Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapons

Okamibanshu88

So, with the addition of a magic girl warframe, is it not time my friends, to start breaking the mold of our typical weapons as well? so here's my proposal!

Magic Weapons:

Staff: Primary slot weapon that fires X element from the gem on top of the staff. the staff would be built and depending on what type of gem you use (material whatever) changes the element. so you'd build it in the foundry like normal, however you'd have to pick the elemental gem, treat it like a barrel piece if you will. The staff will fire in 4 different ways depending on the element. Fire based will plant the staff and fire fireballs from the top of the staff while staying stationary, moving while firing does less damage, but fires quicker, standing still does more damage but fires slower (as shown by size of the fireball) icicles. Swing the staff in  front of you creating a series of icicles. Holding the button charges up the ability to fire out a fan of them, targeting the nearest target. if the target dies, the icicles will continue to the dead enemy (single target lock on) lightning will fire by holding the staff forward and will create a chain attack, latching onto an enemy and connecting to up to 10 enemies at a time, this will drain more 'mana' (ammo) in the staff. if simply pressed instead of held, it will fire an electrical ball of energy that will act as a temporary lightning aoe in the shape of a large orb that electrocutes anything in its radious. Lastly poison. the staff will be swung in wide archs sending out archs of blades (think wind blades) and will explode (no damage) in an aoe cloud of poison upon hitting an enemy or surface. Holding down the button will yield a large explosion of poison around the staff itself. I used the different elements to describe different attack patterns, but it comes down to hold and press basically. Just to add a verity to the attacks to change the norm. Alternatively, there could be a toggle option when wielding the staff itself?

Wand: Secondary: Fires elemental projectiles at enemies ranging from snow ball like projectiles, to small fire arrows, to a lightning whip.

Sword: melee (duh :D) A weapon forged from pure mana (basically picture light-saber but more magically :P) that embodies the essence of the elements of nature. I picture this one being a great release with the magical girl, though the staff would be good too. Instead of a whoosh like a saber, i imagine it just sort of, sucking in energy from around the air and just BURSTING into existence when you draw the weapon. would be a kinda cool animation ^_^ Picture the shattering of Gara's class, but in reverse.

Just a couple of rough idea's, just would love to see some more variety of weapons.

On 2021-05-14 at 9:05 PM, Okamibanshu88 said:

So, with the addition of a magic girl warframe, is it not time my friends, to start breaking the mold of our typical weapons as well? so here's my proposal!

Magic Weapons:

Staff: Primary slot weapon that fires X element from the gem on top of the staff. the staff would be built and depending on what type of gem you use (material whatever) changes the element. so you'd build it in the foundry like normal, however you'd have to pick the elemental gem, treat it like a barrel piece if you will. The staff will fire in 4 different ways depending on the element. Fire based will plant the staff and fire fireballs from the top of the staff while staying stationary, moving while firing does less damage, but fires quicker, standing still does more damage but fires slower (as shown by size of the fireball) icicles. Swing the staff in  front of you creating a series of icicles. Holding the button charges up the ability to fire out a fan of them, targeting the nearest target. if the target dies, the icicles will continue to the dead enemy (single target lock on) lightning will fire by holding the staff forward and will create a chain attack, latching onto an enemy and connecting to up to 10 enemies at a time, this will drain more 'mana' (ammo) in the staff. if simply pressed instead of held, it will fire an electrical ball of energy that will act as a temporary lightning aoe in the shape of a large orb that electrocutes anything in its radious. Lastly poison. the staff will be swung in wide archs sending out archs of blades (think wind blades) and will explode (no damage) in an aoe cloud of poison upon hitting an enemy or surface. Holding down the button will yield a large explosion of poison around the staff itself. I used the different elements to describe different attack patterns, but it comes down to hold and press basically. Just to add a verity to the attacks to change the norm. Alternatively, there could be a toggle option when wielding the staff itself?

Wand: Secondary: Fires elemental projectiles at enemies ranging from snow ball like projectiles, to small fire arrows, to a lightning whip.

Sword: melee (duh :D) A weapon forged from pure mana (basically picture light-saber but more magically :P) that embodies the essence of the elements of nature. I picture this one being a great release with the magical girl, though the staff would be good too. Instead of a whoosh like a saber, i imagine it just sort of, sucking in energy from around the air and just BURSTING into existence when you draw the weapon. would be a kinda cool animation ^_^ Picture the shattering of Gara's class, but in reverse.

Just a couple of rough idea's, just would love to see some more variety of weapons.

This is space opera, not fantasy. Know your genre!

On 2021-05-16 at 6:29 AM, Brinstar7777 said:

This is space opera, not fantasy. Know your genre!

ah, so then are you going to tell DE to remove the ne wmagical girl warframe coming? Because they themselves called it a magical girl, and its part of a magical girl warframe series. Also, SO far away from space opera >_>

29 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

ah, so then are you going to tell DE to remove the ne wmagical girl warframe coming? Because they themselves called it a magical girl, and its part of a magical girl warframe series. Also, SO far away from space opera >_>

That's different. Plenty of warframes have abilities that can only be described as magical. Yet how many magical weapons have DE pumped out? Other than Amps, I don't really see any weapons that look ANYTHING like the weapons your describing here.

The only forseeable way your idea could work is if your staff was powered by void energy. I cannot see any other way this thing could be incorporated into the game without completely wrecking everything we know about how the warframe universe works.

On 2021-05-17 at 3:52 PM, Brinstar7777 said:

That's different. Plenty of warframes have abilities that can only be described as magical. Yet how many magical weapons have DE pumped out? Other than Amps, I don't really see any weapons that look ANYTHING like the weapons your describing here.

The only forseeable way your idea could work is if your staff was powered by void energy. I cannot see any other way this thing could be incorporated into the game without completely wrecking everything we know about how the warframe universe works.

i was literally picturing them being HER weapon so they'd work on the same principle as her powers, that's the whole point behind it. isn't that the theory behind all warframe launch weapons?

15 hours ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

i was literally picturing them being HER weapon so they'd work on the same principle as her powers, that's the whole point behind it. isn't that the theory behind all warframe launch weapons?

Well, hate to break it to you, but your Idea doesn't really fit with the themes in warframe.

On 2021-05-17 at 9:52 PM, Brinstar7777 said:

Other than Amps, I don't really see any weapons that look ANYTHING like the weapons your describing here.

Why not re-frame these as Amp alternatives, then?

Spoilers need cool stuff too!

7 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Maybe, but again, you're kinda pushing the limits of Warframe's lore with that. It could work if you called it a Void Blaster and had it fire void energy.

your so focused on 'not breaking the theme' but why? I mean, void energy is how all the warframes work basically, and they get elementilized through that. Its not hard to put them in the game. Besides, the firing mechanism is the main difference in these. There are already 'staff's that are in teh game, like T'leacs staff weapon from stargate. The only real difference is the way they fire. Hell, half my weapons can be explained with current weapons in the game already, just a different format to fit a themed warframe. I still stand by the 'fireball' being added as an alt fire to the Ignis T_T i just wanna fire giant napalm's that leave damaging aoes!!!! but thats a whole other point :D

Archived