Jump to content

Give Zephyr some mobility. Her 1 is too awkward.


parttimeparty

Recommended Posts

Thats what one of the new augments should of done. Speed up her hover.

God forbid you run into a wall when air dashing. 

All of her other changes have been good though.

Edited for correct gender specifics. Even though Zephyr feels kind of non-binary to me.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

Thats what one of the new augments should of done. Speed up his hover.

God forbid you run into a wall when air dashing. 

All of his other changes have been good though.

 

 

Zephyr is a she.

 

Zephyr seems pretty solid since the rework.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

Stop focusing on the misgender and focus on the topic hand. I swear this place...

Totally agree.  These petty obsessions with minutiae will be the death of the forums.

 

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

Augment's fine. DE just need to weak it's number to match zephy's walking speed.

"needs", "tweak", "its".
 

Spoiler


Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

Stop focusing on the misgender and focus on the topic hand. I swear this place...

That's honestly more important to me than the focus of the topic. 

 

I've noticed that when people don't apologize when corrected about this stuff or consider the issue petty, in a video game or no, they tend to not care about misgendering real people who will actually suffer from the behavior. It's not always the case, but it's a problematic pattern that can easily be fixed if people are expected to correct the misgendering enough times, (again, irl or even in something as silly as a video game.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While Zephyr's rework did significantly improve her, I agree it did very little for her 1. I would probably not want an augment to be the fix to an otherwise clunky and highly situational ability, but I'd certainly like Tail Wind to be made a lot more maneuverable as a baseline, so that she may fly freely even in regular tilesets. Off the top of my head, stuff that would improve the base ability:

  • Have the ability provide a burst of momentum in the target direction without locking Zephyr's actions, letting her move freely.
  • Remove the Tail Wind/Dive Bomb separation, and instead have Zephyr generate an explosion the moment she collides with terrain.
  • As an alternative to the above, a potentially more radical change could be to make the ability a channel, where as long as the ability button is held, Zephyr pushes herself in the target direction, creating an explosion on collision with terrain. Tapping could instead toggle Zephyr's passive to let her hover in place instead of floating down.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

That's honestly more important to me than the focus of the topic. 

Ah yes, lets make ideololo wars on a topic that you don't care much about.

Please stop. It's a forum about a space ninja gundam suits. Not about space ninja gundam suit genders.

 

About Zephyr. Yeah. He's  kind of low on mobility. It'd be fun if he could have some short free-flight & gliding ability of sorts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

That's honestly more important to me than the focus of the topic.

Its not, who gives a damn what you call a giant bionanomachine mech

Tho i dont get how OP thinks Zephyr is low on mobility when she has a speed augment, infinite double jumps and tailwind now has a reliable momentum cancel after confirm impacting the wall (with the delay being minimal simply to not accidentally cancel when the aoe or mesh slightly touches something in the environment without actually stopping her, still able to be wall latch and tap roll ended/countered).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, (NSW)Dangruff said:

Stop focusing on the misgender and focus on the topic hand. I swear this place...

I'm just having a laugh, chill. I swear, this place :clem:

I also never really think about when one frame has a single garbage ability. Zephyr's 1 is trash for me, I never want to hover, and using it to soar down a hall just has me run into something.

I still use the rest of her abilities fairly regularly, which is more than I can say for one of my fav frames, Frost, but let's not open that can of worms, shall we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

I also never really think about when one frame has a single garbage ability. Zephyr's 1 is trash for me,

[DE]Scott said on stream that if a frame has two bad abilities, he thinks it's "in a good place" and won't consider it for a rework, so you've got the right kind of thinking.

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

"needs"

"DE" can be considered a collective noun and can therefore take a plural verb conjugation, especially in British English. Thus, the original word "need" is acceptable.

Regards,
Your friendly neighbourhood pedant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GrayArchon said:

[DE]Scott said on stream that if a frame has two bad abilities, he thinks it's "in a good place" and won't consider it for a rework, so you've got the right kind of thinking.

then banshee is in luck, she should be getting a rework anyday now ? all of her abilities are situational and the only 2 she uses conflict with eachother

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Its not, who gives a damn what you call a giant bionanomachine mech

I think I explained in my last post why it matters, but we will have to agree to disagree with the caveat that I am going to correct misgendering when I see it. If that hurts you in some way, sorry, them's the breaks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I think I explained in my last post why it matters, but we will have to agree to disagree with the caveat that I am going to correct misgendering when I see it. If that hurts you in some way, sorry, them's the breaks.

You know, it’s kinda funny how some people state “no one cares about the biomechanical warmachine’s gender!” but then contrast that to: speculation on Prime releases based on release order and gender, new Warframes (esp with similarly themed/looking Warframes i.e. “Hildryn is just female Rhino”), and I won’t even start with the whole waifus and husbandos crowd.

But to stay a little bit on the other side of the topic, I guess Zephyr could still use some tweaks on her 1 to feel more fluent and easy to use in its regular dash form. I recall it used to be cancellable by sliding but was changed for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Tho i dont get how OP thinks Zephyr is low on mobility when she has a speed augment, infinite double jumps and tailwind now has a reliable momentum cancel after confirm impacting the wall (with the delay being minimal simply to not accidentally cancel when the aoe or mesh slightly touches something in the environment without actually stopping her, still able to be wall latch and tap roll ended/countered).

Infinite double jumps where? Tailwind doesn't reset her jumps, nor do any of her other abilities to my testing.
But you miss the point. OP is asking for a faster hover, not claiming Zephyr is low on mobility. Tailwind also still has the issue of its momentum cancel on hitting a wall having a fairly restrictive angle for activating.

 

23 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

Thats what one of the new augments should of done. Speed up his hover.

Movement speed (not sprint speed or parkour velocity) buffs affect the speed of the hover. So stuff like Dispatch Overdrive, Jet Stream, and Molt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Infinite double jumps where? Tailwind doesn't reset her jumps, nor do any of her other abilities to my testing.
But you miss the point. OP is asking for a faster hover, not claiming Zephyr is low on mobility. Tailwind also still has the issue of its momentum cancel on hitting a wall having a fairly restrictive angle for activating,

My wrong yus, it resets the aim glide.

And the wall impact cancel having a angle dependency is so that it doesnt cancel itself on barrels and random pipes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-05-15 at 6:07 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Infinite double jumps where? Tailwind doesn't reset her jumps, nor do any of her other abilities to my testing.
But you miss the point. OP is asking for a faster hover, not claiming Zephyr is low on mobility. Tailwind also still has the issue of its momentum cancel on hitting a wall having a fairly restrictive angle for activating.

 

Movement speed (not sprint speed or parkour velocity) buffs affect the speed of the hover. So stuff like Dispatch Overdrive, Jet Stream, and Molt.

Thanks for saying what I was trying to say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...