Blessings Made Me Play Less... A Fix?

Trajectos

Sorry, but hanging out in a relay for hours for a blessing is literally dumb. You would get significantly more rewards just by playing those hours you wasted sitting in a relay. You have lost way more than the 25% of those resources you would have gotten with a blessing by just hanging around. Not to mention 25% more nano spores is kind of useless, I can't even get rid of the +1 million I have. It only makes sense to seek out a blessing when you are farming something specific.  If you want reliable blessings there are two things you can do though, become MR 30, or join a clan or Alliance with a lot of MR 30s and ask if anyone has a blessing to lay down when you need/want one.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Trajectos said:

So my original post stands: blessings are counterproductive as they motivate a player interested in a specific blessing to afk in Strata hoping to get it while afk there

No. Your original post does not stand. 

You have refuted nothing at all, and you just sound whiny and entitled. 

Others have already explained why you do not need the bonus, no matter how much you think you do, and have explained with math why it isn't nearly as significant as you think. They have explained with math, why you are wasting your time waiting. 

They have explained how most players know that, and don't waste time waiting for blessings. They either think of them as a true bonus where you either just get it or you don't passing through a relay, or if they really want to optimize, they join a clan who has them on a regular schedule. This is a you problem, I have not heard of anyone else wasting their time and inefficiently afking in relays for blessings, so no, they are NOT counter-productive at all, quite the opposite. 

You want to make sure you have the ones you want, get to MR30 and earn them, they are supposed to be a bonus for MR30's who have earned it to bless players. Not something every player is entitled to have every second, and I have heard only you make this kind of big deal about them.

Edit: And seriously, need I repeat this for the I don't know how many'th time that others have already; If you really must have the bonuses, there already is a solution, and that is to join a clan that organizes them regularly. 

There is nothing to "fix". 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 7

On 2021-05-14 at 9:17 PM, Trajectos said:

But how can you ignore 25% of free resources? It's like you're just wasting 15 minutes in every hour you play for nothing.

If you're wasting 3 hours to get that, you're better off wasting 15 minutes every hour. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

• Like 7

Typical move from the community.. DE gently reaches their hands to the playerbase with a gift in hand, and certain parts of the community have nothing better to do than not only grab the hand, but the entire arm, and violently rip it out, twist it by 180° and then have the guts to make DE look like they're Satan in person.

It's really annoying. Put in work and earn your boosters like literally everyone else has done. And if you can't do that, but rather sit hours in relays twiddling your thumbs, that's a you issue. 

• Like 7

On 2021-05-14 at 11:17 AM, Trajectos said:

But how can you ignore 25% of free resources? It's like you're just wasting 15 minutes in every hour you play for nothing.

its 25% Drop Chance. Doesn't increase the amount of resources gained from a drop, only the chance that a drop will happen.

ie, its the Blue resource booster, not the Yellow one.

You can get better performance by just using Nekros, Khora, Hydroid, or Atlas looting abilities.

Also Its very easy to Ignore, because I Don't Need Resources.

Once you're high enough MR resources start to become irrelevant and just pile up endlessly because you've built everything already....

And the few resources that remain bottlenecks -Kuva- are Not affected by Drop Chance.

• Like 4

On 2021-06-04 at 8:14 AM, Trajectos said:

So my original post stands: blessings are counterproductive as they motivate a player interested in a specific blessing to afk in Strata hoping to get it while afk there

I think a good solution is just have have the AFK=no Rewards system take effect in Relays the same as it does in Missions.

So, if you AFK for more than 1 minute in the Relay, you don't get any blessing.

That would really fix the problem of people AFKing there.

Thanks for the idea OP.

• Like 7

On 05/14/21 at 4:26 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Indeed, it's like people camping all day to get one of 10 things that will be in stock on some big sale at a store that might run out before you grab one. Though I guess that's happened a lot less in the past year. I mean I get that scoring a bargain is a thing, I was brought up to look for them. But if you took a day off to be miserable to wait in line for a day being uncomfortable and having issues getting to the bathroom and such, wouldn't you have just been better off to work that day and pay the little extra?

i wasnt the only guy in modern days to b raised like that? thats a good sign..... sorta. anyway the point of blessings r more for the mr 19 or 20 pple to get off their rear and grind, i myself was mr 19 for so long i had enough affinity stored im able to go mastery rank again within 4 more mastered items, point is theyre a incentive to GET TO mr30 not much else, and ive been here since the beta, most of those who play warframe these days get lazy after hitting "the roof" of required mr which is 18 at best. 16 being the highest if u want best riv potential

• Like 1

and a friendly reminder as a guy whos been here awhile warfames like WoW, at least in most functions as U WANT SOMETHING YOU EARN IT, this game isnt pay to win. its only pay to get things early. and mr isnt one of the pay to obtain options. literally the conversation here im seeing as a old hand is "i want this and i dont want to wait or work for it" and the rest of the pple here telling the guy he needs to reevaluate their priorities. blessings r incentives, and those who r afking r obviously not serious about getting far in this game

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (NSW)covan12 said:

blessings r incentives

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the actual main purpose of the blessings is to allow MR30s to show off their fashionframe on the big statue in the middle of the relay! Sending a small booster to everyone in the relay is just a way of telling them to go look at the statue!

• Like 3

Playing Warframe just for Blessing is ridiculous. You should play for the sake of the game, not for boost on drops/credits/buffs. If any MR30 gives you a blessing, that's good you can use them for your missions. Once expired, work hard and play hard.

Come on Tenno.

• Like 5

Yet another thing the community told DE not to implement... Then they did it anyways... And now look where we are.

Players may not know exactly what they want, but DE doesn't know at all what players want.

In that 2-3 hours of waiting, you could have run some fissures to get prime parts to sell for plat, and bought boosters that double your resources or affinity. 

Or just play the game, and get those things naturally. 

As opposed to getting literally nothing done in the game because you're too entitled and lacking in self control to actually be proactive.

I've read some entitled whining about this game but this op really takes the cake. 

• Like 3

Mate if you need the damage blessing then there's some serious issues going on with your frame / weapon mod loadouts. Consider ranking up your mods to max, slap some forma on something decent, and maybe even look up some build videos. None of the buffs are worth a fart in the wind, you're just getting in the way of your own ability to enjoy the game.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I would like my blessing to affect all relays. I tend to visit only Strata since that's where I think new players will go... even when Baro comes, I figure new players will still be stuck at Strata and still bless the busiest node... but there's probably new players on other relays that would benefit!

EDIT: By the way, most blessings probably happen about when daily tribute resets. That's when I generally bless Strata! Waiting for blessings any other time would be a waste of time.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

On 2021-05-14 at 11:23 AM, Uhkretor said:

An extra 25% is meaningless. You can compensate that through other means that the game already offers, even without boosters.

This.

If you wait for an hour to get a three hour bonus of 25% your net gain in resources is negligible assuming you stop playing at the same time. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the actual main purpose of the blessings is to allow MR30s to show off their fashionframe on the big statue in the middle of the relay! Sending a small booster to everyone in the relay is just a way of telling them to go look at the statue!

Thats why i give blessings!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Blessings are cool and all however they aren't enough to motivate me to go to a relay.

I feel the intention behind them was nice but not allowing them to be used in dojo's seems wrong.

Edited by Aesthier

To sum up the discussion - good ways to fix blessings from causing an opportunity cost that causes a number of players to play less while they ninja-wait for a random blessing to happen in a relay:

1. Make blessings self-only.
  2. Reverse cooldown and blessing duration (3 hr cooldown and 23 hr duration), and/or make blessings stackable for up to 3 days.

2. Would address the issue of showing fashion frame suggested by some posters. Note however that if you think everyone will see your pretty fashion frame - I often just see a picture of Excalibur when a blessing is made, so this feature is still not properly implemented.

On 2021-05-14 at 1:17 PM, Trajectos said:

Here is why all of the blessings are super easy to ignore:
You spend 1 hour sitting there to get 25% extra credits 25% extra affinity, and 25% extra chance of a resource drop.  Then you run 3 hours worth of missions (and mind you, you don't get the full 3 hours of all the buffs unless they all happened at the same time)
Meanwhile I spend that 1 hour running missions and getting way more than a measely 25% extra rewards as I am killing way more than 25% extra enemies.

You wasting time sitting there and twiddling your thumbs as you hope and pray and beg for blessings means you get less than the people who actually go out and do the missions instead without caring about the boosts.

On 2021-06-04 at 10:14 AM, Trajectos said:

So my original post stands: blessings are counterproductive as they motivate a player interested in a specific blessing to afk in Strata hoping to get it while afk there - reducing the population of players that play the actual gaming content, so it would be good to address this issue

Except your original post does not stand at all.
You have not refuted any points made by any of the posters.

So how about you start?
How about you explain how sitting in the relay for hours instead of actually, you know, playing the game for the same amount of time  means you come out ahead?  All you're doing is wasting your time twiddling your thumbs.

If you actually just played the game you would find that you get tons more resources, credits, and affinity by actually playing the missions than you do sitting there praying for a blessing then doing the missions.

On 2021-06-04 at 10:53 AM, Trajectos said:

In the current state - blessings create an OPPORTUNITY COST when one does not have a blessing (players not aware of economic theory may not know what it is, but it is a fundamental principle driving most people's decisions when it comes to collecting and farming resources, money, rewards - anything of value). 

Yes its an opportunity cost.
The problem is that you are seeing it completely backwards.

You are wasting far more time and effort sitting in the relays for hours (as you've admitted to doing) praying for blessings to happen when instead you could just run the missions and get better returns for the time invested as you can run missions fast enough that the extra 25% is completely pointless.

Further there are warframe abilities which further push your tactic of "sit in relay for hours and pray and beg for the blessing I want" into a massive pit of "This costs way more time and effort to do this instead of slapping on Nekros".

Sure you could sit in the relay for 5 hours praying for a resource booster.....or you could play Nekros, or you could play Khora with Pilfering Strangledome, or you could play a Pilfering Hydroid, or you could play an ore gaze atlas.  Every one of those options would vastly outdo your tactic of sitting in a relay for hours up on hours in terms of resources gained per time spent.

If you want credits there is even Chroma which does the same as the above frames do for resources.

Here's the thing: You are spending a crap ton of time and effort for something that isn't as efficient as actually running the missions.
Sure there's an opportunity cost to doing the missions with the booster vs without; but one thing you are skipping on entirely: The time sink.  When you factor that in it is much faster to actually just play the game then spending hours upon hours upon hours upon hours waiting for the right boosters to line up.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Trajectos said:

To sum up the discussion - good ways to fix blessings from causing an opportunity cost that causes a number of players to play less while they ninja-wait for a random blessing to happen in a relay:

1. Make blessings self-only.
  2. Reverse cooldown and blessing duration (3 hr cooldown and 23 hr duration), and/or make blessings stackable for up to 3 days.

2. Would address the issue of showing fashion frame suggested by some posters. Note however that if you think everyone will see your pretty fashion frame - I often just see a picture of Excalibur when a blessing is made, so this feature is still not properly implemented.

Better summary:

1. Blessings are fine, they are doing what they were designed to do: letting MR30s show off a bit. If the statue is bugged for some players - maybe look into that.
  2. If you ever even consider spending 3 hours waiting in a relay in case someone blesses it - you need to:
    1. Do the math and see how inefficient that is
    2. Re-evaluate your priorities
  3. Before you use the term "opportunity cost", figure out what it means and how it is calculated in the situation you're discussing. Otherwise you will end up sounding silly.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Trajectos said:

To sum up the discussion - no need to fix blessings for the sake of a minute number of players who choose to play less while they ninja-wait for a random blessing to happen in a relay.

1. There's no opportunity cost as those few individuals lose the same amount of potential resources, if not more, by sitting around as they would get if they just played the game.
  2. The only actual fix that should be implemented and is not just asked for out of greed is the fashion not showing for everyone.

2. Would address the issue of showing fashion frame suggested by some posters, as I often just see a picture of Excalibur when a blessing is made, so this feature is still not properly implemented.

Fixed to accurately sum up the discussion.

• Like 2