Which amp parts should I get?

Demios-

Question

Kinda new to Plains cuz of potato pc probs. Now that I can play it I just got my first tier amp(not the one they give for free). Just wanna know what combination of amp parts I should get next and the next one after that. Would help alot if you would name each part lol. 

13 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I get your point.

Could there not be a search for a sense of community in asking fellow players instead of jumping to videos and wikis? Obviously I’d be speaking for @Demios- if I insisted that that was the case, but I feel it’s something worth considering since I’m at least one example who just wants to hear what others have to say in their own words about a thing I’m curious about

The reason I also opted to go for a video is because it's very useful in seeing what it does instead of having people go meta on you as this does not relate to what I myself would like to play. If OP wants to build a specific style then he can ask what type of amp would fit that. Right now he's not giving enough information to work with to be honest. There's no way to give him proper advice aside from going to watch a video. 

Also trying things out with amps is a very time consuming and costly venture. I would not advise any new player to go ahead and randomly try amps. A lot of them are meh. I myself wasted precious resources and time building a couple of them and they ended up not being what I liked. At least I got the MR out of them. I think I named one of them "total crap" or something similar. If you go and look at some of the vids it'll give you an idea of what style of play these amps give and then you can go try them out yourself. I think this is rather good advice to a new player.

He does need to understand that levelling up the Quills and Vox Solaris is also quite time intensive to get the blueprints for the higher tier amps. The amp I'm using is specific to raising only 1 of them to max. 

Well, I will say this: the next tier is a big upgrade in comparison with the Mote Amp since it will also have the Altfire.

Take your time and rank up and go testing which Parts feel best for your playstyle.

But if you want one for Eidolon hunting, getting the Tier 2 will be good enough. Remember: you can mix and match them.

Well... there are a few different ways you can approach this. Personally, I knew I would end up with at least 7 amps, because I knew I wanted the mastery you get from each Prism (which is the bit you get mastery from). 

If you are relatively new to Plains of Eidolon, I am assuming that you might not have advanced so far there, with the Quills or with Fortuna and Little Duck. So with that in mind, assuming that your main purpose of having an Amp, is Eidolon fights (in order to help get access to more Amps with the Quills) I'd recommend a 123 amp. Which is the Raplak Prism, Shraksun Scaffold and the Lohrin Brace.

The Raplak Prism is an accurate long range type shot, its pretty straight forward. You use it with the primary fire. Its basic so good, in my opinion as far as learning how Amps work. Alternatively I really like the Rahn, which is faster firing but less damage per shot, and the Lega, which is a Prism thats like a flamethrower. The latter, I like using but outside Eidolons. 

As far as the Scaffold, if you get really serious about optimal Eidolon hunting, this part gets important, and the two general most popular parts (from what I know) are the Shraksun and Propa. One you can get easier than the other. They are popular because of their ability to hit multiple times, but they both require a bit of practice/getting use to/certain Arcanes to reach their max potential. I think the Shraksun is easier to get the hang of, usage wise, and conveniently its the one thats easier for you to get, hence my recommendation. 

The Lohrin (Brace) will increase your Crit and Status chance. Eventually you might like getting the Certus Brace.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them. Personally I ended up with 3 Amps I use regularly (10 total), I have a 177 (Raplak, Propa, Certus) and a 127 (Raplak, Shraksun, Certus) and those I use for Eidolons, depending on my mood, since I find one easier to use, but I still need to practice/use the other more, in case I do end up preferring it. Then I have a 644 (Lega, Phahd, Anspatha) for everything else, because I find it really fun/easy for those other tasks) 

5 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Look for videos directly, you'll have a better understanding of how they work in game

Argh. There’s no sense of exploration and discovery then!

Sorry @Demios-, I jumped into your topic just to have an allergic reaction to “Go look at a guide”.

I’ve only got experience with the one you’ve got (first tier), so I can say that I’m mildly curious as well as to what others will suggest

7 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

You thought of looking up videos, @Demios-?

Yea but I just wanted to know the community's opinion on this. I really just wanted to see what other combinations or parts I should get so that I wouldnt waste resources on the bad stuff.

Check out AnnoyingKillah https://www.youtube.com/c/AnnoyingKillah1/videos

He made videos on all amp parts. Really useful to see what does what.

If you're looking for a specific purpose build then there's meta builds for Eidolon hunting for instance, which I myself do not follow. They will tell you to use the 177 build, which is Raplak - Propa - Certus. I use 717 which is Klamora - Pencha - Certus. Why? because it's fun and effective.

5 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Why ask us then?

Build them & see for yourself if you want to discover how they work

I get your point.

Could there not be a search for a sense of community in asking fellow players instead of jumping to videos and wikis? Obviously I’d be speaking for @Demios- if I insisted that that was the case, but I feel it’s something worth considering since I’m at least one example who just wants to hear what others have to say in their own words about a thing I’m curious about

16 minutes ago, Demios- said:

Yea but I just wanted to know the community's opinion on this. I really just wanted to see what other combinations or parts I should get so that I wouldnt waste resources on the bad stuff.

The key question is, what do you want a next Amp for?  Eidolon hunts?  General use?  MR fodder?  For Eidolon Hunts, x23 is good enough.  Since you already have a 111, might as well go for a 223.  For General Use, you just have to pick something with a firing mode that you like.  For MR fodder, you have to go through every Prism anyways, so just go with the cheapest Scaffold and Brace.  Personally, I'm currently using a 527, which has a 3-shot Primary and Grenade Secondary.  Kind of a like a real-life M4+M203 combo.  Check this page for your options:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amp

Archived