Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accelerate time with temporal anchor?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Allow Protea to accelerate her rolling dash distance and her movement speed.

the far away you are from the anchor, the FASTER your movement speed is and the LONGER your special roll is. This should scale indefinitely, as you already have the anchor timer limiting that scale.

just gives us Tracer, DE, just do it.

On 2021-05-18 at 12:06 PM, quxier said:

As augment? No problem.

As built-in function? No, thank you. I like my rolls short and my bullet jump longer.

Ok so i'm back, still trying to fix the Port problem that prevents me from playing with squads.

Anyway, yeah i meant it as an augment.

Why say no to mobility though? Protea has the longest roll in all warframes, it becomes exceptionally fast once you invest in parkour velocity.

On 2021-05-18 at 7:04 PM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I think the biggest question is why? A change like this isnt likely to make people not subsume anchor, and if anything it will make some people more likely to remove anchor anyway because they dont like the move speed

I give up, what do you want Temporal anchor to do that would make it worth while for you?

I swear you say "remove the rewind animation and make her teleport back" and i'm gonna loose it XD

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Why say no to mobility though? Protea has the longest roll in all warframes, it becomes exceptionally fast once you invest in parkour velocity.

I'm using jump/roll for short distance movements and bullet jumps for longer. Extending rolls would cause me to change my "roll routine". Even more if want to vary depending on distance from Anchor.

In my opinion there are enough mobility things that extends rolls/bullet jumps. What we need is speed (like one of Amalgam mods with +x roll speed).

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I give up, what do you want Temporal anchor to do that would make it worth while for you?

I swear you say "remove the rewind animation and make her teleport back" and i'm gonna loose it XD

Obviously I want them to remove the rewind animation and make het teleport back ;P

But on a serious note, I enjoy temporal anchor at the moment as it is. In fact, I even run it and subsume out the grenade fan instead, since the wispy particles can be hard on my eyes.

I was merely saying in my previous comment that people arent suddenly going to use anchor because they get a move speed buff. The people who want to be mega fast already have frames for those styles, like Gauss, Volt, Zephyr, titania and wisp to an extent. 

Instead, whenever we do get an augment for anchor, Id prefer that it actually changed how the ability functions or apply a new synergy with other abilities. Maybe an augment that turns it into a drain, maybe even allow the player to manually rewind time by a few seconds here and there as opposed to a big full stop reset. 

When I saw Proteas 4th ability I was upset, I'm thinking to myself why add an ability like this when you can just make a time warframe? I strait up don`t like het 4th it goes against playing in mobile mission. What irritated me the most is that an ability like record based on the concept is sick but they ruined it. Imo it needs to either remove the rewind part or it be removed completely even the stats showed that ppl were replacing that ability plus it doesn`t even fit her theme, even before it was released ppl didn`t like it (me included).

It`s a strait up rubbish ability. 

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

When I saw Proteas 4th ability I was upset, I'm thinking to myself why add an ability like this when you can just make a time warframe? I strait up don`t like het 4th it goes against playing in mobile mission. What irritated me the most is that an ability like record based on the concept is sick but they ruined it. Imo it needs to either remove the rewind part or it be removed completely even the stats showed that ppl were replacing that ability plus it doesn`t even fit her theme, even before it was released ppl didn`t like it (me included).

for the first time, i'm going to set our differences aside and say that i can't blame you.

you're right.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

When I saw Proteas 4th ability I was upset, I'm thinking to myself why add an ability like this when you can just make a time warframe?

Imagine time-based trolling. Instead of "can't touch this" of Limbo you will get "finish quest/bounty, beat the boss, hack console etc" > Protea rewinds time => you have to do things again. Of course "time based frame" is possible (about rewinding time) but it's not an easy task.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

strait up don`t like het 4th it goes against playing in mobile mission.

Mobile defense? This ability is made for such things. Go to the data terminal > activate 4th > go do something > rewind time to the data terminal.

This works for things like Defense and Excavation as well.

plus it doesn`t even fit her theme

Yeah, like "rewinding herself" as seen in the quest/lore doesn't fit.... Have you played the same quest as I? Protea specter rewinded herself like we do using 4th. You can hate that ability, I get this, but what you said is ridiculous.

it be removed completely even the stats showed that ppl were replacing that ability

The ability isn't something easy to understand and even you understand it you cannot use it wherever you want.

On other hand people are obsessed with damage (which is somehow understandable given bullet sponge enemies). Roar is 6th ability used & 1st ability that's NOT Helminth's original.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's "rubbish". That's like saying Frost's Snowglobe is rubish because one player put Globe in weird place making it impossible to kill enemies.

On 2021-05-20 at 7:06 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

what do you want Temporal anchor to do that would make it worth while for you?

Personally, replace the "Hold to cancel" with "Hold to rewind everything but your location", ideally without even stopping you in place. Even better, give it a Tap/Hold cast so you can change the default cancel depending on whether you want it to take you back or not at the end of its duration.

It's a neat ability, except for when you don't want to go five rooms back - then it just becomes "Press 4 to spend 100 energy".

On 2021-05-18 at 2:04 PM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I think the biggest question is why? A change like this isnt likely to make people not subsume anchor, and if anything it will make some people more likely to remove anchor anyway because they dont like the move speed

I don't use this skill but any damage you hit during anchor path is added on the explosive moonwalker.
bronko opens an enemy to finisher, so use melee to finisher this enemy, walk around the map and

boom, boom, boom...

K1qOzG.gif

54 minutes ago, Famecans said:

I don't use this skill but any damage you hit during anchor path is added on the explosive moonwalker.
bronko opens an enemy to finisher, so use melee to finisher this enemy, walk around the map and

boom, boom, boom...

K1qOzG.gif

First it's explosion when rewinds starts.

Secondly this doesn't answer answer the post you quoted as you don't know pros and cons of this ability. And cons of those ability is something huge (for some people at least).

9 minutes ago, quxier said:
1 hour ago, Famecans said:

boom, boom, boom...

K1qOzG.gif

Expand  

First it's explosion when rewinds starts.

Secondly this doesn't answer answer the post you quoted as you don't know pros and cons of this ability. And cons of those ability is something huge (for some people at least).

But?!? that's exactly what I said, do you know Moonwalk?!? Protea?!? Wut?!?

No problem, i'll explain to you:
this skill is useful for Protea but the anchor time needs to be controllable and quick to reuse. you got it?

59 minutes ago, Famecans said:

But?!? that's exactly what I said, do you know Moonwalk?!? Protea?!? Wut?!?

No problem, i'll explain to you:
this skill is useful for Protea but the anchor time needs to be controllable and quick to reuse. you got it?

Ok, so you got faster rewind. Sure that's "plus" of this change.

Archived