Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox got nerfed

Refson

Question

Now I don't know what happened but with the build I was running with I used to nuke every thing now I don't. Any ideas on how I could increase my damage; I'm using a max range and duration/efficiency setup. 

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'm a bit confused, you keep bringing up Strength, yet also already acknowledged
how all it gives you (for Maim) is some more damage on the initial Slash proc,
which won't kill anything after a certain (early) point in enemy levels, and certainly not on the Steel Path.

He's not on Steel Path but you're right to be confused. At his level what it will give him is that initial damage to nuke low levels with him maim after just a few kills but yes I agree entirely that in Steel Path you don't need it. As I mentioned earlier I think his main issue is that he's not either dealing enough damage with his weapons or he's vsing enemies that have too little health to charge maim well.

9 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yeah I only had 40% strength back in the day range and duration for Adaro, I had finished all my focus schools before SO/ESO were even thought of, :( players have it easy nowadays to focus farm. 

I haven't tried my other configs in SP I'm too scared even though they're at 165% and 225% strength. 😱

Trust me, mod a kronen or similar high dmg melee for pure toxin, then take equinox to corpus. They get nuked so hard.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Trust me, mod a kronen or similar high dmg melee for pure toxin, then take equinox to corpus. They get nuked so hard.

I do run toxin slash on my melee weapons in SP, I just use it everywhere cbb to change configs, it's funny to watch the corpus try and save themselves with over shields but too late ya dead.

I used a Kronen Prime and my trusty Lesion throughout steel path first time through doing the SP starchart, but now use my Scindo Prime more it's fun when it hits a whole room with a range of 7.89

34 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yeah I only had 40% strength back in the day range and duration for Adaro, I had finished all my focus schools before SO/ESO were even thought of, :( players have it easy nowadays to focus farm. 

I haven't tried my other configs in SP I'm too scared even though they're at 165% and 225% strength. 😱

Haven't used Equinox Prime in over a year just took it through into the SP alert in Kuva Fortress, think the enemies were around level 138, it was interesting went better than I thought.

Here's the build, didn't bother changing anything, still the same from over a year ago. lol

08AB944BD195DF3A1B8E28D7B6350B809E23CF61

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Okay, this piqued my interest.  I know that Atlas' Landslide is affected by your melee weapon's mods, so that might explain why a Dragon Key gimps it.  But aren't Excal's Radial Javelin and Ash's Shuriken just flat damage scaled by Ability Strength?  Why are they affected?  Is there a rule to the madness, or is each ability affected differently by the key?

If you think that's weird, the first part of Oberon's Smite is unaffected but the projectiles that are made after are affected.

11 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That's really low damage. Your build isn't great, while you don't need much power strength, you do at least need some for the initial slash damage. Your maim boost will also be altered by how much health the enemy has.

I normally release my 4 after killing two heavily armored targets such as heavy gunners or bombards. Should I rather kill a whole squad of enemies to nuke the surroundings then? 

4 minutes ago, Refson said:

I normally release my 4 after killing two heavily armored targets such as heavy gunners or bombards. Should I rather kill a whole squad of enemies to nuke the surroundings then? 

You should kill enough to get your damage up, 200K is very low. You need to mod your build to at least include Intensify and then you need to hit the enemies with the highest health pool or multiple enemies. Just keep in mind that your maim average damage increase will scale with how much health the enemies have ie it will be better against higher level enemies. Against low level enemies you should kill a group with say a melee and that should charge it enough.

7 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You should kill enough to get your damage up, 200K is very low. You need to mod your build to at least include Intensify and then you need to hit the enemies with the highest health pool or multiple enemies. Just keep in mind that your maim average damage increase will scale with how much health the enemies have ie it will be better against higher level enemies. Against low level enemies you should kill a group with say a melee and that should charge it enough.

thanks I will try your idea out on my build. maybe the reason I was doing less damage was because I have 40% strength 

40 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You need to mod your build to at least include Intensify

I'm a bit confused, you keep bringing up Strength, yet also already acknowledged
how all it gives you (for Maim) is some more damage on the initial Slash proc,
which won't kill anything after a certain (early) point in enemy levels, and certainly not on the Steel Path.

38 minutes ago, Refson said:

maybe the reason I was doing less damage was because I have 40% strength 

Neither the storing-up-damage nor the "unleash" nuke part care about your Strength at all.

(Mind, I'm not saying Strength is useless on Equinox, I do enjoy her Augment'd 3, in either form, with a decent bit of Strength.)

8 hours ago, Refson said:

thanks I will try your idea out on my build. maybe the reason I was doing less damage was because I have 40% strength 

so after a bit of testing with level 105 corrupted heavy gunners I have found the I need to do a bit more than 2 million damage or about 37 enemies with the intensify mod on ( the regular one ) . could I have better results If I put the umbra intensify on ?

9 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Damn lunatic...

There used to be a bug for high level content where using Trinity's well of life snap shotted their health and a percentage of it was gained by maim. When enemies at later levels have hundreds of millions of health you can imagine how big the maim damage was lol. 

For Adaro lol you don't need any power strength just range, duration and the augment. Although thanks to Helminth I now have rest on Loki and use him instead. 

But yeh, remove your power strength down to say 140 or so. Add more range to hit more when you release maim and then add efficiency or some survival and your build will be better for it and have increased DPS with the greater range.

Just now, Refson said:

so after a bit of testing with level 105 corrupted heavy gunners I have found the I need to do a bit more than 2 million damage or about 37 enemies with the intensify mod on ( the regular one ) . could I have better results If I put the umbra intensify on ?

No it shouldn't alter it, you need to do more damage with your weapon instead.

7 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No it shouldn't alter it, you need to do more damage with your weapon instead.

thanks for the advice. I am pretty sure that the build I am using on my kronen prime can do the job, I mean it's not very meta but I don't really have all the mods to make it meta 

2 minutes ago, Refson said:

thanks for the advice. I am pretty sure that the build I am using on my kronen prime can do the job, I mean it's not very meta but I don't really have all the mods to make it meta 

What's your kronen build? Don't need too much to make kronen work really well for it.

12 minutes ago, Refson said:

it's ok but I see people replace virulent scourge for primed fever strike

No don't use Primed Fever Strike, you want to stay with 60% elementals. The main mod you're missing from that is Weeping Wounds and assuming you're using Naramon focus for the combo it's not too bad. I would also remove volcanic edge and either add more crit damage or range, depending on how you want to play. Lastly change to using virulent scourge and vicious frost at rank zero. Sounds crazy I know but you want slash procs to proc more often than viral. All you want from viral is the multiplicative factor for your bleed ticks so that each DoT from slash causing bleed is a higher value. 

9 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No don't use Primed Fever Strike, you want to stay with 60% elementals. The main mod you're missing from that is Weeping Wounds and assuming you're using Naramon focus for the combo it's not too bad. I would also remove volcanic edge and either add more crit damage or range, depending on how you want to play. Lastly change to using virulent scourge and vicious frost at rank zero. Sounds crazy I know but you want slash procs to proc more often than viral. All you want from viral is the multiplicative factor for your bleed ticks so that each DoT from slash causing bleed is a higher value. 

thanks

10 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

should I use this for high level content because I don't feel like it performs better on level 30-40

On 2021-05-15 at 12:07 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

wtf? You drunk?

On 2021-05-15 at 11:46 AM, Soy77 said:

I'm just trying to demonstrate how unhelpful leaving a comment without further explanation

Maybe don't take two contradicting lines from my post out of context and edit them together...

You remind me of that recent the voice episode where kelly hilariously edit a bunch of gwen videos and make her say "don't choose blake".

15 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

No you're wrong.[...] I'm not actually saying that you're wrong

wtf? You drunk?

as to anyone else replying I am wrong: Maybe it was changed or you do sth wrong but when I opened Rivens requiring to defend a Defense Objective without damage with an Extinguished Dragon I used my abilities everytime to still do massive damage while my weapons were literally sh1t.

I can also equip an extinguihsed Dragon Key and nuke my way through Exterminations with my Limbo. So yeah. Idk what you want from me. Tested it even right now and they always take the same damage

First quick, silly question, you sure you don't have an extinguished Dragon Key Equipped? 

If not, next question, how long has it been since you played, and what Equinox nerfs are you talking about? 

If you didn't just do a silly and leave a dragon key equipped, and it has been a while since you played, post your full build so equinox players can help you better. 

Archived