Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't understand kitgun loaders stats.

Redfeather75

Everyone uses splat so I decided to use killstream instead to see what advantage it has. I found out it has no advantage. 😯

Taking the magazine and dividing by fire rate we get how long we can fire before reloading. Add the reload time to that to get total time spent both firing and reloading. Now divide the reload time by that total time to see what % of our time is spent reloading.

We spend more time overall stuck in a reloading phase with killstream than with splat. 36% of the time being spent in a reloading phase. With Splat not only can we fire longer, but only 32% of our time is spent in a reloading phase. Killstream should have shorter bursts of fire, but make up for it by spending less time overall reloading. That is why the Splat is better for both burst and sustained dps.

Simply changing Killstream to 1.1 reload evens them out. But honestly Killstream should be a sacrifice in burst damage to have less time reloading overall. So changing killstream to even less, like a flat 1 second reload, would make it attractive over Splat for sustained dps. Splat would remain best for burst damage.

I've sat here and tried to argue in my head well there has to be an advantage to killstream, but there isn't one. Not even with pax charge does it make a difference. And the mods that load a % of magazine per second are better on splat as well because it has a bigger magazine.

I'm pretty sure the loaders are imbalanced.

Sorry for bringing this all up as it's old content, but I feel it is still important to look at. Something like this it should return comparable value so that players do not walk away feeling like they wasted their time, or plat if they bought catalysts/forma.

I would also like to mention that zaw grips and links are not balanced either. Picking the +damage/-speed variants on grips and links leads to a very significant dps loss. 😯

The speed loss in no way makes up for the damage gain. The damage gain stats are pre melee rework so they are way under what they should be.

The zaw blades got buffed by about 300% in melee rework, so the links and grips should be roughly 300% of what they are now to make up for the slower speed penalties they incur.

Archived