Jump to content

I just disabled "attacks alling with camera" ... and I fixed melee ! xD


Recommended Posts

Just in case i'm not the only "skuum" that didn't know this...

 

Disable all the options about melee (allign, auto target, and camera follow) in the gameplay tab ...

 

now attacks that previously messed/conflicted with your movement direction flow seamlessly with it !!!!

 

this is huge ... feels like Melee 3.0!

 

now ... who starts the timer for when melee 3.0 inevitably  breakes my new-found enjoyment?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadowbladedeathkiller said:

I disagree

try the swooping falcon stance

the 3rd attack in the standard animation will lock you into goong forward.

while the block+attack animation will lunge always forward regardless.

 

 

with that option disabled, you press W+D and the frame actually lunge-attack in the forward-right direction!

 

It's not perfect, but as I see it each fail at one aspect ... camera locked is more responsive (as it ignores movement input) but sometimes forces a direction ... while the other option is completely smooth, but requires you to move in the direction of the enemy.

 

 

plus ... you can finally see your frame attacking from all direction ... much cinematic ... much wow 🐕🐕🐕

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ailia_Grimm said:

I only tried camera tracking once & found it awful

 

I still have attacks track targets though

Yes, that option is indeed awful to me as well ... it feels buggy, even for WF standards

Link to post
Share on other sites

It surely has its pros and cons. For example now you can't move backwards/sideways while attacking in front of you, so there goes the whole polearm spam E gist so much loved by this community. You also have to move forward while aiming in order to align vertical/thrust attacks, and in a game like this where you can move so fast even the slightest input to move forward can result in moving past the target, missing it.

I used to play with that option disabled too, but turned it back on sometime before melee 3.0 because it breaks animations so hard (especially on controller) it gets ridiculous.

I love action-melee focus games, so I'm used at aiming attacks with the left stick... but Warframe is a tps, you're constantly aiming anyway, I thought "I might as well do that for melee too".

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

It surely has its pros and cons. For example now you can't move backwards/sideways while attacking in front of you, so there goes the whole polearm spam E gist so much loved by this community. You also have to move forward while aiming in order to align vertical/thrust attacks, and in a game like this where you can move so fast even the slightest input to move forward can result in moving past the target, missing it.

I used to play with that option disabled too, but turned it back on sometime before melee 3.0 because it breaks animations so hard (especially on controller) it gets ridiculous.

I love action-melee focus games, so I'm used at aiming attacks with the left stick... but Warframe is a tps, you're constantly aiming anyway, I thought "I might as well do that for melee too".

Aim too hard, hammer go SMASH

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I have tried Melee Auto Targeting but very quickly turned it back off, I'd be fighting one target then if another one came into my view it would get targeted, which was bad if you were busy fighting a Boss or a Kuva Lich.

I run only Align Attacks to Camera and the other option Camera Tracks Melee Target and find them to be ok for how I play melee.

Though I'm always up for new things to try out.
 

/sidenote Does anyone know what Melee with Fire Weapon Input does, the game doesn't really say how that is meant to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

/sidenote Does anyone know what Melee with Fire Weapon Input does, the game doesn't really say how that is meant to work.

i have this one turned on, you instead use your mouse left key to attack. i also use right  key to block in melee mode

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

i have this one turned on, you instead use your mouse left key to attack. i also use right  key to block in melee mode

Thank you.

I use a keyboard button to melee attack, so if I'm understanding this correctly when turned on the mouse also does the attacking if melee weapon equipped.

Edit:
I tried it out, I don't really like it turned on yes it gives you the option to use left mouse as well for melee but hitting right mouse didn't block it aimed my gun, so I think I'll stay with it turned off.

I have a secondary key setup for melee also for when I wear out the primary finger, which really helps in Arbitration.
 

Edited by Slayer-.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...