Questions around Railjack's system.

SargionMagara

Question

Hello, recently i've just returned to warframe and last time i was playing was when a railjack's max energy is still decided by it's reactors, you can stock up items before leaving for a mission, and such. Now i can't seem to understand what decides it's max energy, how many dome charges can i shoot and such because i have different numbers every time i go on missions.

When i was farming for sevagoth, i have like 600ish max energy so i can shoot seeker volley multiple times at ease, but when i leave for normal missions i find my max energy is at 225. Is this a void storm thing?

Also, my dome charges mostly starts at 2 shots but in the same mission suddenly i find the dome charge limit went up from 2 to 4 out of nowhere. Why is that?

If there are other changes i must know, please let me know because all these new changes are really confusing. Avionics suddenly being mods were confusing enough...

13 answers to this question

vor 7 Minuten schrieb SargionMagara:

Also, my dome charges mostly starts at 2 shots but in the same mission suddenly i find the dome charge limit went up from 2 to 4 out of nowhere. Why is that?

because if you build them they get plus 1 until you leave the railjack mission and the dojo it will have the number you reached refilled everytime you start a mission.

but as far as i know it does not work for energy and i dont realy play with energy since i useing lavos for railjack

but so far i heard it is based on you frames energie pool

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

because if you build them they get plus 1 until you leave the railjack mission and the dojo it will have the number you reached refilled everytime you start a mission.

but as far as i know it does not work for energy and i dont realy play with energy since i useing lavos for railjack

but so far i heard it is based on you frames energie pool

Thank you for your answer, that clears up a lot of things. yeah i think it might be based on the frame's energy pool since i only use Gauss on sevagoth farm but i use excal on other missions. 

Posted (edited)

Railjack's energy is your frame's energy, so having two very different values sounds odd. Could you post your setup and screenshots?

Edit: well, using two different frames would certainly explain that.

Edited by Kraethius
  • Like 1

Yeah the forge is freaking wierd now.  

You start with really low numbers but if you craft missiles or domes or revolite it actually ADDS to the cap.    If your going to use your artillery alot its a great idea to use all 4 stations to improve your max cap.  

AI Engineer also works different!! WTF....       If your AI Engineer makes dome charges it doesnt refill your max ammo, it doesnt increase the cap.    Basically they just +1 ur dome ammo.  

--------------------------

Battle Avi, The forge,  AI Engineers.... its all garbage now.   There really is no need to use battle avi... EVER....  Turrets obliterate everything.   AI Engineers will save your ship from death but they pretty much fail at all other parts of their job.  They refill 1 dome charge like every 60 seconds or more.  I find myself having to go back there and forge crap myself and or wanting to to increase the ammo cap.    AI Engineer NEVER fills your energy.....

Not that Battle Avi even works most of the time.... as a client im lucky if I have 1 working Battle Avi.  

Posted (edited)

basically you start each railjack session screwed.  Gotta either nerf your frame, or start with no energy.  For consumables, yes you start out screwed, not enough to finish a mission, so you have to both collect resources AND build your consumables before you can really do anything.  And somehow the devs seem to think this was an improvement.

Edited by mkah_mvet

12 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

AI Engineer NEVER fills your energy anything.....

FTFY
the AI isn't made to use the forge AT ALL, all they do is look for stuff to fix and occasionally shoot at boarding parties IF there's nothing to fix, they prioritize fixing the ship over fighting for their own life.

6 hours ago, EDM774 said:

FTFY
the AI isn't made to use the forge AT ALL, all they do is look for stuff to fix and occasionally shoot at boarding parties IF there's nothing to fix, they prioritize fixing the ship over fighting for their own life.

They will occasionally add a dome charge if your empty.   But there is such a delay on it and they only give 1.   I wish you could use tactical menu to force them lol.  

22 hours ago, mkah_mvet said:

basically you start each railjack session screwed.  Gotta either nerf your frame, or start with no energy.  For consumables, yes you start out screwed, not enough to finish a mission, so you have to both collect resources AND build your consumables before you can really do anything.  And somehow the devs seem to think this was an improvement.

This...i don't see how this is an acceptable change, like i can't see how they view this as a better version than the original Railjack. Changing avionics into normal mods so they can get rid of Diracs and keep it simple with Endos was cool, it makes things easier to understand and doesn't necessarily make things suddenly too easy or anything like so. But what about everything else? It became far more confusing, like why would crafting a charge would increase the cap? Why is the current Warframe's energy cap would become the railjack's energy cap? All of them are so unintuitive. Not to mention these cap increases goes away if you exit the dojo, which is a hell of a drag.

57 minutes ago, SargionMagara said:

Why is the current Warframe's energy cap would become the railjack's energy cap?

I rationalised this in this way,
The warframe is an integral part of the railjack, thus whatever battle mods I want to fire, it would expend my warframe energy pool.

I sleep better at night when I think abt it in this way.

But I can't answer the +1 cap. =D

15 hours ago, Jemmies said:

I rationalised this in this way,
The warframe is an integral part of the railjack, thus whatever battle mods I want to fire, it would expend my warframe energy pool.

I already tried to rationalize it that way, but it doesn't just work for me because a ship is a ship, and the Warframe isn't connected in any way other than just being a crew on the ship...and yeah i also can't come up with anything for the +1 cap and losing it again if we leave dojo. Lol.

On 2021-05-16 at 12:01 AM, EDM774 said:

FTFY

I've had my AI engineer use the forge a couple times. It's very very rare, but yea they will use it.

1 hour ago, SargionMagara said:

I already tried to rationalize it that way, but it doesn't just work for me because a ship is a ship, and the Warframe isn't connected in any way other than just being a crew on the ship

Ah yes, it's because a warframe isnt' a warframe. It is a kiddo mentally connected to a hunk of metal. But anyway, a lot of it doesn't make much sense. Just enjoy it.

• Like 1

On 2021-05-17 at 4:09 PM, Jemmies said:

Ah yes, it's because a warframe isnt' a warframe. It is a kiddo mentally connected to a hunk of metal. But anyway, a lot of it doesn't make much sense. Just enjoy it.

At least the kiddo mentally connected to a hunk of metal thing is backed with a lore, but oh well, if you say so. Can only enjoy what we have afterall.

• Like 1