Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Loadouts feature is too Rigid, and Incomplete

I want to use Loadouts to streamline my playstyles, but it's not terribly often that I want to play with one PRECISE array of Companion (+ Weapon where applicable), Warframe, Primary, Secondary, Melee, Archgun, and Focus School. Also notable, the Change Loadout screen from the Navigation Menu does not even indicate configurations are selected, your Focus School selection, nor does it give you the options/accessibility to the Vehicles tab contents, making any open world, Railjack, and Archwing mission innately more tedious to play, since it means you will always need to go to your Arsenal to customize your Archwing/Arch-weapons/Voidrig/K-Drive selections (with the exception of the ground-deployable Archgun).

1) Please allow us to also select our Vehicles/etc Loadout from the Navigation Menu Loadouts menu as well

2) Please show Focus School selection in Loadouts

3) Please give us the option to OMIT modifications/overwrites to specific slots. This would allow players to select specific Arsenal combinations without altering the whole currently-equipped Loadout, or having to select the Loadout but having to edit it anyways. (e.g. quickly applying ONLY the Daikyu, a Nikana, and Naramon Focus School, without changing your Warframe, Companion, Secondary, and Archgun/Vehicles. Or a specific Glaive, Single-Pistol, and Zenurik Focus School combination. Or quickly swapping just a single favorite weapon, Warframe, or Companion back onto your current Loadout, without having to go to the Arsenal.

I'm almost at MR30 but with the sheer variety of Warframes and Companions and Weapons available as combinations, I have a hard time seeing myself bothering to customize all my upcoming bonus Loadouts when I'm just going to have to micromanage each one every other time I want to play with the majority them.

Actually, come to think of it, there's no Configs for Focus Schools, you can only universally turn nodes on and off for any time you're using the school, and 99% of nodes are net positives to have equipped, so nobody's changing them. With that in mind, I'd suggest

4) Please allow Focus School to be selected from the Navigation Loadout menu independently of the Loadout selection, since there are only 5 options to pick from anyways. Could just be 5 symbols with the currently selected one indicated via a highlight and text

:zenurik::naramon: <:vazarin:> :unairu:

Selected: Vazarin                 

(Madurai not shown because it's not in the forums correctly :madurai: )

There are other issues with the loadout system too:

1. Operators amps and magus equips are not included in any loadouts
  2. Necramech and necramech weapons are not included in any loadouts
  3. heavy weapons are not included in any loadouts

Those items are all globally set and ignore any loadout changes primary or vehicle.

This would be a wonderful change, I've been wanting something like this for a long time. Allow us to attach anything and everything to a loadout, operator focus trees, operator arcanes, vehicles etc. Implement a system that allows us to effectively "lock" or "unlock" parts of a loadout, unlocked parts would not be tied to a loadout, whereas all locked elements are.

I'll add a couple more items.  First, that the contents of your gear wheel aren't part of the loadout.  It's niche, but yes, I'd like to be able to set up something like a "gonna go do Orokin vaults" loadout that has the keys equipped, while all the rest don't.  Secondly, and one of the biggest issues for me, is that loadouts are instantly altered instead of saved/loaded.  I should be able to switch to a loadout, and if need be change the frame or a weapon, but otherwise leave it alone and then the next time I pull that loadout it's back to what I expected instead of being jumbled.  Similarly, specter loadouts should be something you just select from a dedicated specter UI instead of being asked if you want them to copy what you're wearing when you cook a new batch.

9 hours ago, garbenzine said:

I'll add a couple more items.  First, that the contents of your gear wheel aren't part of the loadout.  It's niche, but yes, I'd like to be able to set up something like a "gonna go do Orokin vaults" loadout that has the keys equipped, while all the rest don't.  Secondly, and one of the biggest issues for me, is that loadouts are instantly altered instead of saved/loaded.  I should be able to switch to a loadout, and if need be change the frame or a weapon, but otherwise leave it alone and then the next time I pull that loadout it's back to what I expected instead of being jumbled.  Similarly, specter loadouts should be something you just select from a dedicated specter UI instead of being asked if you want them to copy what you're wearing when you cook a new batch.

I didn't know I wanted that option until right now.

• 3 months later...

I'm now MR 30 and even with all of the bonus slots, I still want this change/update, as I only barely have enough total slots to have even just 1 Loadout per Warframe, even after I'd already purchased as many as DE allowed me to purchase.

On 2021-05-14 at 1:15 AM, Drasiel said:

There are other issues with the loadout system too:

1. Operators amps and magus equips are not included in any loadouts
  2. Necramech and necramech weapons are not included in any loadouts
  3. heavy weapons are not included in any loadouts

Those items are all globally set and ignore any loadout changes primary or vehicle.

On 2021-05-14 at 1:55 AM, Maggy said:

This would be a wonderful change, I've been wanting something like this for a long time. Allow us to attach anything and everything to a loadout, operator focus trees, operator arcanes, vehicles etc. Implement a system that allows us to effectively "lock" or "unlock" parts of a loadout, unlocked parts would not be tied to a loadout, whereas all locked elements are.

On 2021-05-14 at 3:39 AM, garbenzine said:

jotaro-kujo-yes.gif

Yes please!

Loadouts are too all-or-nothing with what they do affect, I want them to be able to change less. But I also want them to be able to affect more things, so that you aren't running back to the Arsenal for every little change.

DE, Please, I beg you for these QoL improvements to the UI:

1) Add a universal "Current" Loadout, that is automatically overwritten by a Loadout's contents when selected.

2) Expand Loadouts to include and show the selections on the Vehicles tab of the Arsenal (Necramech + Archgun, Atmospheric Archgun, Atmospheric Archwing Selection, K-Drive), Operator stuff (Magus, Amp, and Focus School Selection), and Gear Menu (by personalized name, not a list of contents)

3) Make Archwing Loadouts also selectable from the Navigation menu, or simply allow the currently-equipped Archwing Loadout to be associated with the general Warframe Loadout, as with the items in request #2.

4) Add the option for us to remove components of the Loadouts we make, so that we can pick and choose what Arsenal slots from our current Loadout will be overridden.

5) a. Add a Config toggle to Navigation, so that players can quickly change between slots A-F on each of their given items. 
    b. Since there's only 5 options for equipped Focus Schools, it'd be convenient to have this manually toggleable here as well, so that you don't have to burn 5 Loadouts making exclusively Focus-school-composed Loadouts in order to toggle Focus school from the Navigation console's Loadout/Config menus. Instead you'd just affiliate a focus school with a specific Loadout that consistently benefits from that School, but then you could override it anyways as well, or if it was unspecified.

These would allow players to consistently tie specific tie specific things into groups that can be quickly equipped, without needing to the Arsenal to micromanage as many things, or constantly having to revise Loadouts that you only wanted to tweak for that one mission.

Examples of why this would be so nice to have:

Spoiler

This way you don't have to go to your Arsenal just to switch from Speed-Va to Slow-Va Nova, or from your Bane of Grineer to your Bane of Corpus build on your weapon. Having the Configs for ease of switching is only so useful/convenient if you're only able to switch it in the same menu that you're already in where you could manually swap around the mod(s) you want.

If I want to loot with Hydroid, Ivara, or Khora, I would only want/need to pair them with Smeeta, but it'd be dumb to have to make a looting-specific Loadout for each of them, when I could instead just select their Warframe-specific Loadouts, and replace their synergistically-appropriate companion that's tied to their Loadouts by default, by simply also selecting the Loadout composed exclusively of Smeeta afterwards.
I wouldn't want to make an Amalgam X + Y combo (Furax Wraith + a Launcher-type gun, or Daikyu + Nikana) or Single-Pistol + Glaive loadout for each Warframe I might want to play with that combo, I would only want to equip that specific combo, and keep the currently equipped Warframe and Secondary/Primary that's not related to that specific Arsenal combo.
If I was trying to power-level a newly Forma'd set of gear and only my melee weapon needed more ranks, I wouldn't want to have to go to my Arsenal to manually un-equip everything but my current Warframe, Companion, and Melee, and to switch to Naramon, I'd want to click on a "Melee Only" Loadout with "None" selections for Primary and Secondary, and Naramon selected, so that it'd simply forcibly de-quip my Primary, Secondary, and toggle the Focus School to Naramon.
If I had 1 or 2 absolute top favorite Warframes, Companions, Primaries, Secondaries, and Melees, that I consistently want to swap between (or back to after ranking MR fodder or doing a Riven challenge or something), I don't want to have to go to my Arsenal every time I want to return to my favorites, I'd love to just equip them and get back to figuring out my next mission in Navigation.

A fun bonus for having a "Current Loadout" that's merely overwritten by other player-made Loadouts, is that you could add a "Randomize Loadout" button that doesn't ruin a named/assembled Loadout. If DE had Favorites features inside of the Arsenal menus/categories as well, there could be a dedicated "Shuffle Favorites" button as well, so that you could try new combinations of things you know you already love.

You wouldn't have to deal with perpetual Gear clutter, with inconsistent but recurring things like equipping/dequipping Dragon Keys, Open World Gear, Fomorian Disruptor and Razorback Ciphers. Between the Drill, Spear, Tranq-Gun, Archwing Launcher, K-Drive Launcher, the event Disruptors and Ciphers, Eidolon Phylaxis and Catalysts, and other things I'm surely missing, the Gear wheel becomes a cluttered mess that I despise having to add and subtract and organize and reorganize, along with adding/subtracting the four Dragon keys if I'm starting or ending solo or public Vault-hunting.
Although to be honest, equipping Dragon keys in normal Gameplay is just a weird way of handicapping yourself, and I'd rather that they just remained ineffective and invisible in your Gear menu when not in the Derelicts. Riven challenges with Keys involved could just happen exclusively on the derelicts, making Riven-Cracking and Corrupted-mod-hunting a potentially time-efficient activity that brings players together (Using your key in this case better not force you to lose the Riven unlock criteria).
Come to think of it, removing any inapplicable gear for the mission you're in would be ideal. If I can't use something in a mission I'm in, I don't want to see it, personally. Maybe it could be a toggled setting. It'd sure reduce how many circles around the Gear menu I'd have to go in order to find what I want/need at that moment if I'm not in an Open World mission, for sure.
Also come to think of it, DE's missing out on a super easy integration from the Plains onto the rest of the tilesets. If a tileset has Asteroid or Outdoor components, they could have ore veins occasionally. Wouldn't wanna make it a primary way of grinding the matching resources, but it'd be nice to be able to occasionally see an ore vein you're willing to mine at that moment, even if you wouldn't have been willing to go to the Open World for it during that play session.

Archived