Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moonwalk Bug

Sporey

This is in the lineage of bugs in Warframe that instantly break the game, and this bug sure does break the game. We've all seen the moonwalk bug by now: something happens, and for some reason, your character is now linearly locked to facing one direction, no matter which way you move. You can move backwards from this direction and your character will appear to be walking forward, hence the nickname the Moonwalking bug. But this isn't it; it also disables your use of abilities, gear items, weapons, transference, and if you're unfortunate enough to be in a level where enemies can't kill you (every mission outside steel path) you're stuck that way, as /unstuck does nothing to fix it. Neither does jumping into the skybox. 

I just now encountered this glitch after practicing my mr 28 test a few times. I knew I had that test in the bag, and I was going to do great. Mere seconds after I start the real test, the glitch happens, and just like that, BOOM. I'm unable to complete the mission, the enemies are too weak to kill my warframe of choice (wukong) and I can't use any other abilities or commands. Now, after grinding for so long and working especially this past week on farming MR points, I was looking forward to today when I could finally graduate to MR 28. But no, BugFrame™ strikes again, and now I have to wait another day.

This won't be rectified in time, by the time this report gets read, the cooldown for the test will have already finished, and I'll have (hopefully bug-free) completed the test. But, for my sake in another hundred thousand exp when I do mr 29, and for EVERY other player in this game who has been screwed over by the moonwalk bug, please fix this. Bugs are fine, and natural, and a part of the game; game breaking bugs are a large issue and leaving them present is a recipe for disaster, like this one.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This bug is still happening. Every time it's happened to me, I enter operator mode to do the energy dash and then swap back to my warframe (done quickly), but the bug causes my warframe to lose the ability to do anything (i.e. use weapons, use abilities, roll, face any other direction unless aiming and can't re-enter operator form)
I hope with the update coming soon, it gets fixed because it is frustrating to not be able to play the game.

Archived