Blessings Made Me Play Less... A Fix?

Trajectos

Before True Masters' blessings were released, I would look forward to start my morning in my favorite game - Warframe of course, with a few fissures or nightmare missions on the map.

Now? I start my morning by moving my character to Earth Strata relay to stay there for 2-3 hours until it picks up a random resource, affinity and damage blessings, which sometimes happens within 5-10 minutes, but sometimes takes hours. I just don't want to start missions knowing I would only get 75% of rewards and that a blessing might come any minute and I'd be enjoying it 100% rather than 75%. 😒

This would inevitably result in less players playing missions as they would just camp in vain in Earth Strata Relay waiting to be filled up with blessings. So it looks like a feature that was intended to make players be more active and play more in fact.... did the reverse and turned people away from the missions, and got them afk-ing Strata Relay instead.

Is there a fix? (other than removing this feature) - How about adding "blessing receptor beacon" for your character in a relay of your choice that would stay there for 3 hours and transmit to you any blessings cast within that relay, even if you're playing missions (rather than afk-ing in that relay in vain). Blessing receptor beacon could just be a 3 hour-long self-blessing obtained by just interacting with the Blessing Altar by player of any Mastery Rank (including MR 30 players too). Interacting again would work just as any blessing - refresh the duration (and anchor you to the current relay if it's a different one). Now I get back my mornings again in my favorite game without having to afk in a relay. 😁

Sounds like you should just go back to playing the way you did before. If you are changing the way you play to make it less fun for yourself then change back. After all, if you are playing that much then you are getting lots of loot anyways.

• Like 29

Or... Don't cling to this particular mechanic that much? I'm not a new player any longer, but i literally forgot blessings are a thing.

Just go play normally. You would get more resources / EXP whatever just playing normally than waiting for some MR30 to happen by. Or you could ask in region chat for someone to do it, that's what i often see people do.

• Like 13

Posted (edited)

It's just 25%

Each blessing gives 25% of the respective boost.

It doesn't need some special treatment. It's just nice when you have "little something". It's not something that you should depend on. In my opinion...

Edited by quxier
asf
  • Like 5

@Trajectos

... I completely ignore the existence of those Blessings. They're not significant enough, even if you only play for 1 hour a day, to center your playtime around those. Just do it like me, keep playing the game as if they never existed and you'll be fine.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Or you could ask in region chat for someone to do it, that's what i often see people do.

I've seen it too. I also never seen anyone responding.

Just now, Uhkretor said:

@Trajectos

... I completely ignore the existence of those Blessings. They're not significant enough, even if you only play for 1 hour a day, to center your playtime around those. Just do it like me, keep playing the game as if they never existed and you'll be fine.

But how can you ignore 25% of free resources? It's like you're just wasting 15 minutes in every hour you play for nothing.

5 minutes ago, Trajectos said:

But how can you ignore 25% of free resources?

An extra 25% is meaningless. You can compensate that through other means that the game already offers, even without boosters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trajectos said:

But how can you ignore 25% of free resources? It's like you're just wasting 15 minutes in every hour you play for nothing.

As opposed to wasting 2-3 hours of every day waiting in the relay for someone to do the blessing? Easy!

I'm MR30 myself, and I tend to forget to go into a relay and do the blessing even when I'm the one about to start farming something!

• Like 11

I can understand your point, but the only blessing I care about is the drop chance one.

Which is why I always bless it myself if nobody else does it while I'm idling on a relay!

See it was a good motivator to hit MR30 yourself, you're not that far off yourself.

There's also a discord server that sends out ping notifications whenever someone on that server is about to bless a relay.

https://discord.gg/3hHy5ygR4y

• Like 2

hace 7 minutos, Trajectos dijo:

It is 25% of chance to find more resources, it isn't going to give you 25 extra things for each 100 you've collected it isn't a resource booster it is a resource drop chance booster but worse.

The only ones that really help are the affinty and the credits ones being the affinity booster the only one that makes a real difference.

The only blessing I want and people rarely use is credit blessings. The extra credits is worth it for Profit Taker. 

If only everyone that uses a blessing wouldn't use affinity all the time. I've lurked relays for 30+ minutes sometimes and have gotten affinity blessings every 2 minutes.

41 minutes ago, Trajectos said:

What good is that pitiful amount of "free" resources when you are wasting so much of your "free time"? 

Just sitting there... waiting for pitiful buffs. I think you are overinflating the importance of these buffs in your head, in terms of how much they increase your rewards, and it is causing you to spend a disproportionate amount of time pining for them. 

My advice? Let it go. What I do is if I have reason to go to a relay anyways and I get a buff while there that's neat, otherwise they are so small they make little difference compared to other boosters and in game ability methods and stuff. 

Really, with all respect, this is a you problem, not something the developers need to fix, and you are hurting your own mental health doing it this way. Please don't do this to yourself. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Hello said:

If only everyone that uses a blessing wouldn't use affinity all the time. I've lurked relays for 30+ minutes sometimes and have gotten affinity blessings every 2 minutes.

That's why I always ask, "who wants a blessing?" before doing it. Requests pour in quickly, and usually the drop chance or credits ones

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trajectos said:

Unless you are farming specific thing then it's meaningless. I guess you don't need 25% more Rubedo but 25% more chance of getting Hexenon is something to consider.

Still, 25% is not huge amount. For common stuff you, as I said, don't really care about it. For rarer stuff you need much higher chance to get that 1 extra Scintilant (I'm not even sure if this affects it).

• Like 2

Indeed, it's like people camping all day to get one of 10 things that will be in stock on some big sale at a store that might run out before you grab one. Though I guess that's happened a lot less in the past year. I mean I get that scoring a bargain is a thing, I was brought up to look for them. But if you took a day off to be miserable to wait in line for a day being uncomfortable and having issues getting to the bathroom and such, wouldn't you have just been better off to work that day and pay the little extra?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trajectos said:

Now? I start my morning by moving my character to Earth Strata relay to stay there for 2-3 hours until it picks up a random resource, affinity and damage blessings

Woa.

I'm MR30, I can give myself the blessing and I can't always be bothered. 2-3 hours? Just wow. For the buff that isn't worth it unless you the  play for at least 4-6 hours.

Join a clan and ask nicely. I regularly buff a clanmate on request.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

To summarise responses on this thread - many responders here encourage me to just ignore a specific blessing that I currently need BECAUSE the responder admits they are not interested in that blessing THEMSELVES (though some responses were amiable in admitting this problem or expanding on how they mitigate it). It's quite expected that a player not currently farming credits would not be interested in credit blessing - e.g. myself included (outside of credit weekend) - so that blessing could be ignored, but most respondents failed to notice that this threat is about the blessings that are CURRENTLY INDIVIDUALLY RELEVANT to a given player.

So my original post stands: blessings are counterproductive as they motivate a player interested in a specific blessing to afk in Strata hoping to get it while afk there - reducing the population of players that play the actual gaming content, so it would be good to address this issue, as having fewer players playing missions is significantly detrimental to the enjoyment of an MMO for an average player. Possible ways are either leaving a personal blessing collection beacon in a relay for e.g. 3 hours, or (a worse but simpler solution) extending the blessing stacking duration from 3 hours to perhaps maybe 7 days (?) for each blessing.

16 minutes ago, Trajectos said:

blessing that I currently need

"Want". The word you're looking for is "want".

If they were to make it so that the MR30 only blesses themselves, that would also solve this "issue". You wouldn't feel a need to sit in relays for hours, and the grind would be just the same as it was before the blessings were added. Everyone's happy.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

"Want". The word you're looking for is "want". If they were to make it so that the MR30 only blesses themselves, that would also solve this "issue".

"Need" or "want" - same thing in the context of a video game, really. Clearly I don't "need" to play a video game to survive - I "need" food, shelter, healthare etc. A videogame is a luxury - something unnecessary, hence if I don't "need" the game itself - that includes EVERYTHING in the game too, blessings included. If you wanted to be philosophical about it. But - that's a diversion from the topic at hand.

Yes, self-blessing would be a way to solve it, alternatively removing the blessings altogether. In the current state - blessings create an OPPORTUNITY COST when one does not have a blessing (players not aware of economic theory may not know what it is, but it is a fundamental principle driving most people's decisions when it comes to collecting and farming resources, money, rewards - anything of value). Or just remove the blessings completely from the game would likewise remove the opportunity cost. It is the opportunity cost that drives down the numbers in missions, which in the end - is detrimental to any MMO, Waframe not being an exception.

2 minutes ago, Trajectos said:

blessings create an OPPORTUNITY COST when one does not have a blessing

Waiting in a relay for 3 hours is also a cost - comparing it to losing out on the small bunch of extra resources blessings give you is each player's individual choice.

And if you want to talk about opportunity cost, it might be worth mentioning that for the 3 hour passive wait to be worth it, you need to be playing for another 12 hours with the blessing applied (ignoring the fact that the blessings only last 3 hours) - otherwise you are losing out as a matter of simple maths. And no condescending lectures on amateur economic theory will change that!

If you feel that having those blessings is so important to you, avenues you could consider include:

• Befriend some MR30s
  • Get to MR30 yourself
  • Ask nicely in chat
  • Forget about blessings and just go buy a booster
  • Re-evaluate your priorities

What you are asking for here can be summarised as "give me stuff without me having to do anything for it!". And that's just not how life works.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Trajectos said:

"Need" or "want" - same thing in the context of a video game, really. Clearly I don't "need" to play a video game to survive - I "need" food, shelter, healthare etc. A videogame is a luxury - something unnecessary, hence if I don't "need" the game itself - that includes EVERYTHING in the game too, blessings included. If you wanted to be philosophical about it. But - that's a diversion from the topic at hand.

The blessing then becomes a luxury within a luxury, so even within in the context of a video game, you're wrong. The word you're looking for is "want".

6 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

And if you want to talk about opportunity cost, it might be worth mentioning that for the 3 hour passive wait to be worth it, you need to be playing for another 12 hours with the blessing applied (ignoring the fact that the blessings only last 3 hours) - otherwise you are losing out as a matter of simple maths. And no condescending lectures on amateur economic theory will change that!

This. Also, not playing as Nekros is an opportunity cost. Not using one the Smeeta is an opportunity cost. Not selling stuff to get plat and buying boosters is also an opportunity cost. Et cetera.

Five bucks says OP is already not doing everything in their power to minimize their opportunity cost. But a 25% increase for 3 hours? Can't live without that.

• Like 6

On 2021-05-14 at 2:17 PM, Trajectos said:

Because ultimately it won't matter. 

You will reach--and quicker than you might think-- a point where you'll have more than you know what to do with. 

Finally, if you're having fun, you're not wasting your time--at least from a game perspective. If you're not having fun, then why are you still playing? 

• Like 6

Imagine riding on others back and still crying about it. Say thanks you get the percentage instead of bragging about it. I'm not trying to be mean or something but that's how it looks alike from the side.

• Like 4