Can I get a quick primer (sorry) on the timeline of Primes and Vaulting?

(XBOX)Dylan OConor

Question

A google search didn't turn up the information I'm looking for, for some reason; my general question is 'how long does a prime warframe stay available before it enters the prime vault?' Basically, I've been playing Warframe for a little over a month, and as far as I can tell, I'm only short three currently available prime warframes: Octavia, Nyx, and Valkyr. I know how to get the components I'm missing - my question is more, 'how long do I have to get them?' How long does a warframe stay available, and how long has the current crop been available? Does prime availability last a month, three, ten? And where did I come in on the current crop - do I have a week to get the ones I still need? A month? A day?  (I'd ask the same question about a rewards 'season' of Nightwave - I'm about two-thirds of the way through the current Intermission - but as far as I can tell, nobody has any idea how long those last.)

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

Octavia, Nyx, and Valkyr. I know how to get the components I'm missing

Nyx and Valk are permanent in the voidstorms now
Octavia is fresh so she'll be around for a long time.

New prime frames are typically farmable for 2 years before entering the vault.

Prime Vaulting and Unvaulting happens every 3-3 1/2 months.

For nightwave its always different, but they usually give us 2 weeks notice on the next reset.

'how long does a prime warframe stay available before it enters the prime vault?' very long. Let's just put it like this: octavia prime is the latest prime we got. It can be up to two years until she enters the vault, i find it just not worth it to keep track of these information.

Instead of keeping track about the frames that are available, It's more reasonable to keep track about frames that are gone -because there are fewer of them. Right now we have chroma prime and zephyr prime on unvaulted, those are the ones you want to get a.s.a.p before they go back to the vault.

Outside the unvaulting program, wukong prime is the next one to enter the vault. 

So instead of keeping track each of the 72 warframes, you only need to remember three frames: two from unvaulting program, and one that's entering the vault next.

I'd ask the same question about a rewards 'season' of Nightwave nobody knows. We're talking about months. The only way to be updated is keep an eye on that news tab, console on your right in the orbiter. Or watch streams and follow DE's socials.

So the summation would be: newly released primes are typically available for two years or so; 'unvaulted' primes for three or four months. Currently, as of May 2021, Zephyr and Chroma are 'unvaulted', and so will be replaced relatively soon by another unvaulted pair; Wukong is the oldest 'new' prime, and will be going away almost immediately, to be followed by whichever new prime was released after him. Correct?

(Also: thank you all for the responses!)

11 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

Pretty much yes. Like as of today farming order would look like Wukong >  Chroma = Zephyr > Atlas > every other available. This include the weapon they come with as well.

And the reason Atlas would be fourth on that list is that Atlas is the oldest 'new' prime after Wukong, correct? Which means Atlas will be going into the vault at roughly the same time as whatever 'unvaulted' pair comes after Chroma/Zephyr. (Yes, we're getting to the point where I could ascertain that myself with a google search of 'release dates of Warframe primes'; now I'm just trying to add clarification for the sake of posterity, 'posterity' here meaning 'whomever stumbles across this thread doing their own google search'.)

Archived