Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The zero tolerance rule is the worst implemented thing in warframe

(PSN)Bobby_spiderman

First of all there is already a report feature that any player can use. If you make one typo or you’re talking to friends and make a joke based on context then you’re instantly banned for 14 years. And the support team send the same copy and paste messages with no care for an account with years of grinding on it. Plus they could’ve made it a ban on chat and not a ban on the whole game.

Then don't make typo.

There are places in life where you just shouldn't be messing around. Warframe is one of those places.

It's like in some schools, if teacher hear you curse, context doesn't matter. they won't care if you're joking with your friends. to the detention office you go.

some offices are pretty laid back with language, but some other offices, one curse word and to HR you go.

Warframe just happen to be one of those places. If you still don't have any control over your own words, probably just stick with cs:go, you're much safer there.

True, but it will not change. If you want to be safe(er) don't use anything to communicate with other people that's in the actual game except cold business talk in trade chat and unpersonal recruit chat maybe. This sounds dumb and makes ingame communication to socialize seem useless and making new friends in a game hard? Yupp, but there you go.

1c) ZERO-TOLERANCE POLICY ON HATE SPEECH - Racism, bigotry, and other forms of hate speech are completely unacceptable ways to conduct yourself in any space, and certainly not on the Warframe Forums. If you are found posting slurs, hate-speak, or any form of hate speech, (including self-censored, masked, or rearranged versions of these terms,) your account will not only be removed from the forums, but your access to the game will also be revoked.

Don't act like a bigot and you won't get banned. Seems pretty easy to me. 

20 minutes ago, Pinegulf said:

Sometimes honest mistakes happen. In zero-tolerance such a thing does not exit. 

How? Is there such a thing as a slight case of accidental racism? Like "honest guys, I'm not a racist but, sometimes I say racist stuff in video game chat". 

I have dyslexia and suck at spelling, I also injured my left hand so my finger moves slow and has very little feeling, I constantly make typos. Never once has one of my many typos accidentally come off as anything remotely racist. Modt og rthe tine it lopks sonmethinf line this. 

16 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Please detail how you can make an honest mistake and accidentally become racist, bigoted or sexist. 

I'm a little curious too. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Please detail how you can make an honest mistake and accidentally become racist, bigoted or sexist. 

Sounding racist while communicating in other languages in:  Apex legends or academia . 

Typos were mentioned previously. On the top of my head "He is a nagger" with few typos?  Writing  "come on guys?"  with a typo. 

Not knowing better. Did you know 'apple' was an ethnic slur? Ref:  wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MagPrime:

I mean, you could literally type a river/country wrong by adding another "g" by accident and then you typed a racial slur. Vice versa you could use the English slang for an attractive, naive and unintelligent woman (not sure if that already would fall under zero tolerance, anyways) or talk about Hispanic bread and you just used a racial slur in German at the same time.

I remember people actually asking questions in region/help chat that would have "siphon/simaris trap" as response to get people auto-banned by the bot.

Maybe not applicable in Warframe, but how many people already sent something inappropiate because auto-correct screwed them?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it's also probably not that unlikely that at least a few people made an actual honest mistake considering how many words and sentences are written by multiple people in multiple languages with different context each day ingame or online in general.

However, if a person claims it was an accident and they can't explain how it was an accident by using context I'd say it's probably bs.

20 hours ago, (PSN)Bobby_spiderman said:

you’re talking to friends and make a joke based on context then you’re instantly banned for 14 years

When you typed this, your entire post lost all credibility.  I don't doubt that you might actually believe this yourself, but if you took an honest minute to introspect, you would see through it, just like the rest of us.

14 hours ago, Pinegulf said:

Sounding racist while communicating in other languages in:  Apex legends or academia . 

Typos were mentioned previously. On the top of my head "He is a nagger" with few typos?  Writing  "come on guys?"  with a typo. 

Not knowing better. Did you know 'apple' was an ethnic slur? Ref:  wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Typing apple into the game chat isn't going to get you a ban and that's not what I'm referring to.  The type of comments that will get you banned are blatant, obvious, and those are what trigger the bot.  "He is a nagger" mistyped would trigger the bot, because the typo is a common, well known word that has been used for a very long time, not apple.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I mean, you could literally type a river/country wrong by adding another "g" by accident and then you typed a racial slur. Vice versa you could use the English slang for an attractive, naive and unintelligent woman (not sure if that already would fall under zero tolerance, anyways) or talk about Hispanic bread and you just used a racial slur in German at the same time.

I remember people actually asking questions in region/help chat that would have "siphon/simaris trap" as response to get people auto-banned by the bot.

Maybe not applicable in Warframe, but how many people already sent something inappropiate because auto-correct screwed them?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it's also probably not that unlikely that at least a few people made an actual honest mistake considering how many words and sentences are written by multiple people in multiple languages with different context each day ingame or online in general.

However, if a person claims it was an accident and they can't explain how it was an accident by using context I'd say it's probably bs.

I've seen a lot of people saying simaris/siphon trap will get you banned but I've yet to see nor experience it.  And if I was feeling like it, I'd go dig up the screenshots where I went in and just kept repeating trap, simaris trap & siphon trap where nothing happened, multiple times.  Either that's made up, or the regions have different trigger sensitivities or a person is triggering the ban, which is a whooooole different thing. 

I'm sure there are a few situations where it was an honest mistake due to typos and language barriers but I highly doubt it's anywhere near a sizeable portion of the community.  But per my response to OP, I honestly don't think the bot is gonna trigger that easily.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MagPrime:

Typing apple into the game chat isn't going to get you a ban and that's not what I'm referring to.  The type of comments that will get you banned are blatant, obvious, and those are what trigger the bot.  "He is a nagger" mistyped would trigger the bot, because the typo is a common, well known word that has been used for a very long time, not apple.

I've seen a lot of people saying simaris/siphon trap will get you banned but I've yet to see nor experience it.  And if I was feeling like it, I'd go dig up the screenshots where I went in and just kept repeating trap, simaris trap & siphon trap where nothing happened, multiple times.  Either that's made up, or the regions have different trigger sensitivities or a person is triggering the ban, which is a whooooole different thing. 

I'm sure there are a few situations where it was an honest mistake due to typos and language barriers but I highly doubt it's anywhere near a sizeable portion of the community.  But per my response to OP, I honestly don't think the bot is gonna trigger that easily.

Oh yeah, I agree. Again, devil's advocate. I just find the thought interesting that zero tolerance is considered fine when it's about punishing people for hurting feelings, but there's no policy for the people who get f'd over by it due to it actually being a mistake. Then it's just considered being unlucky and the general sentiment becomes: "you're part of the minority here, say bye to your account.".

1 minute ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Oh yeah, I agree. Again, devil's advocate. I just find the thought interesting that zero tolerance is considered fine when it's about punishing people for hurting feelings, but there's no policy for the people who get f'd over by it due to it actually being a mistake. Then it's just considered being unlucky and the general sentiment becomes: "you're part of the minority here, say bye to your account.".

I think it's the "greater good" mentality.  

I can see why the policy was put in place to begin with, people were going too far and not adhering to DE's rules and guidelines, so they took a nuke from orbit approach to make a point.  I respect that, been there.  Other, better options?  In theory, yes.  But the issue with "I made a mistake" is being trusting enough to believe someone in the first place.  

I do billing, people lie over the stupidest things for no viable reason beyond they can and/or they think they're getting a harmless one over on The Authority.  Downside, kinda screws other people over as well, so we get 0 tolerance policies as a result.

Rambly, sorry, hungry.

Gerade eben schrieb MagPrime:

I think it's the "greater good" mentality.  

I can see why the policy was put in place to begin with, people were going too far and not adhering to DE's rules and guidelines, so they took a nuke from orbit approach to make a point.  I respect that, been there.  Other, better options?  In theory, yes.  But the issue with "I made a mistake" is being trusting enough to believe someone in the first place.  

I do billing, people lie over the stupidest things for no viable reason beyond they can and/or they think they're getting a harmless one over on The Authority.  Downside, kinda screws other people over as well, so we get 0 tolerance policies as a result.

Rambly, sorry, hungry.

Yeah, I was about using "greater good" too and I get the worklife example. I think everyone who has to work with/for people knows to one extent or another that people do indeed lie (intensive healthcare, customer service/billing here). :) It just seems so self-countering(?). "We have zero tolerance because we care about every individual - well, except you who made a mistake. For you we have nothing in place.". Oh well.

Just now, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Yeah, I was about using "greater good" too and I get the worklife example. I think everyone who has to work with/for people knows to one extent or another that people do indeed lie (intensive healthcare, customer service/billing here). :) It just seems so self-countering(?). "We have zero tolerance because we care about every individual - well, except you who made a mistake. For you we have nothing in place.". Oh well.

Ayyy, radiology billing w/coding cert.  ^_^

But yeah.  It would be nice to have some kind of safety net for people who truly make mistakes.  

Archived