Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't the cut bonus change the cut damage after Glaive critical hit

miaoleigemi

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

what?

... He's probably referring to the Bleeding DoT...

@miaoleigemi

Bleeding DoT caused by Slash procs are different from weapon to weapon... Some weapons have the tendency to deal less Bleeding DoT when Slash procs while others deal a lot more Bleeding DoT.

It also depends if you're using Melee attack or detonation. If you are using normal Melee Attack, Glaives have low Bleeding DoT and it is indeed affected by Critical Damage (but the difference is low as well, which may appear to be the same as non-critical). However, if you are using the Detonation feature then its very normal that it isn't affected by anything.

... Of course, I may be wrong in all that and anyone may feel free to correct me...

9 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Some weapons have the tendency to deal less Bleeding DoT when Slash procs while others deal a lot more Bleeding DoT.

idunno, it's the same Percentage of Damage for every Weapon, shrug.

Slash/bleed procs only scale off of base damage. +Impact, +Puncture, +Slash, and +Elemental mods do not increase base damage, therefore do not increase the damage of damage over time procs unless they have an extra scaling component to them. In most cases they do have an extra component, electricity is 50% base damage and also scales with +Electricity mods, as do Heat and Toxin. Slash, like gas, is one of the few damage over time procs that are not affected by their corresponding damage type, as it doesn't have a separate slash scaling component, aside from just being 50% base damage.

TL;DR

+Electricity increases Electric proc damage.
+Heat increases Heat proc damage.
+Toxin increases Toxin proc damage.
+Toxin/Heat do not increase Gas proc damage.
+Slash mods to not increase Slash/bleed proc damage.

Hope that answers your question, assuming I did correctly interpret your question.

to the OP , you are confusing the Glaive with the Glaive Prime,and even if the Glaive would have forced slashed proccs, they would not be enhanced by basic slash mods.

That can only be done by status duration and raw damage.

Sorry if this should be a misconception on my part , I can live with that.

Archived