Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I still don't get Railjack...

supernils

Question

so I just did the first mission in Corpus relay.

I eventually found the 4 things I had to destroy despite them not being indicated in the UI until I got near that big corpus ship and entered I entered it.

I killed all necessary enemies and it said "mission finished" and displayed a reward mid screen, "Vidar Engines MK1". This is unlike in ground missions and it's confusing. Where does the reward come from? Where's the end mission screen?

The UI tells me to return to rail jack. I returned to rail jack, and then, nothing.

I don't know what the #*!% to do, the UI is empty. I can hit escape, I could "return to dojo" but the ui tells me that I would "forfeit the completion rewards and bonuses" and when I hit it it asks me if I really want to abort the mission.

So disappointing of this game design. Do they ever play test it with real players? At this point I right click Warframe and close it and start Overwatch. Until next time, in a few weeks.

10 answers to this question

I suspect the developers designed it that way to allow players to roam space after completing the mission objectives to collect things or to just admire the vast emptiness of space.

As XAN3MK said, just use the Navigation console to run another mission or go back to dojo.

11 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

I suspect the developers designed it that way to allow players to roam space after completing the mission objectives to collect things or to just admire the vast emptiness of space.

As XAN3MK said, just use the Navigation console to run another mission or go back to dojo.

as well as do the bonus objectives

its not like this method of doing the navigation is new, its how its been for the entirety of rj

The mission indicators are clear to me. It tells you where to go and what to do. When you complete the mission and return to the Railjack it shows you the specific mission results. You can choose to stay in mission or move to the dojo or start a new mission. Once you do either of the latter two options you'll get the mission complete screen. This kinda always was the case with Railjack. Something to get used to for you I guess. It's super simple to be honest and very clear.

But ehm. Go play Overwatch, that'll teach DE.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

RJ doesnt give a proper mission complete screen until your warping to another spot.   Especially bonus loot dungeon reward that isnt revealed until that mission complete screen.

Its that fact that makes its extremely frustrating to do public RJ.   When is it safe to leave.   If you dont warp and instead abort out because you dont want to do another run with the group your in you are visually shown that you didnt get JACK.   Not affinity,  Not loot,  Not bonus loot.      People say that you get that stuff anyways but why the hell cant we see it ???  

I dont leave a group until AFTER they warp.  Then I know I got stuff.  

--------------------------------

Railjack is so horrible in match making and End of Mission screens.    I want the "Leave group" option like in open worlds.   I just get punted to my own ship and free to carry on or go back to dojo..     Also I would really really love it if you didnt get the official End of Mission screen until you get back to your damn orbiter.   But that raises another huge can of worms with multiple mission runs with multiple groups all being compiled into one EoM screen.....   

All I know is by the time I get back to my orbiter I dont have anything showing me all the crap I got or stats of the missions I ran and it sucks.  

We're getting used to that RJ UI with time but yeah, it's clear there is some work to do (that will likely never be done though).

The end of mission is particularly weird. Nothing is clear here and you have to "trial and error" it until you understand how it works, but it could very easily deal with an overall simplification and more clarity. It's nothing more than a S#&$fest since the beginning.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

RJ doesnt give a proper mission complete screen until your warping to another spot.   Especially bonus loot dungeon reward that isnt revealed until that mission complete screen.

Its that fact that makes its extremely frustrating to do public RJ.   When is it safe to leave.   If you dont warp and instead abort out because you dont want to do another run with the group your in you are visually shown that you didnt get JACK.   Not affinity,  Not loot,  Not bonus loot.      People say that you get that stuff anyways but why the hell cant we see it ???  

I dont leave a group until AFTER they warp.  Then I know I got stuff.  

--------------------------------

Railjack is so horrible in match making and End of Mission screens.    I want the "Leave group" option like in open worlds.   I just get punted to my own ship and free to carry on or go back to dojo..     Also I would really really love it if you didnt get the official End of Mission screen until you get back to your damn orbiter.   But that raises another huge can of worms with multiple mission runs with multiple groups all being compiled into one EoM screen.....   

All I know is by the time I get back to my orbiter I dont have anything showing me all the crap I got or stats of the missions I ran and it sucks.  

You could always go to free flight in between missions. It's not ideal, but it's better than returning to dojo.

8 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

You could always go to free flight in between missions. It's not ideal, but it's better than returning to dojo.

Thats not a solve for anything....   The issue is being in a public squad,  you do a mission and then want out.  You either....

-Abort after rewards pop up and risk losing everything

-Warp to the next mission with them so you get your EoM screen and THEN abort. 

-Or they decide to go back to Dry Dock and your get your EoM and can leave the group.   

As soon as rewards pop up, we should be able to split away from the group we are in to our own RJ and get an EoM screen.   Do that and then get rid of the stupid voting system.  (That doesnt even work since one person can force start) 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Thats not a solve for anything....   The issue is being in a public squad,  you do a mission and then want out.  You either....

-Abort after rewards pop up and risk losing everything

-Warp to the next mission with them so you get your EoM screen and THEN abort. 

-Or they decide to go back to Dry Dock and your get your EoM and can leave the group.   

As soon as rewards pop up, we should be able to split away from the group we are in to our own RJ and get an EoM screen.   Do that and then get rid of the stupid voting system.  (That doesnt even work since one person can force start) 

No I know what you're talking about. I agree. I think they mentioned that they're working on that though. The reason I mentioned free flight is because it's an inbetween zone that doesn't require you to go to the dojo or an actual mission to get the results screen.

Archived