Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea drop rates...

Hylith0Arkann

Yesterday I farmed protea tier 1 & 2 part with a friend duo mesa nuking the map ( 100kill in 40 - 50 seconds ) and still got us many hours of farming to have the parts.

Today farming the Tier 3 and I am so fed up with endless farming that got you nowhere

• 11 Stahlta Barrel
  • 18 Stropha Stock
  • probably 20+ Mortuus Shoulder Guard
  • 0 Protea Systems Blueprint ( supposed to be 11% chance drop rates....) 

What an enjoyable day I had today on warframe... 

21 minutes ago, Hylith0Arkann said:

supposed to be 11% chance drop rates

While DE does normalise DPS via diminishing returns against important enemies, they have never normalised droprates via so called pity timers, for example.

That means, that given enough players, there are likely always some that don't get what they farm for, regardless of the odds. It could be 50%, there would still be some unlucky players that don't get it after trying for hours.

The thing is I wouldn' be upset if this wasn't the only way to farm Protea and also theses Granum Void missions only exist to farm Protea so when you don't get it after 50 tries or even more..., you just wasted hours for litteraly nothing, terrible drop system.

At least when you farm on open world missions they get you ressources that you need or reputations even if the reward of the bounty that you aim for dosen't drop.

Here I just did 4hours of farm to have nothing at all and this is the only way to have it...

1 hour ago, Hylith0Arkann said:

The thing is I wouldn' be upset if this wasn't the only way to farm Protea

Farm prime parts, sell to other players as "prime junk", buy Protea with plat. You can get any frame in a couple hours this way.

Yes it doesn't solve the underlying issue but whenever anyone falls well below the grind curve there is always a free out via trading.

22 minutes ago, (PSN)HollowMolloy said:

I sometimes feel like once you get 2 parts of a frame, the chance for the last part is artificially reduced.

The drop rate is non-artificially reduced. In the case of Sevagoth, all 3 parts drop in the same missions. So, assuming a 10% chance per part, you have a 30% chance to get the first part you need. Then a 20% chance for the second. And a 10% chance for the last.

1 hour ago, trst said:

Farm prime parts, sell to other players as "prime junk", buy Protea with plat. You can get any frame in a couple hours this way.

Yes it doesn't solve the underlying issue but whenever anyone falls well below the grind curve there is always a free out via trading.

Yeah I think that what I'll do now.

Protea, along with many of the newer frames, is worth the grind, but you're still better of trying to trade for plat to buy her if you'd rather keep your sanity. 

IIRC DE said they were "doing something different" with Yareli, the next warframe.. Void knows what that could mean..

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Protea, along with many of the newer frames, is worth the grind, but you're still better of trying to trade for plat to buy her if you'd rather keep your sanity. 

IIRC DE said they were "doing something different" with Yareli, the next warframe.. Void knows what that could mean..

My wild guess considering her theme is they are going to make us do k-drive racing. 

20 hours ago, Hylith0Arkann said:

Yesterday I farmed protea tier 1 & 2 part with a friend duo mesa nuking the map ( 100kill in 40 - 50 seconds ) and still got us many hours of farming to have the parts.

Today farming the Tier 3 and I am so fed up with endless farming that got you nowhere

• 11 Stahlta Barrel
  • 18 Stropha Stock

19 hours ago, Hylith0Arkann said:

The thing is I wouldn' be upset if this wasn't the only way to farm Protea and also theses Granum Void missions only exist to farm Protea so when you don't get it after 50 tries or even more..., you just wasted hours for litteraly nothing, terrible drop system.

At least when you farm on open world missions they get you ressources that you need or reputations even if the reward of the bounty that you aim for dosen't drop.

Here I just did 4hours of farm to have nothing at all and this is the only way to have it...

Hey buddy I farmed her when it came out and you know how long that took me? 2 weeks. And I got it randomly. Literally every frame in game has one set method of obtaining it through gameplay without buying it. Your over here complaining over a few hours, when some people spent days farming. The fact is you have had bad luck, didn’t pray to rngesus,and have tiered yourself out. Take a break and do something else and come back to it later.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Hylith0Arkann:

• 11 Stahlta Barrel
  • 18 Stropha Stock

Yes. it is not worthwhile to farm specifically for something. random can break anyone's nod. it took me about 3-4 hours for protea solo as mesa with best mods and I just didn't take it seriously.

Today it's 5th day I'm only doing cambion drift bounties just to fill daily standing cap (2 of lvl-40-60 bounties) and only granum voids but didn't got a single protea parts, it's really annoying last time I did grind like this was regular octavia still that didn't take 5 days or so...is there any technique or some sort of anything that can increase the chance or straight drop blueprints.? Any suggestions

2 minutes ago, Hunter-Raj said:

Today it's 5th day I'm only doing cambion drift bounties just to fill daily standing cap (2 of lvl-40-60 bounties) and only granum voids but didn't got a single protea parts, it's really annoying last time I did grind like this was regular octavia still that didn't take 5 days or so...is there any technique or some sort of anything that can increase the chance or straight drop blueprints.? Any suggestions

Do your most enjoyable method of getting stuff you can sell to others and sell it to them for platinum. 

Buy Protea. 

And I'm not trying to be sarcastic. There is no faster way except to continue to try and hope for better luck. There is nothing in the games mechanics that will increase your chances of the parts dropping, you just have to keep trying. 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb RazerXPrime:

Protea farm is probably one of the worst in the game at the moment. People complained about Harrow and Ash, but I had a really bad experience getting Protea. It's the only reason I haven't made another for Helminth.

I have farmed 2 Proteas for me and more than a dozen for clanmates. It is not as bad as everyone is saying. Try 4-5 times per day and give it a rest if you are fed up. Warframe is a Marathon, not a Sprint.

Archived