Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uh, I got a couple of ideas... just curious if anyone thinks they are okay....

TrueJaderunner

Okay well reporting bugs is a huge hassle lol. I go onto the forums and I post bugs, but no one ever gets back to me, I know its a busy time and covid and stuff haha, but it seems many of the bugs that you fixed in a "hotfix" end up coming back with a vengeance in one of your huge updates... Like for example the Dark Split Sword Stance/Umbra Forma bug that you fixed back in 27.3.8, well it came back around 29.1.5 and has been plaguing me for the past year. I mean I got rid of my old dark split sword cause I needed space, so when I made my new one, got it to 30 and knew you guys did a melee rework I was nervous... Sure enough my stance forma didn't appear. I clicked the standard forma button that did appear, and it was just a normal forma haha, I was so mad, cause one of the reasons I deleted the darn thing was cause I couldn't use a stance forma on it. Argh! the horror.

So, speaking of the Dark-Split Sword, lets get down to those Ideas I had, Now everyone keeps wanting to change the sword between stances, either heavy blade or dual blade DURING a mission. And it's a good idea, but if you could do that, I do think it would be alil Overpowered haha, E.I. Heavy Blade is great for Grineer, but you made your dual blade stance Good against Infested. and of course kind of game breaking. But You could however add a combo command that COULD change during the mission, and once you do the complicated combo, it will chance, but will add a damage debuff for like 15 seconds, or even better :  Deal 85% reduced damage, -50% attack speed  until you kill 85 enemies with your -1% damage taken away per kill and then when you kill 85 enemies; the debuff disappears! haha you know switching between a heavy bladed weapon to break them apart to become more agile dual blades or vice versa means you gotta get your fighting rhythm back! Now that's a good gimmick for a unique weapon! 

Another idea I have, if I didn't give you a technical headache with that sort of coding to make that happen, why not add legendary stances to the game, that are super rare that tie a weapon to a Warframe. E.I signature weapons  are nice and all with the passive activated if it matches the Warframe, but for melee weapons instead of just increasing the gimmick damage or range, why not have a stance for a weapon that kind of feels like that Warframe. I mean it would be so cool to see Octavia use a legendary stance designed for a group of melee weapons that kinda fit her personality haha. I would love to have her "beep bop" with a sword and shield, or a polearm or even a whip. and the legendary stance can add a unique appearance you can add to the weapon to fit the Warframe! like turning a sword and shield into a levitating Speaker and "Bass" Basketball she bounces and uses for attacks. and when she bounces it, it matches her resonator's song. Kinda cool idea huh? I don't got the technical know-how to even understand how to code that, but you guys are developers haha! ^.^

Lol, I'm an idea guy, not the coding, making it into a thing guy. but I love sharing my ideas, They may be "mine", but sharing is caring! I don't want anything for my ideas, maybe an acknowledgement but not any payment or anything :P

Swapping stances/modes in mission is a good idea, being penalized for it? No, that's silly.
Don't like the idea of "legendary stances" either, I personally dislike signature weapons. I think a weapon should function the same regardless of who you use it on, even though the signature weapon buffs are typically very small it's always been something that's still bothered me. I want to use a weapon and not be punished for not using it with a specific setup.

17 minutes ago, TrueJaderunner said:

DE doesnt want to have DSS change during missions is because it would be overpowered. and im like ... well you can add a debuff if you think its so op

Is it the real reason for not wanting this?

21 minutes ago, scam said:

Don't like the idea of "legendary stances" either, I personally dislike signature weapons. I think a weapon should function the same regardless of who you use it on, even though the signature weapon buffs are typically very small it's always been something that's still bothered me. I want to use a weapon and not be punished for not using it with a specific setup.

Special gimmick for certain frames sounds interesting. However special stance... I don't think it would work.

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

Is it the real reason for not wanting this?

Special gimmick for certain frames sounds interesting. However special stance... I don't think it would work.

yeah, someone asked last year and they said that it would be game breaking figurately, and literally. Like game crashing most likely, but also very strong choice and then everyone would use DSS.

5 minutes ago, TrueJaderunner said:

yeah, someone asked last year and they said that it would be game breaking figurately, and literally. Like game crashing most likely, but also very strong choice and then everyone would use DSS.

It wouldn't be overpowered. It would simply swap your melee type mid mission. It doesn't make either of them more powerful, neither mode of DSS is overpowered/broken so being able to swap would not as a result grant you any extra power over what you already have. If they actually cited that as a reason well, they clearly don't know their own game's balance, which we already know.

12 hours ago, scam said:

It wouldn't be overpowered. It would simply swap your melee type mid mission. It doesn't make either of them more powerful, neither mode of DSS is overpowered/broken so being able to swap would not as a result grant you any extra power over what you already have. If they actually cited that as a reason well, they clearly don't know their own game's balance, which we already know.

Yeah, it's like saying 2 people shouldn't wield Dark split sword with different stances (hammer & sword).

12 hours ago, TrueJaderunner said:

I got that in that time it could cause crashes. However in recent updates they introduced "form switching", either automatically (infested foxes) or via some "gathering resources" (Sevagoth into Shadow).

I think they are capable of doing this now.

Archived