Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Protea Augment “Repair Dispenser” feedback. Why can’t sentinels and companions just BE immortal?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Mediloric:

I get you, but I don't think it's enough sadly, Pets need more. Tons more!

if I compare what kind of damage kuva nukor does and what single target weapon does from the new sentinel ... then I laugh boringly.
I leave cats, dogs, etc. outside. because they're afk in the corner 90% of the time.

the guy is either troll or clown or worse (if he believes in those lies)

On 2021-05-12 at 10:29 PM, Sandvich_3228 said:

Verglas melts , and moas CCs , overShields , shield insta-regen , Wyrm's infinite status remove , odomedic,medi-ray , synth 's auto reload , everything is already enough to game-breaking  , making them immortal basically easy game

And none of this matter at the end of the day. The game is already brain rotting level of easy. You don't need any of the above to deal millions-billions of damage and be immortal. You don't need more combat power from pets. Pets are used for the utility that the Tenno and their weapons cannot provide. Vacuum, Enemy + Loot Radar, Helios scans, Smeeta loot buff. Sahasa's dig etc.

Panzer Vulpaphylas's Viral Quill is... neat. But Vulps are popular because they don't die. You don't have to waste time reviving them. You don't lose Radar and Vacuum for the remaining duration of the game if they die.  The main problem here is that lots of people do 1-2 hours runs and their pets is permanently dead 20 minutes in, leaving them without basic utility like Radar and Vacuum for the rest of the game duration.  

If DE insist on tying basic function like Radar and Vacuum into pets, they have to make them immortal, or at the very least self-reviving like the Vulpaphylas.   

This is the weirdest hill to die on to be honest. Why care about balance on pets specifically? Why not care about glaives that's doing millions of AoE damage per hit or Shield gate + Dragon key making glasscannon Warframes virtually immortal? Those are far more game breaking than anything pets can do.  

I'll never forget about how absolutely, mind breakingly, stupid it was to offer up the "Master's Summons" skill as a Helminth ability. An ability that removes one of your insane Warframe abilities to heal your companion but it doesn't resurrect them.

I don't agree with immortal companions, their QoL should continue to come with a cost (let's not strip this potential element of challenge from an already trivial game). I  suggest having their eHP scaling with enemy level to lower their maintenance cost to a reasonable effort.

I'm not sure pets should be entirely immortal, I think people saying that's the norm in other games haven't played other games. 

In MMO's, RPG's, Action games, any game where I can have a pet, I remember them capable of dying or going on a cooldown if I let them take too much damage/fire. 

Just... generally only if I was doing so bad that I was dying too anyway... they didn't go down over and over against enemies that I can easily survive against. In other games they scale with enemy level/player level in a more balanced way. 

You only think they are immortal in most other games because they don't go down unless you are bad enough to be going down or almost going down too. You have created false memories for yourselves because most pets in video games have proper scaling survivability that doesn't need bad bandaid mods like link mods, and Warframe companions just don't, and never have had any kind of proper scaling survivability. 

This isn't my idea, but it was a suggestion that I saw and liked and agreed with.

At least change the Regen mods.

Regen currently: Revives Sentinel once and they are invulnerable for 6 seconds.

Regen as it should be: When destroyed, Sentinel will revive after 90 seconds and be invulnerable for 6 seconds upon revive.

Primed Regen currently: Revives Sentinel 3 times and they are invulnerable for 11 seconds.

Primed Regen as it should be: When destroyed, Sentinel will revive after 60 seconds and be invulnerable for 11 seconds upon revive.

Also, change Djinn's Reawaken for balance against Regen, and make it conflict with (Primed) Regen: When destroyed, Sentinel will revive after 30 seconds and be invulnerable for 10 seconds.

That would take care of the Sentinels. As for the other companions, I'm not as concerned. With them, you have time and a choice to revive them yourself. With the Sentinels, they die and you get no choice, and they are often in the line of fire due to their proximity to you, and they have no Link Health, Armor, or Shields to help them with their low health, armor, and shields.

On 2021-05-14 at 10:11 PM, Bakaguya-sama said:

And none of this matter at the end of the day. The game is already brain rotting level of easy. You don't need any of the above to deal millions-billions of damage and be immortal. You don't need more combat power from pets. Pets are used for the utility that the Tenno and their weapons cannot provide. Vacuum, Enemy + Loot Radar, Helios scans, Smeeta loot buff. Sahasa's dig etc.

Panzer Vulpaphylas's Viral Quill is... neat. But Vulps are popular because they don't die. You don't have to waste time reviving them. You don't lose Radar and Vacuum for the remaining duration of the game if they die.  The main problem here is that lots of people do 1-2 hours runs and their pets is permanently dead 20 minutes in, leaving them without basic utility like Radar and Vacuum for the rest of the game duration.  

If DE insist on tying basic function like Radar and Vacuum into pets, they have to make them immortal, or at the very least self-reviving like the Vulpaphylas.   

This is the weirdest hill to die on to be honest. Why care about balance on pets specifically? Why not care about glaives that's doing millions of AoE damage per hit or Shield gate + Dragon key making glasscannon Warframes virtually immortal? Those are far more game breaking than anything pets can do.  

the problem is , it IS too easy , meanwhile they still complaining its not easy enough

52 minutes ago, Sandvich_3228 said:

the problem is , it IS too easy , meanwhile they still complaining its not easy enough

That's not what people are complaining about and you know it. The problem with pets is that they're annoying to deal with, not that they're "too hard." You can ask players to press a button every 20 seconds or die. That's not "too hard," but it's not good game design. You can ask players to press a button 20 times to open doors. That's not "too hard," but it's not good game design. Similarly, you can ask players to revive their pets every 20 seconds. It's similarly not "too hard," but it's not any fun.

Stop with the ad hominem arguments. Players are not the problem here.

Another sad thing to come from this is that this band-aid mod is Protea's first augment mod, and it'll probably be her only one for a while. I really like Protea, and it's sad to see that her first augment does essentially nothing to enhance her kit at all. So many possibilities for augments with her kit and it's completely wasted.

3 hours ago, sitfesz said:

I'm honestly concerned about the existence of this mod. What will be next? A mod that lets you through the door even with host lag?

Didn’t they make door opens client authoritative a while ago? I am sure they mentioned this somewhere when Arbitrations were first imtroduced.

15 hours ago, sitfesz said:

I'm honestly concerned about the existence of this mod. What will be next? A mod that lets you through the door even with host lag?

I know you're joking, but I wouldn't put it past DE to create an Augment which lets one Warframe's Helminth ability open Friendship Doors alone.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If people learned how to build their sentinels and not face tank all the damage your sentinels wouldn't die so fast and thus you wouldn't need this mod. ;)

Please take your Sentinels to Eidolons and see how that works out for you. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I have, and it goes quite well till the final phase but at that time I'm usually not relying on my sentinel. ;)

Still can't deny the fact that your Sentinel's demise is outside of your control. Which means, your previous argument is in fact.. invalid. Even if I kept a good distance from the boss my sentinel still received it's unfair death penalty.

38 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Still can't deny the fact that your Sentinel's demise is outside of your control. Which means, your previous argument is in fact.. invalid. Even if I kept a good distance from the boss my sentinel still received it's unfair death penalty.

It is not invalid, it is one event, or a boss if you will, out of the whole content of Warframe. It is a tough boss as well. If you think sentinels should have an easy time against the strongest boss then you want the game to be too easy. 

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

It is not invalid, it is one event, or a boss if you will, out of the whole content of Warframe. It is a tough boss as well. If you think sentinels should have an easy time against the strongest boss then you want the game to be too easy. 

I can still list other examples :

1. Railjack Missions. DE buffed enemy damage and gives them even more AoE attacks to make room for the lack of enemies. We all know AoE is a companion's worst nightmare.

2. Corpus Ship. Juno Elite Crewman overtuned supras can almost never miss Sentinels.

3. Orb Mothers. Same as Eidolons, they spam AoE attacks like there is no tomorrow.

DE is giving more AoE attacks to "challenge" players. Companions will worsen overtime.

If pets cannot be taken into late game content. Then, what's the point? Why not just remove them from the game?

I do not what to say, but Warframe is already too easy without them. We can already cheese the "hardest" content even without them.

Companions are bad and needs reworks. Period. 

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If people learned how to build their sentinels and not face tank all the damage your sentinels wouldn't die so fast and thus you wouldn't need this mod. ;)

At first I thought this was sarcasm or trolling. That said Sentinels cannot dodge Eximus AOE attacks, AoE attacks or hitscan targeting them. Sentinels do minuscule damage without Warframe assistance, rivens or debuffs. 

please post a vid of your build for EACH sentinel against Sortie Eximus AoE attacks, AoE attacks and sentinel targeted hitscan fire. So that we can see the error in our builds. 

Edit: better yet add me and we can go to simulacrum together, I’ll make sure immortal mode is deselected.  I’ll load in some 70-110 hvy eximus, hitscan units, hvy AoE units, AoE units, to see how your builds do for each of your sentinel builds.  I’ll then record it and post here on how tanky and unkillable your sentinels are.

sentinels are supportive and offensive (less tankyness , and thats why the augment exists) , moas are more aggressive and defensive (mostly on defensive) , And sentinels are easier to obtained, so its not really needed for a change Statis Field and Blast Shield helps to defend itself and the owner, while with usual link mods and verglas(wit the right set up https://imgur.com/a/szFzCaF) for great damage , the sentinel are straight buffs for owner's weapons like Carrier's ammo , Helio's background scanning job and reveal weakspots with augment , dethcube's vaporize and energy generator with augment , Wyrm's CC and Status Remove for every 5 seconds with augment , Self-Revive are only made special for Vulpaphlya ,well they did made every sentinel able to use Vacuum instead of Carrier's only... but that's old DE (at the bright side, all those new augments are good , makes grendel even more unkillable , zephyr more damage output , wisp just let you save time or save energy if empower is infused for reservoirs) remember dispensary is a subsumable ability , making repair dispensary available for most of the frame able to be able to sustain sentinel's buffs like synth mods , augments if they're down , and sacrifice exists ,making an infinite loop of reviving

On 2021-05-18 at 6:22 AM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

At first I thought this was sarcasm or trolling. That said Sentinels cannot dodge Eximus AOE attacks, AoE attacks or hitscan targeting them. Sentinels do minuscule damage without Warframe assistance, rivens or debuffs. 

please post a vid of your build for EACH sentinel against Sortie Eximus AoE attacks, AoE attacks and sentinel targeted hitscan fire. So that we can see the error in our builds. 

Edit: better yet add me and we can go to simulacrum together, I’ll make sure immortal mode is deselected.  I’ll load in some 70-110 hvy eximus, hitscan units, hvy AoE units, AoE units, to see how your builds do for each of your sentinel builds.  I’ll then record it and post here on how tanky and unkillable your sentinels are.

you don't even need all that, all you need is like 5 of the new corpus railjack shield ospreys that shoot sith lighnting at the veil proxima level. They don't even need to hit the sentinel they just electric proc you and the aoe effect will nuke the sentinel right quick. If you are very lucky and fast and notice you are procced right after the first damage tick you can spam a couple health pads and maybe save it, maybe.

On 2021-05-12 at 5:42 PM, kyori said:

Maybe someone is not happy that players will get vacuum all the time if their companion or sentinel unable to die?

Oh noooo. The players having convenience with no end? IMPOSSIBLE. Seriously... DE just hates convenience. Look at the Xoris nerf. It was purely a convenient Passive. Gotta nerf it. 

Archived