Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back locked weapon Conclave!

(XBOX)Damaged DNA

So I'm no good at conclave. Everyone seems to run broken weapons and the pace is so much different, so it's very hard to get into it. I do not want conclave to be a contest of who's build is the most broken and/or tells boltace and wolf sledge spam. 

Ive played this game for awhile and I remember a couple years back there was a Valentine's day event that gave a heart decoration and another event that offered an oro orbiter decoration. I do not recall which was which but this event was the most fun I have ever had in conclave. Abilities were locked and Everyone was restricted to using a skana and the despair I believe and it felt like you could play off of skill alone. I enjoyed it because it allowed scrubs like myself to enjoy the PvP aspect of conclave rather than hate its bugs.

I think they should make a game mode for conclave that changes weekly that gives the players a certain weapon loadout to use and locks abilities like the mentioned previous events. I think it would be very popular and could potentially bring a lot of players into the conclave scene. Just like arbitration weapon buffs, these weapons should be randomly selected each week to minimize micromanagement of the excersize while giving new and old players an enjoyable experience to flaunt their skill and movement prowess rather than their broken weapon builds

On 2021-05-13 at 2:49 AM, (XBOX)Damaged DNA said:

Ive played this game for awhile and I remember a couple years back there was a Valentine's day event that gave a heart decoration and another event that offered an oro orbiter decoration. I do not recall which was which but this event was the most fun I have ever had in conclave. Abilities were locked and Everyone was restricted to using a skana and the despair I believe and it felt like you could play off of skill alone. I enjoyed it because it allowed scrubs like myself to enjoy the PvP aspect of conclave rather than hate its bugs.

I've seen this kind of statement a lot and from a lot of different people. And I completely agree. Especially now that the devs barely even fix the problems, bugs and exploits they introduce with PvE updates anymore.

For myself, this goes back years, e.g. this one (1.5y):

Spoiler

But I've also seen others and made posts myself in update threads. Nothing ever happened.

On 2021-05-13 at 2:49 AM, (XBOX)Damaged DNA said:

I think they should make a game mode for conclave that changes weekly that gives the players a certain weapon loadout to use and locks abilities like the mentioned previous events. I think it would be very popular and could potentially bring a lot of players into the conclave scene. Just like arbitration weapon buffs, these weapons should be randomly selected each week to minimize micromanagement of the excersize while giving new and old players an enjoyable experience to flaunt their skill and movement prowess rather than their broken weapon builds

I agree with this as well, a permanent mode would be even better. But that would require them to lift even a finger. But they have heavy hands. Oh so very heavy. 😉

Besides the clear benefits to accessibility (no needing to farm for meta weapons, e.g.) and bug avoidance, I feel like it'd be a good way for DE to hop back into attending to PvP in general. New event modes are easy things to publicize, generally pretty easy to build up, allow a touch of creativity, are a near-constant source of novelty (regular Conclave is...fine enough, but does get a little samey), yet also aren't terribly difficult to maintain. And it just gives a good excuse to slip in a few other Conclave bug-fixes.

Though I'm also hecka biased, as I feel an easy-in event-style PvP fits the PvE focus of Warframe better...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-16 at 8:02 AM, AlphaPHENIX said:

Ey, now I remember.
Wasn't the first Conclave event Opticors only? Man, so many people were asking that to be brought back, for a while.

That was actually an Annihilation Variant mode (checkbox on the mode screen). I don't know if they ever told us why it got removed.

Archived