Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee nerfed already ?

(NSW)Lolo

My WF discord mate have found out that some melee stance got changed after the update 29.10 .
seems those chage havnt found in the official update note(may be i missed? if somebody see it please tell me), any tenno found out the same situation? 
for example :nikana stance( Decisive Judgement/Blind Justice) some force status has been removed

22 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

DE removed stagger on basic attacks to prevent "stunlock" of enemies and let them retaliate..... but it doesn't do anything really.  Enemies are too slow to fight our melee back.

Oooh, so that’s why I’ve sometimes had to get out of a melee-ranged fight instead of relying on stunlock. Nice

34 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Yeah I just noticed that Crushing Ruin forward attack does not force proc the lifted status. Did they mention this in the patch notes? Or did the change manages to seeps in through the mainline cracks?

Afaik, it's undocumented but intentional that many stances lost bonuses/forced procs in many combos.

From 29.10

On 2021-03-19 at 8:18 AM, [DE]Megan said:

However, we have one single change in this Update to Melee. The majority of all guaranteed enemy staggers on Melee hits have been removed. A few remain in neutral, forward block and neutral block combos. What this change does in practice is effectively removes the infinite Crowd Control melee attacking provided. The Crowd Control potential stacked with the scaling Damage potential was an area we could immediately change to give players a chance to try out this single tweak in the context of the current game. 

This change is rather small in a practical sense, and after you’ve played missions with the change, please let us know what you think.  

Since only staggers are mentioned, I think I'd bug report other missing procs.

In practice I've found enough staggers remain that it hasn't affected my play.  If you're inclined to just spam forward attack, that might feel worse though.

Melee overall was nerfed massively from 2.99 to the current 3.x, which is very clunky, slow and with a lot of game flow killing staggers. 

All end game level enemies still can’t be killed easily with just any melee alone easily. Hope DE won’t sabotage the current version secretly. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb George_PPS:

Melee overall was nerfed massively from 2.99 to the current 3.x, which is very clunky, slow and with a lot of game flow killing staggers. 

All end game level enemies still can’t be killed easily with just any melee alone easily. Hope DE won’t sabotage the current version secretly. 

So you think it is a great idea that end game level enemies should be killed with a melee weapon alone easily?

4 hours ago, Kainosh said:

DE removed stagger on basic attacks to prevent "stunlock" of enemies and let them retaliate..... but it doesn't do anything really.  Enemies are too slow to fight our melee back.

IT CHANGE A LOT

i lost the feeling of hiting something with melee its like slicing air and its boring as hell

4 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

So you think it is a great idea that end game level enemies should be killed with a melee weapon alone easily?

Why not? I mean excluding some enemies that you cannot "easily touch" it shouldn't matter if you use gun or melee. It should be YOUR choice.

4 hours ago, Tsoe said:

IT CHANGE A LOT

i lost the feeling of hiting something with melee its like slicing air and its boring as hell

Yeah, Instead of hitting enemy frame just move around enemy...

Am 15.5.2021 um 15:05 schrieb (NSW)Lolo:

My WF discord mate have found out that some melee stance got changed after the update 29.10 .
seems those chage havnt found in the official update note(may be i missed? if somebody see it please tell me), any tenno found out the same situation? 
for example :nikana stance( Decisive Judgement/Blind Justice) some force status has been removed

i play with gunblade with heavy attack after bunch of status procs for condition overload.
at least for heavy attack there were no changes?

On 2021-05-15 at 10:17 AM, Dunkelheit said:

Even at melee 2.xx ERA, high level enemies can’t be killed with melee alone easily. 

The biggest let down of 3.0 is all the flow killing staggers and extremely clunky heavy attacks and stances. This is NOT Warframe. We know why during the process of creating this melee 3.0 from the dev streams. They talk about the melee from other games and literally transplanted this from other games that are not true Warframe. 

I thought I accidentally changed & messed my (non ideal setup to begin with - though I liked its play outside of steel path before) quest nikana's setup (which was with Blind Justice), now I think what which happened/changed was related to this topic. In my case I actually switched weapon since that. If possible, I'll check with other stance again later.

Thanks for topic/information.

Archived