Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't get infected by Helminth Virus

OrkWarGod

So before I understood what it was, I accidentally removed the helmith virus from my excalibur. After asking around, I learned that you needed another warframe to get the virus again. When I got rhino, I went on a mission with a player using nidus. It has been more than a week now, but the cyst still hasn't grown and I can't access the helminth infirmary. Did I miss a step or is this a bug?

Nidus is NOT always able to spread!

This is a common misbelief from the first days of the cyst.

Here's a short timeline on how the cyst initially spread.

Day 0: The day before the cyst got added

Day 1: Nidus and the "infested room" were added alongside other content. Nidus is able to sit inside the chair and get stabbed in the neck, nobody knows what it does to Nidus, but it activated Helminth speaking to you. Nidus is not able to infect any others at this time.

Day 2: The cyst shows up for the first time, at this time, only Nidus Warframes have it, which is where this misconception comes from. Touching another Warframe triggers an odd effect and a strange sound.

Day 3: The cyst on Nidus grows slightly bigger, cysts on anyone that were touched by Nidus on Day 2 start to show up. Anyone touched on Day 2 can now infect others too.

Day 4: More mass spreading and cyst growing.

Day 7: People figure out you can grow a friendly charger with it, and it even removes the cyst, neat!

Day 8: Nope it grows back!

[That's enough for now]

tl;dr for @OrkWarGod

You probably did not get infected by the Nidus, I keep cysts on most of my Warframes, you can DM me ingame and we play a short mission together (doesn't work on relays/dojo) for you to obtain a cyst on your Rhino.

10 hours ago, OrkWarGod said:

So before I understood what it was, I accidentally removed the helmith virus from my excalibur. After asking around, I learned that you needed another warframe to get the virus again. When I got rhino, I went on a mission with a player using nidus. It has been more than a week now, but the cyst still hasn't grown and I can't access the helminth infirmary. Did I miss a step or is this a bug?

It's highly probable the Nidius didn't have the virus. Yes, that can happen.

Archived