Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to build warframes?

(XBOX)Blue W1nter

Question

I'm a kinda new player, 110 hours as of today. I have Octavia, Oberon, Nezha, Zephyr, Excalibur, and Nidus. I've been playing around with Zephyr because I really like her attacks, but they're weak when used on 20-30+ enemies. I'm only using a max ranked intensify. Same thing for Oberon, his offense attacks aren't too strong. Nezha's Divine Spears, too imo. Reminder that I'm only using  a max ranked intensify. Where do I get mods that can enhance ability strength and other stats better than the mods I'm using now?

Side note, I need Orokin reactors and catalysts, Where do I get those besides Nightwave?

Another side note, how do I rank up in other Nightwave acts beside Intermission 3?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Erm, a lot. Boltor, Ignis, Dread, Cernos, Orthos, Aklex, Akzani, and Dual Heat Swords. Tbf I shouldn't have been so hasty as I see now that was a waste of my Intermission creds. I've recently gotten the Ignis, Lex Prime and Cassowar, those three are what I mainly use now. Thoughts?

Out of that lot, Dread is decent, ignis is decent but not worth investment as you'll upgrade it soonish. It is a bit of waste not gonna lie to you but you can do just fine in early game with some half modded weaponry. And then later on you'll be able to get more catalysts and forma. 

On 2021-05-13 at 2:19 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Possibly. Time will tell. In the meantime, energy pads still work better :D

It's thousands of years from now and still Domino's Pizza is in business XD I bet in RJ we'll find a Starbucks too, can't beat coffee, pizza and tunes while sniping a Grineer from an Archwing heh

On 2021-05-12 at 7:36 PM, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

I'm a kinda new player, 110 hours as of today. I have Octavia, Oberon, Nezha, Zephyr, Excalibur, and Nidus. I've been playing around with Zephyr because I really like her attacks, but they're weak when used on 20-30+ enemies. I'm only using a max ranked intensify. Same thing for Oberon, his offense attacks aren't too strong. Nezha's Divine Spears, too imo. Reminder that I'm only using  a max ranked intensify. Where do I get mods that can enhance ability strength and other stats better than the mods I'm using now?

Side note, I need Orokin reactors and catalysts, Where do I get those besides Nightwave?

Another side note, how do I rank up in other Nightwave acts beside Intermission 3?

on a quick glance, it looks to me that you're absolutely sprinting through the contents.
i mean at around hundred hours i had excalibur and rhino.

anyway, iirc the first time i hit a wall was facing lv40 enemies.
then i started putting damage and multishot mods on my weapons, and ranking them up. they carried me pretty far. they also work on every weapons so ranking these bad boys up are solid investments.
after that, it's combining elements. slash + viral is an easy one to remember, i didn't understand why it works so well until later either, but you can start by trying putting that combo on your weapons. you'll learn the reasons as you progress.
warframe mods are not that important or impactful that early. survivability is way more helpful. first, you learn to live, then you learn to hunt. mods like vitality, steel fiber, or even redirection and fast deflection really helps. a little bit of warning, shield become way less useful later in the game, but earlier, they're lifesavers. you can't heal your health, but shields just recharges itself, it's a no brainer to have one.

and lastly, your "maxed ranked intensify"... can i confirm that it's the regular one, and not the "flawed" one?
don't max the flawed mods. they give smaller stat boost.

other than those, just play the game, you'll come across the rare mods pretty soon as long as you play the contents.
you mentioned nightwave. it's a great tool to introduce you to stuff in the game. just be prepared to google a lot.
other nightwave acts are past missions that, well... have passed. right now we're at intermission 3. that will end sometimes as well, and get replaced by season 4.

good luck, tenno

1 hour ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

until Duviri and New War as we have no idea what's coming really. With Orokin wrecks in RJ missions that just are background for now, it may be more Death Orbs coming along, we'll find out in time :p

Possibly. Time will tell. In the meantime, energy pads still work better :D

45 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mentioned the shiny look, I mentioned the stats difference if you care to look, which btw are not always a better thing in the case of higher shield values. I forgot the polarity difference I admit and I didn't mention the death orb part because nobody cares about that because it only applies to void missions.

until Duviri and New War as we have no idea what's coming really. With Orokin wrecks in RJ missions that just are background for now, it may be more Death Orbs coming along, we'll find out in time :p

4 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Why does nobody state the other difference a Prime variant has? Bar stat tweaks, polarity adjustments/ additions and cosmetic look; all Prime Frames have an Energy bonus when in Derelicts or Void touching a Death Orb gives a big Energy boost like you get from Zenurik or Arcane Energize. Why does nobody ever mention that? xD Very handy in those areas if Energy is important and might be more useful as we go on. I know it's niche but it still is something regular variants do not get heh

I mentioned the shiny look, I mentioned the stats difference if you care to look, which btw are not always a better thing in the case of higher shield values. I forgot the polarity difference I admit and I didn't mention the death orb part because nobody cares about that because it only applies to void missions.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

All good. So assuming you're a bit new as well, don't fall in the trap of having to get the shiny primes. It's better to farm some of the vanilla frames and discover which of them you enjoy playing, THEN get the prime variant and invest your forma and catalysts into that one. Essentially all the prime variants get aside from a shiny look is slightly different stats ie the energy pool, armour value, health and shields. None of which ends up being detrimental to not have on the Vanilla version because it's all about the abilities and how you build for them and they're identical on both. So experiment with the vanillas, find what you like and invest in the prime. You'll end using your resources much more wisely.

Why does nobody state the other difference a Prime variant has? Bar stat tweaks, polarity adjustments/ additions and cosmetic look; all Prime Frames have an Energy bonus when in Derelicts or Void touching a Death Orb gives a big Energy boost like you get from Zenurik or Arcane Energize. Why does nobody ever mention that? xD Very handy in those areas if Energy is important and might be more useful as we go on. I know it's niche but it still is something regular variants do not get heh

49 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

went to the wiki for a more comprehensive list!

Blueprint

outside of nightwave those seem to be the only sources, I don't recall ever seeing one from battle pay.

it is very rare and tends to only last a day or two 

Standard and Prime Warframes share the same abilities, nothing ''stronger'' or ''weak''. But Prime ones have slightly more health (using mods too of course), armor and shield and such, for example:

Mirage and Mirage Prime.

Mirage:

Health: 80 (240 at rank 30)

Shield: 80 (240 at rank 30)

Armor: 100

Energy: 150 (225 at rank 30)

Mirage Prime:

Health: 80 (240 at rank 30)
Shield: 110 (330 at rank 30)
Armor: 175
Energy:150 (225 at rank 30)

The highlighted texts shows the difference.

For weapons, I suggest you to try different builds and configurations (search on youtube for guides too) and use those Forma too.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Out of that lot, Dread is decent, ignis is decent but not worth investment as you'll upgrade it soonish. It is a bit of waste not gonna lie to you but you can do just fine in early game with some half modded weaponry. And then later on you'll be able to get more catalysts and forma. 

Yeah, I heard Ignis Wraith was good. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It's ok, they're still strong. What weapons did you invest into?

Erm, a lot. Boltor, Ignis, Dread, Cernos, Orthos, Aklex, Akzani, and Dual Heat Swords. Tbf I shouldn't have been so hasty as I see now that was a waste of my Intermission creds. I've recently gotten the Ignis, Lex Prime and Cassowar, those three are what I mainly use now. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

All good. So assuming you're a bit new as well, don't fall in the trap of having to get the shiny primes. It's better to farm some of the vanilla frames and discover which of them you enjoy playing, THEN get the prime variant and invest your forma and catalysts into that one. Essentially all the prime variants get aside from a shiny look is slightly different stats ie the energy pool, armour value, health and shields. None of which ends up being detrimental to not have on the Vanilla version because it's all about the abilities and how you build for them and they're identical on both. So experiment with the vanillas, find what you like and invest in the prime. You'll end using your resources much more wisely.

Ah...I made a mistake then by investing my Catalysts and Reactors into normal weapons and frames..crap.

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I'm using a max ranked intensify because that is the only mod I have that enhances ability strength. And sorry, can you elaborate on the "everywhere" where I'm supposed to get stronger mods? I can't simply search "strong mods" in the Warframe Wiki and expect answers. Codex entries I haven't discovered are marked by the "????" so unless you're talking about something else I'm not sure what those mods are. 

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

I've been playing around with Zephyr because I really like her attacks, but they're weak when used on 20-30+ enemies

Not every ability is made to do damage itself, Zephyrs are more used to enabled other things to do big numbers.(sucking enemies in to a ball with 2 or suspending them in tornadoes to take multiple hits from a single shot)

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Where do I get mods that can enhance ability strength and other stats better than the mods I'm using now?

Orokin vaults on the normal Deimos missions, opened with a Dragon Key.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)AJ Reality said:

Can't, the ones in the past have happened and can't come back. (Rewards from them get added to later nightwaves and intermissions)

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

All good. So assuming you're a bit new as well, don't fall in the trap of having to get the shiny primes. It's better to farm some of the vanilla frames and discover which of them you enjoy playing, THEN get the prime variant and invest your forma and catalysts into that one. Essentially all the prime variants get aside from a shiny look is slightly different stats ie the energy pool, armour value, health and shields. None of which ends up being detrimental to not have on the Vanilla version. So experiment with the vanillas, find what you like and invest in the prime. You'll end using your resources much more wisely.

I'd say I'm actually in the midgame, but I don't pay much attention to stats.

3 minutes ago, Brinstar7777 said:

They do? Oh, sorry. My bad.

Archived