Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing the Treasurer in SteelPath!

EdDiesel

Why in the world does the Treasurer take so long to kill in SP mode even with a squad of four? The modifiers that increase his EHP through the roof in steel path mode are ridiculous and unnecessary. The Acolytes are killed so much faster compared to this mob which makes no sense. In solo play its nearly impossible and not worth trying to kill this dude in SP mode. I would prefer the Acolytes be a little tougher but not near the level this guy is. The Treasurer's EHP should scale based on the amount of players that are in the mission. Right now he is just a sponge even when using toxin dmg to bypass his shields.

4 minutes ago, EdDiesel said:

Why in the world does the Treasurer take so long to kill in SP mode even with a squad of four? The modifiers that increase his EHP through the roof in steel path mode are ridiculous and unnecessary. The Acolytes are killed so much faster compared to this mob which makes no sense. In solo play its nearly impossible and not worth trying to kill this dude in SP mode. I would prefer the Acolytes be a little tougher but not near the level this guy is. The Treasurer's EHP should scale based on the amount of players that are in the mission. Right now he is just a sponge even when using toxin dmg to bypass his shields.

Well, this is why you are struggling: 

From the wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Treasurer

Treasurers have a unique shield that possesses 99% innate Damage Reduction, as well as being impenetrable by methods that would normally bypass shields (such as  Toxin damage), making them very resilient to most weapons and abilities. Unlike most shields, their shields will not recharge after being damaged.  Toxin procs have no effect (dealing 0 damage) while their shields are up.

This is one of the few enemies where magnetic damage is actually useful. You need the right damage types and strategies, spamming toxin against the treasurer is like repeatedly slamming your face into a brick wall. 

It's because DE aren't quite done with arbitrary damage immunity just yet.

I've always just ignored them; they go away after a while. It's also a secondary reason to why I don't do Steel Path Defense; with the first being they take too bloody long, and those Creepy McArbitraryimmunity just make them even longer.

15 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

It's because DE aren't quite done with arbitrary damage immunity just yet.

I've always just ignored them; they go away after a while. It's also a secondary reason to why I don't do Steel Path Defense; with the first being they take too bloody long, and those Creepy McArbitraryimmunity just make them even longer.

Eh I'm not saying they are worth farming on Steel Path, but for those who hate letting an enemy go unchallenged, all you need to do is keep a strong sidearm with magnetic damage, they aren't that buff, you just need to use the right tools for the job.  

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Eh I'm not saying they are worth farming on Steel Path, but for those who hate letting an enemy go unchallenged, all you need to do is keep a strong sidearm with magnetic damage, they aren't that buff, you just need to use the right tools for the job.  

Hey, just providing options. Ignore them if you have better things to do, or gear up if you're feeling sadomasochistic. Not judging.

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This is one of the few enemies where magnetic damage is actually useful. 

yep magnetic+ slash kills it in seconds 

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

why would you even bother? they give the same tokens as a lvl 30 mission

idd I only kill them if I'm bored now, I don't want to get a weapon just for one enemy that comes just one time in a mission and doesn't give anything of substance

Il y a 6 heures, Aldain a dit :

I've never played Steel Path, but have you tried hitting them REALLY REALLY hard?

As a steel path player this is a way to take him down :
blood rush, condition overlewd, a weapon with over 20% base CHC, berzerker + Cedo with 2 combined stats alt fire, naramon tenno school.
Max your combo multiplier first, then hit him with the cedo alt fire, and then smash the melee button.

You'd have a good chance to take him down, even with elements that aren't good against shields (if you really want you can put magnetic on your melee, but that ain't necessary).
And it doesn't really change from your normal gameplay.

an alternate option is to use the pennant with a combo efficiency mod, a combo duration mod (+ Zenurik tenno school), max your combo multiplier first and smash the heavy melee on him

with a warframe infused with warcry, mote or other buff, it's not that hard.

In (solo) survival you may struggle a bit as he keeps moving (he's immune to knockdown and lift...) and with the high enemy spawn counts you may be blocked by other enemies, there may be some osprey that may resplenish his shield or nullifiers that debuff you (if you use roar or warcry or wisp mote)

I'm using a Kuva Nukor with innate magnetic damage and they go down pretty quick with a condition overload melee once you took some time to proc 10 mag procs.

Most of the time my pub team ignores them, but do a quick 180° when they see the coin drop a few secconds after the coin friend spawned.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MonsterOfMyOwn:

As a steel path player this is a way to take him down :
blood rush, condition overlewd, a weapon with over 20% base CHC, berzerker + Cedo with 2 combined stats alt fire, naramon tenno school.
Max your combo multiplier first, then hit him with the cedo alt fire, and then smash the melee button.

You'd have a good chance to take him down, even with elements that aren't good against shields (if you really want you can put magnetic on your melee, but that ain't necessary).
And it doesn't really change from your normal gameplay.

an alternate option is to use the pennant with a combo efficiency mod, a combo duration mod (+ Zenurik tenno school), max your combo multiplier first and smash the heavy melee on him

with a warframe infused with warcry, mote or other buff, it's not that hard.

In (solo) survival you may struggle a bit as he keeps moving (he's immune to knockdown and lift...) and with the high enemy spawn counts you may be blocked by other enemies, there may be some osprey that may resplenish his shield or nullifiers that debuff you (if you use roar or warcry or wisp mote)

Or you bring Nyx, cast her 2 and kill him in 2 hits.

Nyx is of course an option with the upside that you dont have to really change anything else in your setup because enemies like the treasurers are exactly what psychic bolts is good for. The more comfy option for me was to just go on my gauss and put magnetic on my stradavar, a few magnetic stacks and a couple of swings from a heavy fragor did the job reasonably quickly.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dunkelheit:

But, but she is bad and needs a rework, don't you know?

I don't know what you're getting at, but if it's "Nyx isn't bad because she's good at killing this one pointless enemy" then let me tell you that that's not as convincing as you think it is.

5 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

But, but she is bad and needs a rework, don't you know?

I mean she could use some touch ups all things considered (lol Mind Control).

Also her Augments are kind of...trash aside from Absorb and maybe Chaos' augment depending on the situation.

So yeah her 1, and 2 or 3 of her Augments are pretty bad (I also am a personal believer that Chaos needs some additional small effect since it is basically just a Rad proc, but that's just me).

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Krankbert:

I don't know what you're getting at, but if it's "Nyx isn't bad because she's good at killing this one pointless enemy" then let me tell you that that's not as convincing as you think it is.

Yeah sure, she is only good at killing this one pointless enemy. She was basically designed around with this one single enemy in mind, even though she was there long before him.

Nyx with Ensnare is the perfect Warframe for Steel Path. Here is a rundown on her abilities:

1. Ensnare gives you the best CC effect in the entire game (arguably), which even sticks to Acolytes.

2. Strips defenses, which means: 100% armor, 100% shields, all infested auras with 144% strength (could be wrong here, could be 134%, too lazy to look it up). Great against every single strong enemy in the game. Kill Sentients, Nox, enhanced shields in split seconds.

3. Amazing CC, fast cast animations, big area of effect, what's not too like?

4. Panic button which makes you invincible, if charged by teammates can clear  the whole room in seconds.

Problems:
Her 2 sometimes does not strip defenses, even though the animation clearly has hit the enemy.

Yeah, I have absolutely no clue why people think she is weak. Oh wait, actually I know. They play only vs lvl 20 enemies and an Ember can clear the enemies much faster.

Archived