Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Protea Augment “Repair Dispenser” feedback. Why can’t sentinels and companions just BE immortal?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

What is it? Seriously what is it about companions and sentinels that are so valued/game breaking that they can’t be immortal? What is it about sentinels and companions that can’t be completely bypassed by just spamming E?   What’s the selling feature there for them not to be immortal? Why take the dev time to create this band aid below for Protea?

“Protea: Repair Dispensary (Exilus): Dispensary

Hold to create a dispensary that will Revive the Sentinel or Companion Moa of a player within 14m every 60s” 

I’d like an open and honest debate with the devs as to why sentinels and companions can’t be immortal? 

I will not be offering any ideas, others more qualified than me have done so in more depth and far more efficiently than me.

Having said that...

Came here for this reason, after seeing the new Update patch notes.

Honestly? I may sound like an ass, but, i cant even any more...

Not only is this not a very good mod, because it doesn't address how instantly your sentinel can die again at high enough levels, it has another bigger design issue imo. 

Even if it were effective and your sentinel wouldn't just die almost instantly and then you are waiting 60 seconds again, you HAVE to use a specific Helminth subsumed ability to use this mod. A mod that is for all sentinels and robotic companions, when nothing else like it exists in game. 

Even if they tweaked it/tweaked sentinels defensively to the point it wasn't a wasted slot, I think it is a bad design idea to force people to use one of out dozens of subsumed abilities just to have this functionality. 

Something like this should be a gear wheel item with a cooldown, not an augment for a single Helminth subsumed ability out of dozens. Just my opinion. 

Djinn can be immortal, Val Diemos cat is immortal, and now “dispense immortal”. It’s just so lethargic and all over the place. Why just these 3? Why? Why not all? What will break if all? 

18 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Something like this should be a gear wheel item with a cooldown, not an augment for a single Helminth subsumed ability out of dozens. Just my opinion. 

At the vary least this^ 100%

I need to see tests before giving my opinion ... there are companions that increase shield and remove status and protea already protects any sentinel with additional shield, this augment amplifies the protea, this is the main focus

9 minutes ago, Famecans said:

I need to see tests before giving my opinion ... there are companions that increase shield and remove status and protea already protects any sentinel with additional shield, this augment amplifies the protea, this is the main focus

Except Dispensary is in the Helminth system and is one of the stronger abilities to infuse to a Warframe. This augment doesn't amplify Protea, it is just a band aid to the way companion survivability works in general. The mod really doesn't belong in the game and doesn't fit Protea at all. You may as well slap this onto Trinity's Blessing, Oberon's Renewal or Wisp's Reservoirs with how arbitrary this mod feels to exist.

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Except Dispensary is in the Helminth system and is one of the stronger abilities to infuse to a Warframe. This augment doesn't amplify Protea, it is just a band aid to the way companion survivability works in general. The mod really doesn't belong in the game and doesn't fit Protea at all. You may as well slap this onto Trinity's Blessing, Oberon's Renewal or Wisp's Reservoirs with how arbitrary this mod feels to exist.

yes suppose the next companion augment or survival mod is released in a few months or years ... but the game cannot deliver "full power" to the players, warframe will never be a complex and difficult game if the raises are packaged in a single super powerful modifier.

I prefer multiple augmentation modifiers to come that simple augment cracking the game and strategies.

10 minutes ago, Famecans said:

yes suppose the next companion augment or survival mod is released in a few months or years ... but the game cannot deliver "full power" to the players, warframe will never be a complex and difficult game if the raises are packaged in a single super powerful modifier.

I prefer multiple augmentation modifiers to come that simple augment cracking the game and strategies.

Since when Warframe is difficult? I don’t know if you’ve been living under rock after all this time, DE markets this game towards the casual challenge phobia players.

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Since when Warframe is difficult? I don’t know if you’ve been living under rock after all this time, DE markets this game towards the casual challenge phobia players.

bingo: so we don't need mods augment, the sky is not the limit this is a casual and simple game to play, everything is perfect.

If you have to make an augment mod specifically so that players will use a warframe, chances are you should probably just tweak the warframe because people don't like it.

I personally don't like protea. Sure there is reservoir but I've never had issues with ammo health and energy before, that's what large pizza restores are for. And I know many don't like her because she has what vauban should've gotten, a turret ability (which they didn't even both to make helminth-able).

Verglas melts , and moas CCs , overShields , shield insta-regen , Wyrm's infinite status remove , odomedic,medi-ray , synth 's auto reload , everything is already enough to game-breaking  , making them immortal basically easy game

well just imo

10 hours ago, Sandvich_3228 said:

Verglas melts

So does every player weapon and abilities. Please take Verglas or any sentinel weapon to something like Sortie 3 level and see how that works out to you.

overShields

60% shields is nothing on most frames. There is only one frame who can take advantage of that. 60% extra shields isn’t game breaking.

Wyrm's infinite status remove

Still not powerful enough to warrant squishiness.

odomedic,medi-ray

There still far better superior options. Nothing too game breaking.

synth 's auto reload

Auto reload is mostly convenience. Not gamebreaking. Most people can live without it.

everything is already enough to game-breaking  , making them immortal basically easy game

Warframe is already too easy without their existence. Companions at best is only a walking vacuum and animal instinct mod slots.

Making them immortal or automatic respawns like Djinn and Vulpaphylas doesn’t impact the meta at all.

making them immortal basically easy game

spamming E is already easy game.

At this point companions and sentinels are merely temporary cosmetic QoL options with 10 year old twitchy inaccurate dumb suicidal random AI. Making them immortal will not effect this game. Because if immortal then they will be only immortal cosmetic QoL options with 10 year old twitchy inaccurate dumb suicidal random AI.

13 hours ago, -SicMundusCreatusEst- said:

I think this augment is a deliberate troll. Not only sentiels and most pets are not used because of smeeta kavat, but literally they get oneshotted after level 100. 

It does feel that way sometimes, doesn't it? Every time DE implement an obviously awful workaround instead of working on a proper systemic solution, I have to wonder if this is a change in good faith or a deliberate troll to the players making a big deal out of it. All I know is it poisons the pets discussion well. It doesn't actually FIX anything, but it'll give people carte blanche to dismiss pet arguments out of hand because "Just infuse Dispensery if you don't like it!"

Digital Extremes is such a roller-coaster ride...

4 hours ago, Sandvich_3228 said:

Verglas melts in SP mode

They're Pets for a reason , they're not suppose to be more powerful then warframes

Can pets dodge? Can pets think like a human player? Can pets spam abilities endlessly? Can pets nuke rooms? Can pets one shot bosses?

The answer is no. Stop defending pets, even a layman in pets can already see how terrible they are.

Immortal? If you mean like how the demios cat/fox thing does then sure! hell maybe give a small sort of "revenge buff" if your pet goes down, something that fits the breed of pet you have. 

Either way, mods like this, while helpful in tough situations, are just bandaids! They will still need a total overhaul and I'm pretty convinced now that Pets 2.0 will likely not cover enough problems to change peoples mind on pets overall.

I hope I'm wrong but the longer this continues without Pet changes of any kind the harder it's going to be to make pets useful. this augment while it will get used, it's not addressing the larger problem.  

On 2021-05-13 at 4:29 AM, Sandvich_3228 said:

making them immortal basically easy game

I get you, but I don't think it's enough sadly, Pets need more. Tons more!

9 hours ago, Sandvich_3228 said:

They're Pets for a reason , they're not suppose to be more powerful then warframes

Ehh sure, I get you there, they seem to be more about supporting Warframes especially with Kavats which are for sure more support focused, but what about Kubrows? They look to be powerhouses able to be mostly independent but have small supporting abilities depending on the breed, the Raksa for example I get the feeling is meant to be more of a attention grabber or taunter with some restoring powers for it and yourself and it kinda already is with Howl and Protect (Granted Howl scares people away which I think it shouldn't but w/e)

I'm of the mind pets should be at our level but offering something different or helping you make up for something you're missing, give your whole build a new dynamic to work from like filling in the issues that you have with your Pet, if you get my meaning. 

Tank, Support, Damage, it's a trope for sure maybe something DE wanted to avoid but it often works and I think should adopted for pets. 

On 2021-05-13 at 11:29 AM, Sandvich_3228 said:

Verglas melts , and moas CCs , overShields , shield insta-regen , Wyrm's infinite status remove , odomedic,medi-ray , synth 's auto reload , everything is already enough to game-breaking  , making them immortal basically easy game

11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Can pets dodge? Can pets think like a human player? Can pets spam abilities endlessly? Can pets nuke rooms? Can pets one shot bosses?

The answer is no. Stop defending pets, even a layman in pets can already see how terrible they are.

they do able to

Archived