Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've accidentally spawned a Kuva Lich, How to I get rid of it?

TheBlackSpectre

Question

I accidentally killed a Kuva larvling. Didn't even know what it was at the time, and only after a bunch of research did I discover it's part of a whole Kuva Lich system that I didn't know about. I've been away from the game for a few years. 

Anyway, is there a quick way to just delete it? I don't want anything from it. I just don't want it to steal from me anymore. I want out of the Lich system!

Thanks.

22 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Really? Interesting. I watch the devstreams, but must have missed that. Thanks for mentioning it. I suppose it evokes more investment then? Along the lines "at some point I want to be that guy.".

I can kind of see it. Those who are upset and actually quit or think about quitting over it will be loud, but if it was that significant a percentage I think we would hear a lot more of them. 

Also, I think the weapon is just a really, really powerful lure for newer players when I think about it more. Sure, veterans like kuva weapons too, but for a newbie, a mr13 classed weapon they can get at like rank 5 through the lich system, that is already fully built when they finish their lich, what they see in the lich screen is what they get, so they know exactly what they are grinding for, and bonus it has a built in extra damage mod they can change or upgrade later if needed. 

It makes them feel powerful, makes them feel competitive, and I guess when you think about it could serve to get someone really hooked. 

hace 9 horas, cha0sWyrM dijo:

"muscle memory" is just what people call not paying attention

well, yes, I'm not saying otherwise, it is exactly as you take it, but it will keep happening and one of the reasons may be the one I stated.. and the only difference is the mark the enemy has, one being yellow and one being red, different in color but a mark in the end...

hace 8 horas, DreisterDino dijo:

hold x instead of just pressing it

I have to disagree, if you slide before running into that prompt you will kill it without the need to hold, as I do with the capture targets too!

vor einer Stunde schrieb cha0sWyrM:

"muscle memory" is just what people call not paying attention...which is what i said happened in the first place.

Agreed, they even changed it so you have to hold x instead of just pressing it. But i guess they have to copy the "commit to the New War" prompt and make players type it in, and even then some players would claim they created the Lich by accident.

On 2022-03-16 at 11:37 AM, Echoes said:

with muscle memory being as it is....

ah yes...the mythical "muscle memory" that makes people unintentionally take several specific actions spanning the course of many minutes. 

"muscle memory" is just what people call not paying attention...which is what i said happened in the first place.

i wasnt paying attention to the game and just blindly killed everything in sight even though there was a series of very overt and obvious in game ques....you know..."muscle memory" instead of brain memory.

If im to be completely fair, Liches aren't that hard to kill. Sure, if you've never done it before it might be hard, but just equip a frame with DR like Nezha and shoot them in the head with a Zarr. Works for me since im able to melt half of a Rank 3 Kuva Lich's health bar in a single shot.

hace 5 minutos, cha0sWyrM dijo:

none of that registered as out of the ordinary?

with muscle memory being as it is, I tend to spawn liches I don't intend to because the mission is Capture and frequently forgot I already got the mission ready, see a waypoint to specific enemy, down it and press X even before its downed animation ended and voilà, lich I don't want is created. aborting the mission do not work either (weird enough if you abort on murmur farm it does work... losing all the progress)

lol......this again?

goes through a multi step process with audio and visual ques and feedback that requires specific actions in a specific order....

oh no..i "accidentally" spawned a lich, how do i get rid of it?

that wasnt an accident...you just werent paying attention to the many and various ques the game gave you up to that point.

i know...im sorry....you didnt mean to do it...but it still wasnt an accident. you did all the steps...followed all the ques...performed all the required actions...you just werent paying attention, and/or you didnt know. still though...you didnt think anything was odd up to that point? you didnt think it was strange that the screen flashed and you got a message from a kuva guardian? or that there was a special enemy with a special waypont marker you had to hunt downwho had a weapon floating over its head that you had to perform a manual mercy kill on?

none of that registered as out of the ordinary?

I was in the same boat and ignored it forever. Now that I have decent gear, it’s actually fun. I don’t stab it until I know at least two of the mods and have an Oull. Usually I don’t let them level past 3 and my last two were lvl 1, yay. If it goes to level 4 or 5 for whatever reason, just ask for help or turn on pub and it’ll get done. Fighting a level 4 or 5 toxin lich solo without decent gear is quite painful. GL

On 2021-05-15 at 12:16 AM, Thorham said:

Indeed. They should probably only become available when players have access to the Kuva fortress.

Well, they are - you have to have completed the War Within to spawn a lich and guess which location the War Within unlocks?

It's more a byproduct of the main story being quite easy and also not directly teaching nor requiring players to actually become that much stronger for mandatory content at that point.

To OP, you should work on getting all the Requiems for comfort before attempting to fight the lich at all, IMO. That way you can be sure it won't ever get above level 4 even in the worst case scenario. I'd also recommend building a Banshee, Nyx or Revenant among other frames for being really good at fighting liches.

On 2021-05-14 at 9:42 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

1st you need to collect Murmurs which thankfully ppl group for

And then you happen into a mission where the team collects a ton of murmurs and fails the mission itself.

No murmurs for you.

As to the rest (but also including the murmur missions themselves): it's higher level content than I usually like to play.  Yes, I'm not even in Steel Path (and likely never will be).  See also my other reply here.

On 2021-05-13 at 3:44 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

There's no opt-out

You're going to have to go through the whole Epic Process and kill them.

If that's annoying, well its intentional; They're meant to be your 'adversary' an npc that you'll have to take seriously and truly begin to hate.

All I'm beginning to hate is this mess of an underdocumented (well, what else is new with Warframe) system.  I made the mistake of mercy killing that one Larvling (in a momentary lapse of reason), and now I'm stuck to this BS.

Killing a litch a lot of slow work.

1st you need to collect Murmurs which thankfully ppl group for, this will give you the Correct Types of Requiem mods to put on your hidden bade-err parazon

you will then need to get said mods by collecting requiem relics and opening them.

relics are aquired from kuva missions, they are opened via special fissures mssions on the Fortress

getting the right mods is only part of it, you need the correct order and alas the only way to check it is by trial and error.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb 16Bitman:

DE has adressed this on one of the latest devstreams (not sure which), they actually found out that new players with liches actually stick around to the game longer than the ones that manage to avoid it.

So from their perspective, there is no reason to change it.

Really? Interesting. I watch the devstreams, but must have missed that. Thanks for mentioning it. I suppose it evokes more investment then? Along the lines "at some point I want to beat that guy.".

12 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Just a reminder for DE: this was mentioned by experienced players as a potential issue when Liches were to be introduced too early to players before they were added to the game and it's not the first time this topic popped up either if my memory serves me right.

DE has adressed this on one of the latest devstreams (not sure which), they actually found out that new players with liches actually stick around to the game longer than the ones that manage to avoid it.

So from their perspective, there is no reason to change it.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Just a reminder for DE: this was mentioned by experienced players as a potential issue when Liches were to be introduced too early to players before they were added to the game and it's not the first time this topic popped up either if my memory serves me right.

Indeed. They should probably only become available when players have access to the Kuva fortress.

just saying dallas cowboys GIF

You deal with the Lich or ignore it. There's no other way.

If you don't want to rank up your lich but still want to get rid of it, Join a requiem murmur farming squad. Once you revealed all the kill codes, you can go and fight your lich.

Tesseract7777 is right. Ignoring them will not significantly affect your gaming experience. However, many of the Kuva Lich weapons are quite powerful and worth having. Additionally, opening Requiem relics can yield riven slivers, which can be traded in for Riven mods.

5 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

I accidentally killed a Kuva larvling. Didn't even know what it was at the time, and only after a bunch of research did I discover it's part of a whole Kuva Lich system that I didn't know about. I've been away from the game for a few years. 

Anyway, is there a quick way to just delete it? I don't want anything from it. I just don't want it to steal from me anymore. I want out of the Lich system!

Thanks.

The bad news: You can't just delete it

The good news: If you don't fight it at all and just ignore lich missions, it won't rank up any further, and will stay on one planet -- the amount of resources it steals is very small percentage. 

In other words, you can't delete it, but if you just ignore it, until you feel like dealing with the new Lich system, it really is unlikely to impact your gameplay experience in any significant way. 

Archived