Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sevagoth Bleedout Mechanic. Feels Wonky.

(XBOX)GODsmokeZILLA

I've been messing around with Sev for the past couple of days and his Bleedout mechanic feels broken..

You can only use that single ability and it seems to jump straight over enemies..

I've tried targeting them directly, even targeting the ground right next to them he always seems to dash straight through and past them...

I think I've only successfully done it once in a defense mission...

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

Is there a specific reason we can't use his melee attacks instead?

I like the idea but the execution is not clean.

Unless you count clean through the enemies without even killing them...

18 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the issue i have with it is that my very beefy sentinel follows the shadow and kills enemies before i can, haha

I didn't even think of that. 

I do have the new sentinel equipped, and he is fairly OP.

Makes getting NW objectives like "Kill 150 enemies with × Element" more challenging tho. Trying to get kills before your companion wipes the battlefield.

My only real beef with Sevagoth passive/bleedout is I would sometimes really like to be able force the death rather than wait around. Sometimes, you know that you aren't going to be able to gather enough souls and you'd really rather just get moving.

This was actually really frustrating when doing a solo Kuva Siphon Ambulas fight.

On 2021-05-13 at 9:56 PM, jargonburn said:

My only real beef with Sevagoth passive/bleedout is I would sometimes really like to be able force the death rather than wait around. Sometimes, you know that you aren't going to be able to gather enough souls and you'd really rather just get moving.

This was actually really frustrating when doing a solo Kuva Siphon Ambulas fight.

Yeah, being able to give up would be nice instead of being stuck waiting for the ghost to expire.

On 2021-05-13 at 5:04 PM, (XBOX)GODsmokeZILLA said:

I had issues at first hitting my targets because I thought the shadow's hitbox was a lot larger than it is, if you focus the enemies as single targets I tend to him them nearly every time. Just treat it like its a shotgun and you have to actually aim directly at the enemies to kill them, at least that's what I do.

As for the reason you're forced to use the ghost dash? Part of it is thematic, the move is for healing the ghost so you have to harvest souls to resurrect Sevagoth. The other part I assume is because the claws are strong as hell, if you had to slash 5 enemies with the claws you'd be guaranteed to resurrect every single time and I imagine they want you to have to at least work for it a little bit.

On 2021-05-14 at 11:23 AM, (XBOX)GODsmokeZILLA said:

I didn't even think of that. 

I do have the new sentinel equipped, and he is fairly OP.

Makes getting NW objectives like "Kill 150 enemies with × Element" more challenging tho. Trying to get kills before your companion wipes the battlefield.

yeah i have my dethcube fitted with the new verglas, so if it isn't just lasering everything it sees it's completely deleting enemies with that finger-of-god known as vaporise...

i get a lot of energy from it though, so at least i can just keep using my abilities without any trouble

Ive been using sevagoth a good bit and I can agree with the wonky feeling. The ability can both be a targeted ability or a normal cast ability, but in either case it travels a long distance because it floats past its normal range distance. If you are within ~15 meters to a target and dash you should hit them because within that range its a targeted action, but beyond that you cant really hit them. 
Personally Id prefer the ability to stop directly on the enemy you target like an Atlas landslide instead of floating past them whether or not you did hit them

Archived