Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

whats allowed with alts?

_Anise_

Question

I mostly wonder If I made an alt just to relive some of the early story and see what the actual new player experience is like, playing very sporadically when I am bored and feel like messing around or for my nephew to play with me when he sleeps over.

So I wonder is inviting an alt to your own clan allowed? are there any do and don't regards to alts ? example can I taxi myself to missions without setting off any alarms etc ? can I buy / gift my alt stuff using plat? this would be me paying for plat on my main account to give them money buying stuff for the alt and not actually spending or claiming any discounts on the alt itsself.

Thanks

16 answers to this question

16 минут назад, _Anise_ сказал:

is that in writing someplace ?

Read or re-read TOS and EULA

9 минут назад, _Anise_ сказал:

I just said I could let my nephew have and play the account

And to the company it would be a hypothetical nephew, therefore, you will be banned. Providing evidence that you're not the same person will fall on you with no guarantee for a positive outcome.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Hi mate so I have 7 alts. I use them as Warlord perms for different dojos in our clan. What you are not able to do with alts is interact them, unfortunately this means you can't share an IP with them, so you would need a separate computer or laptop with a different IP to your main computer in order to allow your nephew to use it. I know people who live together and play in the same household without an issue because they're on separate PCs but you cannot have 2 accounts on the same machine and it would be wise to not trade either. I hope that answers the question for you.

This is not quite correct. You can use as many alts as you want on one machine as you want, just so long as you do not have them interact/circumvent in-game limitations (i.e. trading, using one for riven storage, using them to farm platinum discounts, etc).

4 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

So I wonder is inviting an alt to your own clan allowed?

Yes, that's fine.

are there any do and don't regards to alts?

Don't have them interact. Best way to do this is make sure they're not signed into the game at the same time.

can I taxi myself to missions without setting off any alarms etc ?

No. This could be considered circumventing in-game limitations.

can I buy / gift my alt stuff using plat?

No. This would be interaction between alt accounts and could be considered circumventing in-game limitations by boosting one account with another.

this would be me paying for plat on my main account to give them money buying stuff for the alt and not actually spending or claiming any discounts on the alt itsself.

Still no, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Thanks but I don't want to risk the hundreds of hours and real money I have put into the game for a little messing around with another account, been thoroughly scared off even trying one for myself or nephew now,

As long as the alt accounts do not interact you won't be at any risk. If your nephew does pick up the game and plays from another PC/network (i.e. not on your network/not from your home) then his account and yours would not be considered alts and you can freely trade/gift items to him.

If however you and your nephew live in the same household and play on the same PC, then trading/gifting items could be risky as that would be indistinguishable from alt accounts interacting.

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You can

Thanks but I don't want to risk the hundreds of hours and real money I have put into the game for a little messing around with another account, been thoroughly scared off even trying one for myself or nephew now,

4 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

this is fine, I have a main pc that I can play and a laptop that I could let me nephew play on, I was trying to get him into something more interesting than fortnite 😁

not really unhappy, I'm told I can't spend my irl money to help my nephews account, I am 100% fine with not giving DE more of my money if that's the policy! 😃

anyway to reiterate I just wanted something fun and interesting to do but yeah given the feedback, its been enough to put me off even trying,

Seriously you have my Thanks

You can spend your money on your nephew's account via his ingame market but you cannot trade plat from your account to his. And if you choose to trade any items, do so "gradually". Anything abnormal will trigger the automatic red flag system for trading and may detect the similar IP.

26 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I know people who live together and play in the same household without an issue because they're on separate PCs

this is fine, I have a main pc that I can play and a laptop that I could let me nephew play on, I was thinking of wanting to get him into something more interesting than fortnite 😁

27 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

You got an anwer, but you seem to not be really "happy" with it.

not really unhappy, I'm told I can't spend my irl money to help a new account, I am 100% fine with not giving DE more of my money if that's the policy! 😃

anyway to reiterate I just wanted something fun and interesting to do but yeah the feedback has been enough to put me off trying,

Seriously Thanks 😁

5 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

having someone sit at a seat at your computer and have a bast on warframe isn't really, account sharing would be me giving him the username and password.

suppose you would also count it as sharing if I give him my laptop to make his own account ?

this is hypothetical, but It would just been me feeding money into buying stuff for his account but blah whatever from the negative feedback not going to bother

Hi mate so I have 7 alts. I use them as Warlord perms for different dojos in our clan. What you are not able to do with alts is interact them, unfortunately this means you can't share an IP with them, so you would need a separate computer or laptop with a different IP to your main computer in order to allow your nephew to use it. I know people who live together and play in the same household without an issue because they're on separate PCs but you cannot have 2 accounts on the same machine and it would be wise to not trade either. I hope that answers the question for you.

Hi there @_Anise_^^

As already mentioned: If you have multiple accounts, do not let them interact with each other.
If you are not satisfied with the first answer you got in this post, feel free to contact support for an official reply on this matter, or check out the terms ("Account"-section would be a appropriate place to start to get information, even if they are just about accounts in general) https://www.warframe.com/terms

You could also search for other threads in this forum about the same topic! There are posts that include for example a ticket-reply of a DE staff-member:
chrome_mKmpWqOBWh.png
Still, reading the terms/Eula/agreement will give you at least some information about this topic too. 

TL&DR:
You got an anwer, but you seem to not be really "happy" with it.
Sadly, your feelings or what you think would be "better" do not matter here. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

If you have multiple accounts, remember: Alts are not allowed to interact in any way,
Cheers,
Fabpsi~

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

which is account sharing

having someone sit at a seat at your computer and have a bast on warframe isn't really, account sharing would be me giving him the username and password.

suppose you would also count it as sharing if I give him my laptop to make his own account ?

this is hypothetical, but It would just been me feeding money into buying stuff for his account but blah whatever from the negative feedback not going to bother

never mind I did searched and DE Drew said they don't mind alts long as they aren't being used to abuse restrictions, I guess the "not interaction" thing is just to be overly cautious because I love to have a few games with my nephew now and again and I can't really see the me being against this!

1 minute ago, _Anise_ said:

really ? is that in writing someplace ?

what if I have my nephew own the "alt" (so not alt) and he is playing it on the laptop next to me ?

I mean this thread would be exhibit A in your criminal trial.

Even streamers have their alts join other clans to protect from this.

No interaction means no interaction.

Archived