Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path drops

3xplode

Question

I've been told somewhere that camping in Steel Path is not advised. I want to know why. Does it hinder resource drops? Does it hinder steel essence drops? Or something else? Though I have noticed that when farming orokin cells, gabii on steel path was a lot of drops for a few minutes, and then almost nothing at all, and then normal gabii was high drops all around

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Dunno...The only 2 things I can imagine is

• someone is/was afraid of the Acolytes who spawn about every 5minute
  • they were trying to troll you

Acolytes are nothing first of all, and are streamers trying to troll you when they themselves follow this advice?

Maybe they just didn't like the room you were trying to camp in?

I've spent a lot of time on steel path when steel essence still dropped from enemies and I had to be very careful on which specific tile and with neighbouring tiles I picked.

There is a grineer ship extraction tile that is perfect to farm with Octavia, but only if you enter from a specific door, otherwise enemies spawn much less often (7000 an hour instead of 10000) and if the neighbouring tile had multiple floor levels it would slow down even further.

Because most youtube streamers suck at the game and don't realise that they're camping in less than ideal rooms ie they're keeping a door forced open and blocking potential spawns, the paths to the room are bad and enemies either trickle in or get stuck, or there's not enough entrances to the room or space in the rooms adjacent to it.

Dunno if it applies only to steel path, but I couldn't camp in SP survival anymore a few days before they moved drops to acolytes.

Enemies would just stop moving to me and stand still in adjacent rooms after camping for a while (and I was constantly moving within that room).

I had farmed steel essence in that very same mission a few weeks before the above happened, and enemies just wouldn't stop moving in, which is why I couldn't help, but notice the change.

Archived