I've accidentally spawned a Kuva Lich, How to I get rid of it?

TheBlackSpectre

Question

I accidentally killed a Kuva larvling. Didn't even know what it was at the time, and only after a bunch of research did I discover it's part of a whole Kuva Lich system that I didn't know about. I've been away from the game for a few years. 

Anyway, is there a quick way to just delete it? I don't want anything from it. I just don't want it to steal from me anymore. I want out of the Lich system!

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

I accidentally killed a Kuva larvling. Didn't even know what it was at the time, and only after a bunch of research did I discover it's part of a whole Kuva Lich system that I didn't know about. I've been away from the game for a few years. 

Anyway, is there a quick way to just delete it? I don't want anything from it. I just don't want it to steal from me anymore. I want out of the Lich system!

Thanks.

The bad news: You can't just delete it

The good news: If you don't fight it at all and just ignore lich missions, it won't rank up any further, and will stay on one planet -- the amount of resources it steals is very small percentage. 

In other words, you can't delete it, but if you just ignore it, until you feel like dealing with the new Lich system, it really is unlikely to impact your gameplay experience in any significant way. 

Tesseract7777 is right. Ignoring them will not significantly affect your gaming experience. However, many of the Kuva Lich weapons are quite powerful and worth having. Additionally, opening Requiem relics can yield riven slivers, which can be traded in for Riven mods.

You deal with the Lich or ignore it. There's no other way.

If you don't want to rank up your lich but still want to get rid of it, Join a requiem murmur farming squad. Once you revealed all the kill codes, you can go and fight your lich.

Posted (edited)

Just a reminder for DE: this was mentioned by experienced players as a potential issue when Liches were to be introduced too early to players before they were added to the game and it's not the first time this topic popped up either if my memory serves me right.

just saying dallas cowboys GIF

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Just a reminder for DE: this was mentioned by experienced players as a potential issue when Liches were to be introduced too early to players before they were added to the game and it's not the first time this topic popped up either if my memory serves me right.

Indeed. They should probably only become available when players have access to the Kuva fortress.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

DE has adressed this on one of the latest devstreams (not sure which), they actually found out that new players with liches actually stick around to the game longer than the ones that manage to avoid it.

So from their perspective, there is no reason to change it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
vor 8 Stunden schrieb 16Bitman:

DE has adressed this on one of the latest devstreams (not sure which), they actually found out that new players with liches actually stick around to the game longer than the ones that manage to avoid it.

So from their perspective, there is no reason to change it.

Really? Interesting. I watch the devstreams, but must have missed that. Thanks for mentioning it. I suppose it evokes more investment then? Along the lines "at some point I want to beat that guy.".

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Really? Interesting. I watch the devstreams, but must have missed that. Thanks for mentioning it. I suppose it evokes more investment then? Along the lines "at some point I want to be that guy.".

I can kind of see it. Those who are upset and actually quit or think about quitting over it will be loud, but if it was that significant a percentage I think we would hear a lot more of them. 

Also, I think the weapon is just a really, really powerful lure for newer players when I think about it more. Sure, veterans like kuva weapons too, but for a newbie, a mr13 classed weapon they can get at like rank 5 through the lich system, that is already fully built when they finish their lich, what they see in the lich screen is what they get, so they know exactly what they are grinding for, and bonus it has a built in extra damage mod they can change or upgrade later if needed. 

It makes them feel powerful, makes them feel competitive, and I guess when you think about it could serve to get someone really hooked. 

Killing a litch a lot of slow work.

1st you need to collect Murmurs which thankfully ppl group for, this will give you the Correct Types of Requiem mods to put on your hidden bade-err parazon

you will then need to get said mods by collecting requiem relics and opening them.

relics are aquired from kuva missions, they are opened via special fissures mssions on the Fortress

getting the right mods is only part of it, you need the correct order and alas the only way to check it is by trial and error.