Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Forma - Universal Polarity Forma for the Exilus Slot

16Bitman

I would love for the A B C mod tabs to work separately similar to the helmint abilities. so when placing a forma the window asked which tabs the forma would be applied.
this would make me buy more tabs for the same frame. I think universal slots makes the forma function unnecessary.

i've always rooted for a universal forma PERIOD, but i'll take this one, for now. yes to universal exilus forma, it's so #*!%ing annoying because if you forma your slot, most of the time, you're gonna be locked on ONE specific mod, or mod polarity, and no other variation. you're DONE. 

On 2022-01-01 at 11:13 PM, Voltage said:

The amount of damage it gives is irrelevant. The intention of Exilus mods was for QoL mods. Once you add mods like Power Drift and Vigilante Supplies into the mix, real QoL mods like Hush, Trick Mag, etc becomes almost impossible to justify outside niche use-cases. 

The Amount of damage it gives is irrelevant??? So you'd use a set mod, that gives  at max rank the equivalent of rank 0 Hush silence effect and has a set bonus that effectively increases only +0.01% damage instead of an actual Hush that actually makes it so enemies can't hear you? 

wow okay xd

Vigilante Supplies is definetly not an "effective damage mod" if anything it's an ineffective one. 

BUT MAINLY:

Besides my point was that the mod doesn't give you that damage, the set does, The mod is equivalent to ammo mutation, hence if Vigilante Supplies is not an exilus, then All ammo mutations should not be exilus mods? Is that what you're saying? If it is then I have no more arguments for you, but I myself see it only as QoL, as I could achieve the same with gear or just being more attentive and picking up more ammo, looting etc

On 2022-01-02 at 11:43 PM, mikakor said:

i've always rooted for a universal forma PERIOD, but i'll take this one, for now. yes to universal exilus forma, it's so #*!%ing annoying because if you forma your slot, most of the time, you're gonna be locked on ONE specific mod, or mod polarity, and no other variation. you're DONE. 

Sounds to me like you need to get more mods xd there are Mainly 3 polarities, I think 5 where warframes are considered

And over a thousand mods in general. And your locked on one??

I think I have about 75-90% mods, haven't counted the ones I do have but I have counted that I have 250 mods missing. 

I reckon there are atleaat 100 mods per one set of class and and polarity

On 2022-01-02 at 7:14 PM, Famecans said:

I would love for the A B C mod tabs to work separately similar to the helmint abilities. so when placing a forma the window asked which tabs the forma would be applied.
this would make me buy more tabs for the same frame. I think universal slots makes the forma function unnecessary.

I would hate that. That would make thinking even less relevant in the game. Right now you have to actually think and problemsolve to get a solution you want. (Atleast somewhat) Where's the fun of just being a god without any effort or thought? I want to earn my godship, I don't want MR 9 running SP, cause they got their 3 or 4 universal formas, probably for play and wasted them and then realised they need mods so buy the meta mods and still can be gods, even though they do everything wrong. 

7 hours ago, (PSN)haleprof said:

Sounds to me like you need to get more mods xd there are Mainly 3 polarities, I think 5 where warframes are considered

And over a thousand mods in general. And your locked on one??

I think I have about 75-90% mods, haven't counted the ones I do have but I have counted that I have 250 mods missing. 

I reckon there are atleaat 100 mods per one set of class and and polarity

i was talking for the exilus forma. most of the time, when you put a polarity on a forma, you are VERY RARELY gonna put something that isn't that polarity on that slot, unless you overforma our warframe. 

• 8 months later...

I gotta say, id much like a universal forma to be a thing. Exilus sure, but a universal one for any slot would be great. Look i know the whole "you have to think about what you put in there" is a whole discussion but why? Who wants to go buy slots for additional copies of the same frame? We already need like 50 slots +extras if you want all the frames excluding primes, and 3-5 forma for almost all of em if you want to maximise your builds. Assuming you get one built per day thats already 250 days youre waiting for forma without buying some. On top of which you still needa forma weapons and more. Nobody has time and most dont have money for the investment itd take to polarise multiple copies of the same frame up when you have to re level it each time. 

Also discounting that, how often do you swap your builds up to test stuff. If youre experimental like I am itd be after every mission till i was happy, but cant do that in game without formaing which severely limits your fun of trying new builds. So no, i dont believe limiting polarities is any sort of good idea and was purely done in a time and place that we've grown past because when it was put in was when people just slapped rainbow builds on everything

Archived