Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Alad V./ruk's Boss Taunts Affected By Gradivus Dilemma [19/11/13 - Similar Idea Confirmed By Desteve]

Casardis

UPDATE: In the recent highlight video (

), Steve confirmed near the end, for Alad at least, that this kind of idea has indeed been implemented! Good news!

I think this will be a neat little touch in terms of adding lore and immersion.

First of all, some of their dialogues will make reference to the event that just ended, and its results. That's along with usual boss taunts.

Second and most importantly, the game will check your Tenno's data when fighting him to know if you previously sided with the Corpus or the Grineer during the War. It will occasionally (once per 2-3 runs?) one among a series of quotes related to which side you took.

Alad V. Quotes

If you sided with the Corpus in the event

Alad will try to convince you in joining hands again (DE did say during a livestream that Alad's one who prefer to avoid battle and will try negotiating when he sees fit).

1viu6cH.png

"Ah, Tenno! I recognize you, even among the many eyeless ones who defended the Resistance... Though victory wasn't achieved, it is never too late to defeat the Dogs. I see a great future for both the Corpus and Tenno, one that can be reached with your support. How about it?"

If you sided with the Grineer

He can tell you how you're exactly like one of those "dogs," and how selfish we were to willingly let colonies fall into Grineer slavery for our kind, questioning on our sense of duty, saying things to make us doubt I guess.

1viu6cH.png

"Willing to give away innocent lives, just to save a few of your kind... You and your eyeless slag speak of duty and balance, yet at the face of such trivial sacrifice, you stomp on your own creed! I shall take great pleasure in killing you, just like those Dogs you helped!"

Sargas Ruk Quotes

If sided with Grineer during Gradivus Dilemma

Suggestions are based on the letters Ruk sends to you, especially this one:

"He runs like a coward. He watches his profit crumble. Grineer feast atop the broken heaps of his defeated children. There was never any other fate. There was only ever one outcome. He knows what comes next.

You made the right choice. You became Grineer. You have earned your rewards.

And I, I will remember how you have served me.

- Sargas Ruk"

Taking these aspects into consideration, here's a few ideas:

This one is Ruk trying to convince you on joining him again (inspired by "Above and Beyond", the letter from Ruk giving you the Brakk).

UyZWd5n.png

"Rraahudd Tenno! I never forget true warriors. I never forget the Grineer, and I never forget how you served me. We crushed the Corpus together back on Mars, and it's only the beginning. Join us, join the Grineer again! We shall set aflame all that stands before us, Tenno!"

Another one if you sided with Grineer, this time knowing that you won't turn back to them, and accepting your decision.

UyZWd5n.png

"You were one with us! Above all else, you fought for your kind, for your sense of loyalty! Whatever the cost, against all odds! Tenno, unlike Alad, I see value in it. If duty has brought us to be at odds at this moment, I will grant you a respectable death!"

If sided with Corpus during Gradivus Dilemma

Similar to Alad, he will question your sense of duty, and how you're willing to let your comrades at the mercy of the Corpus.

UyZWd5n.png

"Another one who fell for the Corpus lies! Tenno, so willing to defend a worthless cause, to let the Corpus defile your brothers and sisters! There's no other fate for your kind. The Grineer will crush you, just like we did to the greedy worms!"

Add your own ideas here! Serious or not, it could be a fun share.

Edited by Casardis

ALL MY SUPPORT!

I mean, even in his message to you, Alad V does say that he won't forget what you've done for him if you supported him.

Oh that's interesting! Would you care to transcribe what he said?

I just thought that this could apply just as well for Ruk. Moved post to the top one.

Edited by Casardis

I think this is posted in the wrong forum area.

Either way, I likely this, too!

Could do the same for Ruk as well if they ever update him.

Yeah as I went on, I guess the fan concept area or the mission feedback may be the right place. Eh XD

By the way, I did a few ideas for Ruk as well (if you missed them, since it looks like you might have from your comment unless I interpreted it wrong). See a few posts above yours!

Edited by Casardis

Overall, this would be pretty cool, but I'm not sure how continuity works in the Warframe universe. On one hand, I don't like the idea of permanent flags on your account, (for the aforementioned reason) but I do really of like the idea of Tenno karma, and flavor text.

+3, but I'd like to see mechanics put into play to swing karma-based flavor text one way or another over time.

Ooh, I really hope DE takes this into consideration, I especially like how you capture Ruk's sense of honor even though he knows the two of you are about to fight to the death.

Only issue is what would the dialogue be for new players who weren't part of the event?

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Ooh, I really hope DE takes this into consideration, I especially like how you capture Ruk's sense of honor even though he knows the two of you are about to fight to the death.

Only issue is what would the dialogue be for new players who weren't part of the event?

The same Dialogue they have always had I'm assuming.

As SJunior said, it will probably be what he's already using, preferably with some alternation in lines to reflect his "new" personality, instead of those typical "Flesh is flaw!" and "Grineer will prevail" lines.

As SJunior said, it will probably be what he's already using, preferably with some alternation in lines to reflect his "new" personality, instead of those typical "Flesh is flaw!" and "Grineer will prevail" lines.

True, though I am curious if we should expect a lot more fire puns on Ruk's part.

• 3 weeks later...