Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunting: Vectis Prime vs Rubico Prime

Demios-

Vectis Prime's passive zoom bonus does not apply to Eidolon limbs. It has better base damage than the Rubico. But the Rubico has better crit stats and it's zoom bonus applies to all parts of the Eidolon. So Rubico wins in terms of damage.

16 minutes ago, Demios- said:

Just wanted to know which is better when it comes to eidolon hunting. An in depth explanation would be nice or just choose between the two lol.

Vectis = higher damage from 1st shot + faster reload (bonus build up from headshots)
Rubico = higher damage after you build up multiplier (require to zoom in 2x times but can hit anywhere to build it up) + would be cool to have some sort of reducing reload speed via riven or mod or arcane (problem starts if u CAN hit take down synovia on 1 clip but u miss and u need to reload)

In the end
Rubico = best option (more effort)
Vectis = i dont care it does the job (less effort) 

Depends if you have Riven Mods or if you do, what kind of Riven Mods. I much prefer Vectis Prime over Rubico Prime. I have CC DMG MS -Magazine on Vectis and CC DMG MS -Impact for Rubico. Vectis just feels so smooth with 1 magazine and does its job well with Volt :).

6 hours ago, Demios- said:

Just wanted to know which is better when it comes to eidolon hunting. An in depth explanation would be nice or just choose between the two lol.

It depends on whether you're doing Tridolons in an organized squad or public squad.

Rubico Prime will give you higher DPS because it easily builds combo counter and has bonus against limbs. Its great if you are the dedicated Limb Shooter in an organized squad. You just build up your counter, shoot the limbs each time your squadmates bring the shields down. Limb Shooter should be relying on Uniaru wisp buff which works well with Rubico Prime.

However I use the Vectis Prime because I'm always playing in public squads where I'm mainly focused on bringing down the shields while acting as the backup limb shooter if the main Limb Shooter fails or when no one else in the squad can shoot the limbs. Since I'm using Madurai Void Strike, I cant waste my VS stacks building sniper counter or shooting the limbs multiple times. With Vectis Prime, I generally always 1-shot the limbs, so I only use up 1 VS stack when the situation calls for it.

Just my 2 cents contribution, and probably those with more experienced as Limb Shooter might have deeper insight. I'm mainly sharing from perspective of a backup Limb Shooter

Also, since you're posing this question, I'm gonna assume you're just getting started in Eidolon hunting. Until you've captured at least 5-10 Hydrolyst, it wont really matter which sniper rifle you use, because your mission contribution will likely be minimal. So just experiment with various options and use whichever you feel comfortable with.

I actually started out with the Daiku because I had a riven for it

23 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Just use Voidrig's Arquebex.

Dont use Arquebex if you are new to Eidolon hunting. It has slow moving heavy arching projectiles. And you cant move in guard mode to reposition easily.

Also if you're not the host, high ping can mess up your aim

Start of with a hit scan weapon. Once you've gotten the hang of shooting the limbs, then feel free to explore other options

28 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

Dont use Arquebex if you are new to Eidolon hunting. It has slow moving heavy arching projectiles. And you cant move in guard mode to reposition easily.

Also if you're not the host, high ping can mess up your aim

Start of with a hit scan weapon. Once you've gotten the hang of shooting the limbs, then feel free to explore other options

To be honest, if you're new to Eidolon Hunting you likely do not have a Necramech either. That said, it's fairly easy to hit those huge limbs.

Without a riven I'd go Rubico but, with proper builds and a riven you'll most likely one tap limbs anyway so, it really comes down to personal preference. I'd suggest building both to see which one feels better to you. I prefer Vectis so that's what I use. 

10 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

would be cool to have some sort of reducing reload speed via riven or mod or arcane (problem starts if u CAN hit take down synovia on 1 clip but u miss and u need to reload)

Volt’s Speed, Harrow’s Penance, Poison Chroma’s Elemental ward, Arcane Momentum

CTYDN.gif

15 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Rubico Prime.

Hell yeah!

8 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Just use Voidrig's Arquebex.

Did last night.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Overall rubico is the better sniper for ediolons.

Yep.

the main benefit that Vectis has is being able to spam much faster. this is relevant if you're say, new to Eidolon Hunting and/or so-so gear and so aren't going to be even close to oneshotting anyways.

Rubico Prime is much easier to use though, from that it doesn't need a Crit Chance Riven to have baseline functionality, to that the Optic Bonus is always relevant rather than only on the final Phase.

in a scenario where a Player is well geared however, you'll consistently Crit and you'll oneshot the Health Phase either way and then what you choose to use is up to you.

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Depends if you have Riven Mods or if you do, what kind of Riven Mods. I much prefer Vectis Prime over Rubico Prime. I have CC DMG MS -Magazine on Vectis and CC DMG MS -Impact for Rubico. Vectis just feels so smooth with 1 magazine and does its job well with Volt :).

TITCR. If you have exactly the right riven such that Primed Chamber works for your Vectis Prime, then it's going to win. If not, probably Rubico Prime.

On 2021-05-17 at 6:04 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

*old man voice* back in MY day, you brought a Lanka, or you didn't Hunt! we had to walk uphill both ways to track Terry... and he was the only Eidolon at the time! it was a simpler time...

*older man voice* yeah? Well, back in MY day we didnt even had ediolons! Instead we fought this mutated potato that keep complaining that we were using his oxygen tank...the bastard thought we didnt need to breathe I guess. 

Archived