Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wild Speculation Relating to The Duviri Paradox

Brinstar7777

In the reveal trailer, the operator places a Tigress Shotgun in a hole, and then the older version of him pulls out a significantly aged version of that exact shotgun out of the same hole.

Is it possible that on the Plains of Duviri, this will be one of the core mechanics? That altering stuff in the past, and then switching to the future to take advantage of what's changed, will be key to navigating this new Open-world?

The evidence? Duviri is loosely derived from Duoviri, or 'Two Men' in Latin. It could be a reference to the 2 operators, or it could be a referrence to the Plains being split between two versions: Past and Present. The fact that we see the plains occasionally flicker to a colorful version of itself, and that they were originally referred to as The Plains of Duviri, further supports this.

Moreover, there's the Zairman Ten Zero thing. The plains could actually be where the Zairman was constructed in the past, and where it was decomissioned in the present. This could lead to interesting mechanics with switching timelines: imagine going through a mission with 2 tilesets that you must switch between; a ship that's still being built and prepped for flight, and that same ship hundreds of years later, now decrepit and falling apart.

And speaking of the Zairman, the older operator was unable to use his void powers. Perhaps he's from a timeline where something WASN'T wrong with the Zairman's void engine, and the operators DIDN'T get exposed to the raw, unfiltered energies of Voidspace, and wasn't preserved for an untold number of years? Perhaps the 'past' and the 'future' versions of the operator are actually from roughly the same time, just from different versions of how that time could turn out. Hence the paradox: reality is flickering between 2 timelines; one where the Zairman 10-0 incident was averted and the children DIDN'T gain their powers, and the current timeline, with operators, warframes and such.

Just now, Brinstar7777 said:

So, what do you think. Are any or ALL of those ideas possible?

It all sounds possible, but even if none of it ends up being accurate, it's still really cool speculation. And you wrote it well. Gets me hyped, although I know we probably still have many months to wait. 

What we actually get is going to be very different than what we were shown in the trailer.

This is Digital Extremes we're talking about. They have a 100% track record of releasing content that does not match what they've shown us. Most recently we've been given the wisp augment that functions differently than what we were shown on the dev stream where it was introduced.

You're fooling yourself if you think whatever Duviri Paradox is will not be either:

A broken mess on release, with tons of features that only "kind of" work

or A moderate disappointment due to content-on-release not matching quality/expectations set up by the DE hype train

Edit: What I'm getting at is, temper your expectations and theory-crafting because if you go too deep into this you're going to be quite disappointed when Duviri Paradox releases in 5 years.

22 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Edit: What I'm getting at is, temper your expectations and theory-crafting because if you go too deep into this you're going to be quite disappointed when Duviri Paradox releases in 5 years.

Mood killer. :sadcry:

In all honesty though I get what you are saying, but it's always fun to speculate lore, even if you end up being wildly off base. 

I enjoy speculating about Margulis still somehow being partly alive in some way, even though most other lore-lovers think I am totally bonkers, and that it is obvious she is dead and gone totally and for good. 

54 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Mood killer. :sadcry:

In all honesty though I get what you are saying, but it's always fun to speculate lore, even if you end up being wildly off base. 

I enjoy speculating about Margulis still somehow being partly alive in some way, even though most other lore-lovers think I am totally bonkers, and that it is obvious she is dead and gone totally and for good. 

Sorry to kill the mood. Just getting progressively more salty about DE's development practices over the years of seeing them showing us amazing ideas/concepts then half-effort the actual product. So many exploits, bugs, and aspects of the game with little content. I totally expect Duviri Paradox to be a Tau-system open world with content about as deep as any of the other open worlds. And just as isolating (its own syndicates, grind and unique enemy variants that have little to no actual impact on the overall gameplay experience).

200.gif

Zariman, not Zairman.

Besides I think the paradox will be like the (Star Trek) Riker transporter accident. A person gets duplicated with the duplicates now leading different lives after their split. With the gameplay difference of us being able to switch between two, as both are our operator.

2 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

That altering stuff in the past, and then switching to the future to take advantage of what's changed, will be key to navigating this new Open-world?

This could lead to interesting mechanics with switching timelines: imagine going through a mission with 2 tilesets that you must switch between; a ship that's still being built and prepped for flight, and that same ship hundreds of years later, now decrepit and falling apart.

Lua spy mission already does that

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Leqesai:

What we actually get is going to be very different than what we were shown in the trailer.

This is Digital Extremes we're talking about. They have a 100% track record of releasing content that does not match what they've shown us.

Sadly, this...

The new Open World will be just like the last 3:

• bare minimum of storytelling (the Trailer will probably be reused Ingame somewhere, if we are lucky there will be a few more cutscenes, but most likely we just get some basic dialogues while playing a basic mission, and thats it for storytelling)
  • bounties, most of them defend x
  • 5 NPCS with a Shop (you know the deal, one for mining, one for conservation, one for weapons, etc)
  • maybe 1 boss, maybe 1 new mission type to farm for a new item, in this case operator stuff

There you go, do you think Ubisoft's Open World Formula got boring? Well, DE relies on 5 bounties+5 NPC's and calls it a day 😉

Regarding the story, i wouldnt expect anything - in Warframe the players have to make up the story themselves for the most part just like you did here, sometimes the devs talk a bit about it in Devstreams like "maybe this could be this" and every once in a while we get like a few minutes of story told ingame. As cool as it would be having them create unique missions around the story that has to be told like in your example, this simply wont happen, we will play defense, mine some gems and hunt some animals like everywhere else.

Edit: If you think this is too pessimistic, try to remember what you have done regarding Railjack and the New war:

• building the railjack: 4 or 5 times the same mobile defense with waiting time after each mission
  • the only thing we got so far regarding the "New War": Scarlet Spear = Mobile Defense
  • storytelling combined with unique new missions supporting the story? Not so much..

4 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Is it possible that on the Plains of Duviri, this will be one of the core mechanics? That altering stuff in the past, and then switching to the future to take advantage of what's changed, will be key to navigating this new Open-world?

I hope not.

Last thing I need is micromanaging time and space itself.

2 hours ago, Brinstar7777 said:

Moreover, there's the Zairman Ten Zero thing. The plains could actually be where the Zairman was constructed in the past, and where it was decomissioned in the present. This could lead to interesting mechanics with switching timelines: imagine going through a mission with 2 tilesets that you must switch between; a ship that's still being built and prepped for flight, and that same ship hundreds of years later, now decrepit and falling apart.

You mean like this in a way?

9 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

They already did this in Lua Spy. So this idea might seem not too far fetched in the technical side of things.

Hopefully they do it better than they did in the Lua missions. You couldn't really apply the Lua Spy mechanics to other mission types due to what is happening behind the scenes (simple event triggers events in the separate zone. All time travel maps are simply separate zones separated by teleporters). 

Current and Adult Operator Loadout. Double the cosmetics, double the $$.

All jokes aside, separating current and adult operator is not that far fetched. At least for me. But instead of the timeline split (one differs than the other), it's just the linear "future-me" kind of thing. What I get from the trailer is the current, or past, operator somehow able to predict that he is going to need that weapon at that specific place. Probably premonition or he is able to see the future or parts of it.

And then this is why I don't buy the split timeline. Why would the adult operator tried to use his power if he never had one to begin with? My money is on the Heart of Deimos. Maybe because the heart doesn't exist in the void dimension. You might said, "But he is in the void dimension. It's weird that he can't use his power when he is actually inside the dimension where his source of power comes from." I think void energy is like sunlight. In void dimension, it's everywhere but to use it you need something to focus it just like how Concentrated Solar Power works. Or when you use magnifying glass to burn your friends' ass. In the "real" dimension, Heart of Deimos pumps void energy from the void dimension and focus it to the operator who acts as a beacon.

Archived