zephyr, Excalibur, and Nidus. I've been playing around with Zephyr because I really like her attacks, but they're weak when used on 20-30+ enemies. I'm only using a max ranked intensify. Same thing for Oberon, his offense attacks aren't too strong. Nezha's Divine Spears, too imo. Reminder that I'm only using  a max ranked intensify. Where do I get mods that can enhance ability strength and other stats better than the mods I'm using now?

Side note, I need Orokin reactors and catalysts, Where do I get those besides Nightwave?

Another side note, how do I rank up in other Nightwave acts beside Intermission 3?

the intermission act is the same for everyone once you made all the challenges you need to wait for others.

After that you go into the plus 30 realm where its only intermission credits.

I guess thats only on how you build your frames because Octavia and Oberon Actually Transend enemy levels they basicly bypass level and control wide area if built for it.

Its not burst damage but it ticks fast.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Same thing for Oberon, his offense attacks aren't too strong.

Oberons damage mainly comes from his 2 with Duration and his Augment

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Reminder that I'm only using  a max ranked intensify

Why?

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Where do I get mods that can enhance ability strength and other stats better than the mods I'm using now?

Literally everywhere. Use Codex or Wiki

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

I need Orokin reactors and catalysts, Where do I get those besides Nightwave?

Occasionally from Gifts after Devstreams, Invasions (we had one yesterday) or buying in the Market for 20p each

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

how do I rank up in other Nightwave acts beside Intermission 3

You don't. NW 1, 2, 3, and Intermissions 1 and 2 are gone. You can only get the weapons by buying the stuff from Intermission 3.

4 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Try going looking for Prime Warframes.

Don't listen to this OP. Primes just have slight enhancements. If you can come by some, good for you, but the normal variants are sufficient enough

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Try going looking for Prime Warframes. They take a lot of relics, but they generally have stronger abilities.

Excuse me what? 

Completely false OP, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS. Both normal frames and their Primed variants have the same abilities, there is no difference.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Excuse me what? 

Completely false OP, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS. Both normal frames and their Primed variants have the same abilities, there is no difference.

They do? Oh, sorry. My bad.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

They do? Oh, sorry. My bad.

All good. So assuming you're a bit new as well, don't fall in the trap of having to get the shiny primes. It's better to farm some of the vanilla frames and discover which of them you enjoy playing, THEN get the prime variant and invest your forma and catalysts into that one. Essentially all the prime variants get aside from a shiny look is slightly different stats ie the energy pool, armour value, health and shields. None of which ends up being detrimental to not have on the Vanilla version because it's all about the abilities and how you build for them and they're identical on both. So experiment with the vanillas, find what you like and invest in the prime. You'll end using your resources much more wisely.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

All good. So assuming you're a bit new as well, don't fall in the trap of having to get the shiny primes. It's better to farm some of the vanilla frames and discover which of them you enjoy playing, THEN get the prime variant and invest your forma and catalysts into that one. Essentially all the prime variants get aside from a shiny look is slightly different stats ie the energy pool, armour value, health and shields. None of which ends up being detrimental to not have on the Vanilla version. So experiment with the vanillas, find what you like and invest in the prime. You'll end using your resources much more wisely.

I'd say I'm actually in the midgame, but I don't pay much attention to stats.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

I've been playing around with Zephyr because I really like her attacks, but they're weak when used on 20-30+ enemies

Not every ability is made to do damage itself, Zephyrs are more used to enabled other things to do big numbers.(sucking enemies in to a ball with 2 or suspending them in tornadoes to take multiple hits from a single shot)

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Where do I get mods that can enhance ability strength and other stats better than the mods I'm using now?

Orokin vaults on the normal Deimos missions, opened with a Dragon Key.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Another side note, how do I rank up in other Nightwave acts beside Intermission 3?

Can't, the ones in the past have happened and can't come back. (Rewards from them get added to later nightwaves and intermissions)

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I'm using a max ranked intensify because that is the only mod I have that enhances ability strength. And sorry, can you elaborate on the "everywhere" where I'm supposed to get stronger mods? I can't simply search "strong mods" in the Warframe Wiki and expect answers. Codex entries I haven't discovered are marked by the "????" so unless you're talking about something else I'm not sure what those mods are. 

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

All good. So assuming you're a bit new as well, don't fall in the trap of having to get the shiny primes. It's better to farm some of the vanilla frames and discover which of them you enjoy playing, THEN get the prime variant and invest your forma and catalysts into that one. Essentially all the prime variants get aside from a shiny look is slightly different stats ie the energy pool, armour value, health and shields. None of which ends up being detrimental to not have on the Vanilla version because it's all about the abilities and how you build for them and they're identical on both. So experiment with the vanillas, find what you like and invest in the prime. You'll end using your resources much more wisely.

Ah...I made a mistake then by investing my Catalysts and Reactors into normal weapons and frames..crap.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Ah...I made a mistake then by investing my Catalysts and Reactors into normal weapons and frames..crap.

It's ok, they're still strong. What weapons did you invest into?

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It's ok, they're still strong. What weapons did you invest into?

Erm, a lot. Boltor, Ignis, Dread, Cernos, Orthos, Aklex, Akzani, and Dual Heat Swords. Tbf I shouldn't have been so hasty as I see now that was a waste of my Intermission creds. I've recently gotten the Ignis, Lex Prime and Cassowar, those three are what I mainly use now. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Erm, a lot. Boltor, Ignis, Dread, Cernos, Orthos, Aklex, Akzani, and Dual Heat Swords. Tbf I shouldn't have been so hasty as I see now that was a waste of my Intermission creds. I've recently gotten the Ignis, Lex Prime and Cassowar, those three are what I mainly use now. Thoughts?

Out of that lot, Dread is decent, ignis is decent but not worth investment as you'll upgrade it soonish. It is a bit of waste not gonna lie to you but you can do just fine in early game with some half modded weaponry. And then later on you'll be able to get more catalysts and forma. 

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Out of that lot, Dread is decent, ignis is decent but not worth investment as you'll upgrade it soonish. It is a bit of waste not gonna lie to you but you can do just fine in early game with some half modded weaponry. And then later on you'll be able to get more catalysts and forma. 

Yeah, I heard Ignis Wraith was good. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Posted (edited)

Standard and Prime Warframes share the same abilities, nothing ''stronger'' or ''weak''. But Prime ones have slightly more health (using mods too of course), armor and shield and such, for example:

Mirage and Mirage Prime.

Mirage:

Health: 80 (240 at rank 30)

Shield: 80 (240 at rank 30)

Armor: 100

Energy: 150 (225 at rank 30)

Mirage Prime:

Health: 80 (240 at rank 30)
Shield: 110 (330 at rank 30)
Armor: 175
Energy:150 (225 at rank 30)

The highlighted texts shows the difference.

For weapons, I suggest you to try different builds and configurations (search on youtube for guides too) and use those Forma too.

Edited by (PSN)Mordekaiser_5
I mistyped Stronger.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Side note, I need Orokin reactors and catalysts, Where do I get those besides Nightwave?

the daily sortie as a random (very low) chance, sometimes as an alert, I think that is it ?

49 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

went to the wiki for a more comprehensive list!

Blueprint

outside of nightwave those seem to be the only sources, I don't recall ever seeing one from battle pay.

it is very rare and tends to only last a day or two 

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Why does nobody state the other difference a Prime variant has? Bar stat tweaks, polarity adjustments/ additions and cosmetic look; all Prime Frames have an Energy bonus when in Derelicts or Void touching a Death Orb gives a big Energy boost like you get from Zenurik or Arcane Energize. Why does nobody ever mention that? xD Very handy in those areas if Energy is important and might be more useful as we go on. I know it's niche but it still is something regular variants do not get heh

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Why does nobody state the other difference a Prime variant has? Bar stat tweaks, polarity adjustments/ additions and cosmetic look; all Prime Frames have an Energy bonus when in Derelicts or Void touching a Death Orb gives a big Energy boost like you get from Zenurik or Arcane Energize. Why does nobody ever mention that? xD Very handy in those areas if Energy is important and might be more useful as we go on. I know it's niche but it still is something regular variants do not get heh

I mentioned the shiny look, I mentioned the stats difference if you care to look, which btw are not always a better thing in the case of higher shield values. I forgot the polarity difference I admit and I didn't mention the death orb part because nobody cares about that because it only applies to void missions.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2