Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explain Nezha

(PSN)wadclan

Question

Guys,

Can someone politely educate me? I'm new to Nezha, but I thought I understood how Warding Halo worked. Clearly I don't. 

So, here's what I did. I went to a survival mission and allowed the enemies to attack me. I stood still until arcane guardian activated. Then I cast Warding Halo. It activated and gathered the damage. Once out of the invulnerable time, I just stood still a d let swarms attack me.

I could see my WH slowly going down, and I expected to see my health go down even slower. It never did. I just stood there for over 30 sec with no health decrease at all (not even 1 HP). I did  see WH go down slowly, but I didn't notice if my shields were changing. Remember this is a survival mission (Jupiter -- I should have tested at Mot).

So, what should have happened? Were the enemies too weak, or did everything go as expected.

I did have arcane guardian, but no adaptation or health conversion or any other armor mod.

Please teach me.

10 answers to this question

It is like Duality52 said. You will take 10% of the damage, the warding halo will take 90%. It's possible the damage was to few and too little to notice. It will hit shields first then trigger the 1 sec shield gating and then transfer to health. You can test this in the simulacrum or actual missions vs higher level enemies and you will notice.

It acts like Rhino's Iron Skin. You can absorb damage and it will add a multiplification of that to the halo health pool reserves. 

The ability does a few other things as well. Like Iron Skin it makes you immune to CC. It also makes you immune to status effects. Wait no, it prevents status effects from applying so it's even better than being immune to them. It also stuns enemies near you and deals a bit of slash damage.

I'm personally not a fan of the stun effect because it stops enemies near you from hitting you to charge up the health pool, but it's not terrible.

Nezha is great for absorbing and dealing damage. I personally put Ensnare on him and replaced Firewalker. Even though he already has a CC, grabbing everyone together makes hitting them with the 4th and 2nd ability much much easier and it just creates a wonderful synergy with his kit. You can also go with Breach surge if you want even bigger damage numbers. 

What Warding Halo does is that 90% of the damage you receive, the Halo will absorb it. Only 10% of the damage, you will receive. Like Iron Skin, it still provides Status Immunity, but there will be a grace period of three seconds should the Halo be destroyed, allowing you to quickly recast the ability during that time.

22 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

It acts like Rhino's Iron Skin. You can absorb damage and it will add a multiplification of that to the halo health pool reserves. 

It's a common misconception, but Iron Skin doesn't multiply the damage Rhino absorbs. It simply adds the absorbed damage to Iron Skin once the three second invulnerability ends. In fact, Voidrig's Storm Shroud and Bonewidow's Shield Maiden are variants of Rhino's Iron Skin (instant start-up & directional blocking/shield bashing/mobility boost).

Nezha's Warding Halo is the only ability of its kind to multiply the absorbed damage, then add it to its Halo health.

5 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

It's a common misconception, but Iron Skin doesn't multiply the damage Rhino absorbs. It simply adds the absorbed damage to Iron Skin once the three second invulnerability ends. In fact, Voidrig's Storm Shroud and Bonewidow's Shield Maiden are variants of Rhino's Iron Skin (instant start-up & directional blocking/shield bashing/mobility boost).

Nezha's Warding Halo is the only ability of its kind to multiply the absorbed damage, then add it to its Halo health.

Ehh? No that's not completely correct. Rhino's Iron skin is amplified by his armor. It's the reason people use Ironclad Charge and such to increase armor prior to activating Iron Skin. Check the wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Skin

With regards to Voidrig you are correct. There is no amplification.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Rhino's Iron skin is amplified by his armor.

I'm aware, but I'm referring to any damage absorbed during the three second invulnerability. The damage absorbed won't get multiplied like Nezha's Warding Halo.

For instance, taking an Eidolon Teralyst's stomp will deal 5000 Impact damage. If you absorb the stomp with Rhino (Prime), Voidrig, or Bonewidow with their respective abilities, it will always add 5000 health to their final respective abilities health. Nezha's Warding Halo, on the other hand, will multiply that 5000 absorbed damage and add it to his Halo's final health.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)wadclan said:

So, with regard to Warding Halo, does adaptation help, or is it a wasted mod because it reduced the incoming damage during the absorption period?

It will help with higher level content where enemies deal enough damage. Anything below level 100 I would say it isn't really necessary. It will not affect the absorption.

Something I forgot to mention, which is quite wonderful is that this also makes Nezha immune to energy drain from Ancient Disruptors.

Archived