Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omni mote...

xZeromusx

This augment is so QoL focused that it's almost useless.

So, when I watched the dev stream of Reb displaying the new augment for Wisp, I was really excited. In a game where Interception missions have 4 towers to defend and a Defense mission that jerks you around to 4 different locations randomly in Uranus (huehuehue), I was thrilled at the idea that this augment would provide a mote that would only count as a SINGLE mote at the cost of a higher energy expenditure, as it was seen in the dev stream.

Instead, the augment released in the form it is now, where the Omni mote counts as three motes. It felt sooooo disappointing. I know it's nice to be able to place a single mote and get all three buffs, and it's even better energy efficiency that way, and can make missions where there's a lot of movement or race to the finish line easier for her. But even in Survival missions, we normally just laid all the motes down in a couple locations in major rooms. And in race to the finish, the only mote that generally matters much is Haste Mote cause we gotta go fast. But in the missions where that ability to put out more than just 2 omni motes would have been awesome, to see that this aspect that we saw earlier got removed was kind of crushing. Like, I even formaed her ahead of time in excitement of being able to put all my buffs at all interception points and no longer get annoyed while playing that annoying Stephano map.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

it cost 200% more then a single mote, meaning it the same energy cost as 3 motes

So I am slightly mistaken. It is essentially entirely QoL focused for people who can't press a few more buttons.

17 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Yep.

It is complete garbage.

It's absolutely not garbage. If you're running Energy Conversion + Empower + Growing Power setups, it significantly reduces setup times for motes, making those builds way more reasonable to actually practically use.

10 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

It's absolutely not garbage. If you're running Energy Conversion + Empower + Growing Power setups, it significantly reduces setup times for motes, making those builds way more reasonable to actually practically use.

Yeah... hard disagree dude.

It absolutely isnt worth the mod space to save a couple of seconds. Nothing in warframe requires such meta second-saving strats. It is a dog-crap mod.

4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah... hard disagree dude.

It absolutely isnt worth the mod space to save a couple of seconds. Nothing in warframe requires such meta second-saving strats. It is a dog-crap mod.

It's an exilus mod. Anything you put there is going to have a fairly minor impact unless you want to put in PSF, which this pretty evenly compares with if you're moving around a lot. It's niche, as it's really only good for one build, but it's a godsend for that build.

23 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

It's an exilus mod. Anything you put there is going to have a fairly minor impact unless you want to put in PSF, which this pretty evenly compares with if you're moving around a lot. It's niche, as it's really only good for one build, but it's a godsend for that build.

Why Energy Conversion and not something like Blind Rage? Same mod capacity consumption when formaed, and yeah, you lose efficiency yet gain more strength, and set up for motes is a low up front cost to begin with. So, I still don't see the use.

And yeah, Primed Sure Footed is pretty much everyone's go to for their Exilus mod slot, once they get it. So, an exilus mod is going to need to compete with Primed Sure Footed. Just being a lower mod capacity cost isn't enough. At least with some of the Drift Mods, you're usually using them for their ability modifiers. Even Mesa's Waltz at least brings something tactically advantageous to the table to make it worth even squeezing it into a main body mod slot so you can still use Primed Sure Footed. And many of the newer Exilus mods at least add strength like Power Drift, but with a lower capacity cost, making them good alternatives to min/max with the exact same polarity as Power Drift.

This is just pretty much pure QoL. Even with Energy Conversion, it's not like there aren't tons of sources for energy drops. Hek, Wisp is one of a handful of Frames that make Sentinel usage, and particularly Dethcube usage viable, since they get your mote buffs and won't die from a stray sneeze. And Sentinels, particularly with their new gun, are one of the best means of triggering Growing Power. That opens up Energy Generator usage which is particularly potent when paired with the Shock Mote on the Sentinel. So, it's not like there's a drought of energy drops.

Just now, xZeromusx said:

Why Energy Conversion and not something like Blind Rage? Same mod capacity consumption when formaed, and yeah, you lose efficiency yet gain more strength, and set up for motes is a low up front cost to begin with. So, I still don't see the use.

Because you can run both, along with some other strength mods, for a comically high set of buffs?

2 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

And yeah, Primed Sure Footed is pretty much everyone's go to for their Exilus mod slot, once they get it. So, an exilus mod is going to need to compete with Primed Sure Footed. It's Just being a lower mod capacity cost isn't enough. At least with some of the Drift Mods, you're usually using them for their ability modifiers. Even Mesa's Waltz at least brings something tactically advantageous to the table to make it worth even squeezing it into a main body mod slot so you can still use Primed Sure Footed. And many of the newer Exilus mods at least add strength like Power Drift, but with a lower capacity cost, making them good alternatives to min/max with the exact same polarity as Power Drift.

This is just pretty much pure QoL. Even with Energy Conversion, it's not like there aren't tons of sources for energy drops. Hek, Wisp is one of a handful of Frames that make Sentinel usage, and particularly Dethcube usage viable, since they get your mote buffs and won't die from a stray sneeze. That opens up Energy Generator usage. So, it's not like there's a drought of energy drops.

Fused Reservoir technically increases casting speed and reduces casting cost. That alone is valuable, and it's positive interaction with conditional strength modifiers is only icing on the cake.

11 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

Because you can run both, along with some other strength mods, for a comically high set of buffs?

Fused Reservoir technically increases casting speed and reduces casting cost. That alone is valuable, and it's positive interaction with conditional strength modifiers is only icing on the cake.

I guess it reduces the cost for the build you mention since you only have to cast Empower once. But it doesn't seem like you're saving a MAJOR amount of energy when you consider both Motes and Empower only cost 25 energy at base. And again, their set up is an up front cost. So long as you guard them from a nullifier, you're only usually casting them the single time to get your set up on the map. Save for maybe Survival if you keep tossing them around the map. But even in Survival, most Wisp players just find one of the favored rooms, set up, and then bunker down so they only have to set up once. Or any of the race to the finish missions, but with those, you're usually only using Haste to sprint to the end. I don't see how the cost of a mod slot, even Exilus, especially Exilus really given Primed Sure Footed, is even worth it over slotting in duration or efficiency to balance against Blind Rage.

36 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

Literally any exilus mod is better than this dumb augment...

Power drift, cunning drift, coaction drift, primed sure footed, handspring... just naming a few off the top of my head that are more useful than this thing.

Augments should be game changing that you are willing to trade a critical mod slot for it. Not offer QoL features. I would accept if the energy cost is the same as one mote, but for the same cost just to save a few button press? This mod is just a waste of development time. No offense to DE, those wasted dev time can be invested into making actual game changing augments or rebalance existing ones.

Archived