Jump to content

The best mod is "Prime Sure Footed" and the best warframe ability is "Perspicacity." Prove me wrong.


Recommended Posts

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

I've got maths to solve this argument once and for all:

(controversial hot takes about "best" items) +

("prove me wrong") +

(username "Troll Logic") =

Turning Around Season 5 GIF by Friends

Lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

No no no you're confused. but perhaps a little forgetful. I will assist. Topic title: The best mod is "Prime Sure Footed" and the best warframe ability is "Perspicacity." Prove me wrong.

 

Yea... doesn't seem like I was the one who was confused here.

Oh my.  How the tables have turned.  Using my own words against me.  I've been caught in a web of my own spinning.  How can I go on?

Or maybe, just maybe, and I'm spitballing here, you've put yourself in a corner by underlining a word rather than just accepting that continually pushing a silly premise is well, silly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Shadowbladedeathkiller:

Yes, I think if the player is using aoe weapons then maybe PSF, might be better, but only if it prevents Warframes from being tossed around in addition to being immune to knockdown. 
 

really though I’m struggling to see the significance of not being knocked down as opposed to recovering from knockdown faster than the amount of time the knockdown immunity animation plays for, other than looks.

I could be mistaken, but I'm quite sure that there's not an stagger animation (anymore) if someone uses a maxed primed sure footed mod.

The wiki also approves it.:

"Knockdown and stagger animations will not be played when a player successfully resists a knockdown or stagger."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ES-Flinter said:

I could be mistaken, but I'm quite sure that there's not an stagger animation (anymore) if someone uses a maxed primed sure footed mod.

The wiki also approves it.:

"Knockdown and stagger animations will not be played when a player successfully resists a knockdown or stagger."

If that’s truly the case then alrighty. I know there used to be an animation and it just looked silly to see someone take that parrying stance while flying through the air.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Oh my.  How the tables have turned.  Using my own words against me.  I've been caught in a web of my own spinning.  How can I go on?

Or maybe, just maybe, and I'm spitballing here, you've put yourself in a corner by underlining a word rather than just accepting that continually pushing a silly premise is well, silly.

If I wanted to be silly, I would have mentioned you spelled Primed Sure Footed wrong. But I wasn't silly. I was just correct. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

I could be mistaken, but I'm quite sure that there's not an stagger animation (anymore) if someone uses a maxed primed sure footed mod.

The wiki also approves it.:

"Knockdown and stagger animations will not be played when a player successfully resists a knockdown or stagger."

Aha, the wiki says at rank 10 you only get a 99.99% chance to resist knockdown. Handspring wins again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Shadowbladedeathkiller said:

 

really though I’m struggling to see the significance of not being knocked down as opposed to recovering from knockdown faster than the amount of time the knockdown immunity animation plays for, other than looks

There is no knockdown immunity animation. 

11 minutes ago, Shadowbladedeathkiller said:

Aha, the wiki says at rank 10 you only get a 99.99% chance to resist knockdown. Handspring wins again.

That means you only expect a single failure over the course of 10,000 incoming knockdowns.

Hardly a winning argument for handspring

Edited by (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I have tried it and I would rather do the hacking myself with the occasional auto-hack from paragon than waste a subsume on that

That's cool.  I was commenting on how you said manually hacking would be much faster.  Since you said "probably" I inferred you hadn't tried it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why should I have to prove you wrong? 

Shouldn't you have to back up your own statement first before I have to disprove it? 

I think you are forgetting how classical logic works here. Or just too lazy to make an argument and pretending to be deliberately obtuse instead because you know it will get you attention. 

Take your pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

That's cool.  I was commenting on how you said manually hacking would be much faster.  Since you said "probably" I inferred you hadn't tried it.

I'm saying that if someone already is pretty good at hacking there's no need to use it. If someone doesn't care about hacking they can use this or ciphers 

I actually tested the speed of my hacking and perspicacity now to check if I'm faster than it

Perspicacity (casting and auto hack animation) = 4.91 seconds

My Grineer hacking= 3.63 seconds

My Corpus hacking= 4.77 seconds

If someone can get a perspicacity hack (without casting speed mods) faster than that feel free to inform me. Also someone can probably hack faster than me as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Why should I have to prove you wrong? 

Shouldn't you have to back up your own statement first before I have to disprove it? 

I think you are forgetting how classical logic works here. Or just too lazy to make an argument and pretending to be deliberately obtuse instead because you know it will get you attention. 

Take your pick. 

Wow.

 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I'm saying that if someone already is pretty good at hacking there's no need to use it. If someone doesn't care about hacking they can use this or ciphers 

I actually tested the speed of my hacking and perspicacity now to check if I'm faster than it

Perspicacity (casting and auto hack animation) = 4.91 seconds

My Grineer hacking= 3.63 seconds

My Corpus hacking= 4.77 seconds

If someone can get a perspicacity hack (without casting speed mods) faster than that feel free to inform me. Also someone can probably hack faster than me as well

I'm fine at hacking.  Grineer hacking in an annoyance and even better, an annoyance I can avoid.  If avoiding that annoyance means losing decoy, then that's a trade worth making.

Perspicacity is much faster than 5 seconds.  It can be cast much earlier while running around.  My corpus hacking is faster than my grineer hacking, especially when the grineer lock is the alternating one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

Wow.

So you aren't even going to bother to try to back up your point? 

Because 'Wow" is exactly what I thought upon seeing your thread title, and then opening it up and seeing you refused to make even a single sentence worth of actual argument of any kind at all. Weird hill to die on claiming two qol tools are the best mod/ability. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So you aren't even going to bother to try to back up your point? 

Because 'Wow" is exactly what I thought upon seeing your thread title, and then opening it up and seeing you refused to make even a single sentence worth of actual argument of any kind at all. 

Wow x2.

You know when you're watching a baseball game on TV at a bar and they show the Yankees winning a game off an error?  Someone will say "Man, the Yankees suck" and inevitably some drunk dude 5 stools down stands up and stammers "HEY!  I'm from New York and the Yankees rule! You got a problem with that?"

Yup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

So you aren't even going to bother to try to back up your point? 

Because 'Wow" is exactly what I thought upon seeing your thread title, and then opening it up and seeing you refused to make even a single sentence worth of actual argument of any kind at all. Weird hill to die on claiming two qol tools are the best mod/ability. 

I think he wanted to say with "wow" that you missed the whole conservation.

read at least the post from the last site next time:

vor einer Stunde schrieb RazerXPrime:

No no no you're confused. but perhaps a little forgetful. I will assist. Topic title: The best mod is "Prime Sure Footed" and the best warframe ability is "Perspicacity." Prove me wrong.

 

Yea... doesn't seem like I was the one who was confused here.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Troll_Logic:

Oh my.  How the tables have turned.  Using my own words against me.  I've been caught in a web of my own spinning.  How can I go on?

Or maybe, just maybe, and I'm spitballing here, you've put yourself in a corner by underlining a word rather than just accepting that continually pushing a silly premise is well, silly.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW, this is why we can't have nice things on the WF forums.

I make a fun post about how cool Primed (see, see, see) Sure Footed and Perspicacity are and half the replies are people that want to nitpick and fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Troll_Logic:

BTW, this is why we can't have nice things on the WF forums.

I make a fun post about how cool Primed (see, see, see) Sure Footed and Perspicacity are and half the replies are people that want to nitpick and fight.

I would say that only 2-3 people want to fight, but they scream load enough as if they were 20-30 persons.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

I would say that only 2-3 people want to fight, but they scream load enough as if they were 20-30 persons.

If you're creating a topic in such a fashion then you're just begging people to argue with you. That's the entire point of this topic. Only thing happening is that the op doesn't want to take responsibility on the way he conveyed the message and is then disappointed by the responses.

You don't want to argue with people then don't create a topic like this. You want to discuss how awesome these things are in the game, then you can do that in many different ways. Like... you know just saying these things are awesome. It's all about the message sending out. You get people agreeing with you and you get people disagreeing. All I'm doing is pointing out that this is only natural if you send a message like this. Accept it or not, it makes no difference to the results. The op however can control the type of responses. Wording is everything.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

If you're creating a topic in such a fashion then you're just begging people to argue with you.

Or you know, you could just have a fun little conversation?

 

19 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Only thing happening is that the op doesn't want to take responsibility on the way he conveyed the message and is then disappointed by the responses.

Take responsibility?  This is a silly forum where people talk about silly things about a silly game.  Perspective dude, perspective.  We're talking about warframe abilities.  Geez.

BTW, I was disappointed by only a few responses.

 

20 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

The op however can control the type of responses.

I don't know anything about you or your life, yet I can state that you have never been more wrong.

Not everything has to be life or death, someone defending their honor, or "I disagree so I have to prove you wrong with the fury of a thousand suns because I'm right."

Again, this is why we can't have nice things here.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

That's hardly an argument to defend your statement. Knockdowns can easily be countered by playing correctly. Other than that, just play Rhino, Nezha or Atlas.

I asked you to tell me why they are the best, but all you're giving me is it gets rid of an annoyance for you, which can easily be countered by yourself.

There is no right or wrong way to play, only different ways to play. 

I use the Proboscis Cernos to prime enemies and group them for melee. That wouldn't really be possible without PSF because the weapon has a delayed explosion. I could wait for the explosion then move into melee range but that would defeat the purpose of grouping enemies to increase kills per minute.

I also use Epitaph and Kuva Ogris as utility primers because I can apply combinations of status types that are not possible on other weapons. The way I use those weapons makes PSF pretty much a mandatory mod. I'm not using these weapons wrong, I'm just using it for the utility it provides not the damage it does. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perspicacity is not great. You sacrifice an ability slot and any other possible Helminth infusion to save 4-5 seconds per console... big whoop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Or you know, you could just have a fun little conversation?

 

Take responsibility?  This is a silly forum where people talk about silly things about a silly game.  Perspective dude, perspective.  We're talking about warframe abilities.  Geez.

BTW, I was disappointed by only a few responses.

 

I don't know anything about you or your life, yet I can state that you have never been more wrong.

Not everything has to be life or death, someone defending their honor, or "I disagree so I have to prove you wrong with the fury of a thousand suns because I'm right."

Again, this is why we can't have nice things here.

 

I can assure you when you get a bit older you'll understand communication is part sender and part recipient. Understanding how that works will help you get the type of responses you want. I'll give you an example. I recently created a topic about the best weapons. I only got positive responses. I however did not start the topic with: "Weapon X is the best, prove me wrong."

Especially in an online capacity dealing with strangers has a few quirks. You're saying "Again, this is why we can't have nice things here."... I mean really? My suggestion is only this. Look at your messaging. Your topic title is the source of your disappointment.

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

There is no right or wrong way to play, only different ways to play. 

I use the Proboscis Cernos to prime enemies and group them for melee. That wouldn't really be possible without PSF because the weapon has a delayed explosion. I could wait for the explosion then move into melee range but that would defeat the purpose of grouping enemies to increase kills per minute.

I also use Epitaph and Kuva Ogris as utility primers because I can apply combinations of status types that are not possible on other weapons. The way I use those weapons makes PSF pretty much a mandatory mod. I'm not using these weapons wrong, I'm just using it for the utility it provides not the damage it does. 

Oh I definitely see uses for the mod. Especially with AoE weapons for sure. I myself hardly ever use it since I don't really need it very often. Although I should probably use it more when I pick specific weapons. But then I probably rather just pick Nezha or something. '^_^

I hardly ever get grabbed/hooked or knocked down. What some people may not realize is that casting an ability will actually give you a CC invulnerability frame. It will not prevent damage, but it will prevent you from being hooked by an Ancient for instance. That plus you can dodge these attacks as well.

I rarely use a specific weapon or frame for a long time. I don't "main" anything. I choose whatever I feel like at any given time. So for those few times I get stuck with an AoE weapon I just accept that I may get knocked over a couple times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I can assure you when you get a bit older you'll understand communication is part sender and part recipient. Understanding how that works will help you get the type of responses you want.

Here's a perfect example.  You haven't convinced me that you're right and I'm wrong, which is fine and doesn't really matter, so you're using condescension.  Because you haven't convinced me I'm wrong, you're assuming I'm younger and less knowledgeable than you.  If I was older or as knowledgeable as you, I'd understand that you're right.  I'm ignoring it and replying how I see fit.

I have no control over your replies.  You have no control over mine.  You should check out Stoicism.

Blueberries.  See?  No control.

Pickles.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...