Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack parallel to mission

Nattatar

I reinstalled the game to see how Railjack was integrated into the rest of the game and i swear it's even WORSE now than it was before.... Now for every mission, i only get to experience 50% Railjack gameplay and the rest is a normal mission. In the case of farming Ash by doing 20 waves of defense, it's more like 10% Railjack mission and 90% normal defense mission. It's pretty ironic that the ships are using the Protea golden-hand tile sets. Protea's side mission is exactly how Railjack missions SHOULD be. Any number of your squad could enter the enemy ship to play out the normal mission, the normal mission and the railjack mission run parallel and simultaneously. You've already introduced crew members so use them to fill slots for the on-ship/away parties. If you decide 3 members will take on the defense mission and 1 will defend the ship, that'll spawn 3 crew on the ship and 1 in the defense mission. Obviously i think there should be some method to swap back and forth during the mission... but the key is that they would run parallel. Healing the Railjack and making it immune to damage just because you entered the next stage of the mission is a total cop out and i'm calling BS.

1 hour ago, Nattatar said:

It's pretty ironic that the ships are using the Protea golden-hand tile sets.

Thats because all Corpus Ship tilesets now use it.

Protea's side mission is exactly how Railjack missions SHOULD be.
Any number of your squad could enter the enemy ship to play out the normal mission, the normal mission and the railjack mission run parallel and simultaneously.

As far as i remember, there is no Railjack mission in Protea's quest or for obtaining of her parts so where are you taking this example from?

You've already introduced crew members so use them to fill slots for the on-ship/away parties. If you decide 3 members will take on the defense mission and 1 will defend the ship, that'll spawn 3 crew on the ship and 1 in the defense mission.

Crew members were added to fill in the gaps squads may have in their teams when doing Railjack missions or to allow Solo players more safety to leave their ships without it being a sitting duck. There is no reason to allow Crew to spawn when players are outside the Railjack and within capital ships.

Obviously i think there should be some method to swap back and forth during the mission... but the key is that they would run parallel.

Swap what back and forth? Crewmates? From Onboard Railjack to Onboard enemy ships? There is the Tactical intrinsic that allows you to use the Revolite tool to recall to the Railjack and another that allows you to teleport to teammates in space or aboard vessels.

Healing the Railjack and making it immune to damage just because you entered the next stage of the mission is a total cop out and i'm calling BS.

Apparently you dont know how the Railjack maps are setup, its 2 tilesets in 1 map separated by a large skybox. This is to keep the map's load and load time low.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing you said was in the spirit of what i said and largely felt like you were intentionally trying to misunderstand me.... Let me clarify what should have been obvious from the original post.

The quote about how they're using the same tileset is a duh... you've added nothing to my comment and completely disregarded the ironic nature.
The quote about Protea's side mission entirely missed the point despite me immediately clarifying in the next sentence. Maybe if you'd stop dissecting my thought, you'd see it's all part of a whole.
The quote about the crew member's utility in the game is really just you enforcing your belief, then going on to say that your belief trumps mine with no actual reason or evidence.
The quote about swapping is, again, just you missing the point of what i said. I stated what should be... not what exists. I'm merely stating it's a system that works and would still work if the missions ran simultaneous to the away crew objectives.
The quote about railjack going immune in the next stage of the mission is, yet again, you failing to accept that i have a valid opinion that is different from yours.

So thank you for reading my post then belittling me and treating me like my opinion isn't valuable despite the fact that you misunderstood literally everything about what i said.

Now for why i came back to this topic. I found all the Veil Proxima missions to be much more in line with my expectations of railjack. The mission immediately had several objectives that all required coordination with the railjack and the away crew simultaneously (kill fighters, kill crewship which is railjack OR away crew, disable some platform which is railjack AND away crew, and kill some boss which is away crew.) This was really the polar opposite of farming the Ash warframe components... which involve you doing 20 waves of defense on the most annoying tile set ever. It's really entirely unreasonable and doesn't at all feature enough actual railjack action. But i'm happy that there is good railjack content at the end of the boringness.

Archived