Vox Solaris "Widget" Farming

TheSixOfDiamonds

Question

So I finally decided I wanted access to the Cantic Prism. I can go bonk Profit-Taker for Toroids for standing, I can do the boring Toroid farm if needed, the hangup is the Gravimag "widgets" (Atmos, Repeller, Gyromag).

I see the recommended is to do the "go kill a few things real quickly" that is Phase 2. My only concern is that I don't have something burst-damage enough to make the timer, I usually lean into "hit lots of things" instead of "hit one thing really hard".

Does anyone have any ideas on things I could spawn in Simulacrum to test for time? Would my Index Hek build work (iirc pure Rads)? I'm currently at rank... 1 or 2, so I can't just buy the widgets yet.

8 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

If you have access to exploiter orb, I suggest you try that instead. In my opinion, exploiter orb is a lot easier to handle than profit taker. And the toroid that it drops can be exchanged for 12k standing.

Have access, but haven't run yet. When my clan "reactivates" with the next update I might try getting that going finally.

13 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

If I remember correctly, for phase 2 I would use mesa and just BRRRTT everything without issue.

I don't know why this didn't occur to me. I keep telling myself "yea, but Mesa's squishy" even though I have been told what I thought was a waste of Umbra Forma is the "best" build for her. Also, tankiness is kinda a moot point when everything's dead.

Loving the options here, folks. 😄

20 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

"yea, but Mesa's squishy"

No idea tho told you that, but they're wrong. Mesa is practically immune to bullets and any enemies that get close enough to you to melee are either stunned by shooting gallery or BBBRRRRRTTTT by peacemakers.

2 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

No idea tho told you that, but they're wrong. Mesa is practically immune to bullets and any enemies that get close enough to you to melee are either stunned by shooting gallery or BBBRRRRRTTTT by peacemakers.

I told me that. Repeatedly. In spite of 95% DR, and Taxon repeatedly charging my shields (Mesa with over 1100 shields get hilarious), and Arcane Victory. Sometimes I just forget and tell myself she's "squishy". It's like how I've convinced myself Vauban isn't solid... and then I run him once for giggles and go "Oh... oh... I need a Lens for you".

And yet I take her on basically any new event that drops, and get to listen to my clanmates in Discord comment on the BRRRT factor.

Archived