Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fused Reservoirs - Please change how many "Mote Slots" a fused reservoir uses

16Bitman

Please make fused reserviors only use a single mote slot, right now it consumes 3, so I can only place 2 of the new reservoirs or 3 regular and 1 fused.

This makes placing motes around the map much harder at the cost of only saving a few secconds.

In my opinion this mod should make it easier for a Wisp to provide her buffs all around the map, this is especially useful in modes like disruption and defection, especially in disruption the demolysts and nullifiers can easily run over your Motes, which will destroy them, having multiple around the map, in safe spots that are hard too reach for enemies would make it much easier to have backups.

Right now many people already don't use the Shock Mote on Disruption and Defection to have three buff spots (only using a Vitality and Speed Mote each). With this augment you're essentially forced to only have 2 spots on the map that will provide your health and speed buffs, making it a detriment for spreading out your usefulness to the team instead of something I want to use a mod slot for.

Video of 3 Motes disappearing when you place 1 fused mote below:

https://gfycat.com/tamerectangulargnat

So what is the "bug" here? Since this looks to be more of a suggestion. 

If the intended behavior of the mote was what was shown in the dev stream then yes it counting as three motes seems to be a bug and should instead count as one mote as shown by the mini-map in the devstream. But if the quick change to make it count as three motes instead of one mote since it was initially showed off in the dev stream then it should be intended behavior.

It was shown on the latest devstream that an universal reservoir did count as one.
While presenting the augment (timestamp 1:02:50), Rebecca puts 3 universal reservoirs and 3 singular ones. Also it may be noticed on the minimap that these from the beginning did not disappear like in today's state of the augment.

Unless not intended, to be able to only have two universal reservoirs active seems like a very sudden and impactful decision without noticing the players.
In the current state the augment highly penalizes a player with high energy cost for a miniscule gain that is slighly faster casting time.

Looks like a balance decision; since you're getting the benefit of all 3 motes, so it makes sense for the universal mote to use 3 slots.

I dislike augments that work as bandaids, but this one seems to be just one of these intended to make casting all 3 motes in a single place a bit faster/easier.

If this is actually the way the mod should function, what are we supposed to do with it? It triples the cost of Reservoir, and limits our ability to freely place our Reservoirs, just to reduce the button presses needed to place all 3. It makes sense that Wisp augments cannot be too powerful, as Wisp is already a very powerful frame, but this augment just doesn't do anything if we cannot place 6 of them. You may as well have created an augment that lets Will-O-Wisp leave a trail of confetti if you were gonna make a mod this useless.

Hopefully it is just a bug though, so this mod can be fixed and actually serve a purpose, even if that purpose is niche.

Good

I'm against this mod to being with

as it only encourages more brain-dead wisp spamming their reservoirs in places that I Don't want them.

Shock and Health is generally OK, but seriously Haste can screw with my melee timing and ammo usage; and no one is considerate to think about dropping them in places where other Tenno can Choose to Not step on them, its always right in the middle of a narrow hallway or something.

I agree that the fused reservoirs should only take 1 slot instead of 3. Even the description of the augment mod says "Adds a fourth reservoir that gives the effects of all three."

Right now it's functioning as if wisp is summoning 3 different reservoirs at the same time instead of just 1 fused reservoir. This is probably why each fused reservoir takes up 3 slots instead of just 1. 

Please fix this DE.

I agreed to your comment in the Update 30.2.0 Forum threat and i'm here to do the same once again.

Mod slots are incredibly valuable. In it's current form, this augment is not even close to being good enought to be worth the exolus slot, let alone a normal mod slot. 

Any mod or augment that doesn't provide huge utility, quality of life, power, damage or changes the way a frame operates is simply not good enough.

This augment would have been "barely good enough for the exilus slot" in it's first iteration shown in the dev stream.
However, it's nowhere near that level of utility when the thing occupies 3 slots.

9 hours ago, Nothin__ said:

Any mod or augment that doesn't provide huge utility, quality of life, power, damage or changes the way a frame operates is simply not good enough.

that's not how augment mods work friend, most of them anyway, not everything needs to be extremely OP as you've described it

that's just how players think or want Augments to be...it's ok, because players want everything to be overpowered.

but in reality, augment mods are whatever DE want them to be.

an augment should "augment" the ability not become an unseparated part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived