Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Excalibur Umbra's Slash Dash While Using His Special Passive

Bricks

Unless it has been changed recently, when Excalibur Umbra is in his specter/AI mode, his slash dash doesn't "ping pong" or "zig-zag" between enemies like a player Excalibur does. Instead he just slash dashes in a straight line as if no enemy were there at all. This can lead to him whizzing past enemies he's trying to target and going off cliffs and such. This is especially bad with high range builds. I haven't tested it, but I imagine this is an issue for Excalibur specters as well.

Please, please, change this. Please allow Umbra to effectively use his slash dash in specter mode.

P.S. If this is a bug and not intended behavior, please feel free to let me know or move it to the correct area of the forum if possible.

... Umbra's Slash Dash seems to mimic the behavior of the old Slash Dash, which is used by the Stalker (Pre-Shadow version) and Violence, while using the current Slash Dash animation "package".

... But then again, I switched that out for something more useful and, apparently, my Umbra uses the more useful skill for more damage so... win-win haha

7 hours ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

Does he even hit on your end? From the few times i managed to spectate, he seems to miss the mark most of the time...

I haven't really seen him hit, but it's possible that he accidentally hits other enemies sometimes and maybe even his main target.

6 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Umbra's Slash Dash seems to mimic the behavior of the old Slash Dash, which is used by the Stalker (Pre-Shadow version) and Violence, while using the current Slash Dash animation "package".

... But then again, I switched that out for something more useful and, apparently, my Umbra uses the more useful skill for more damage so... win-win haha

Perhaps they used the old version of slash dash because during The Sacrifice they didn't want him homing onto players and one-shotting them or something.  I don't think that would be too much of an issue, but I'm not the devs, so *shrug*. On the other hand, maybe it was just an oversight.

Also, similar to you, I personally switched Slash Dash out for Harrow's Condemn (which he uses very well and uses quite frequently), but upon testing in the Simulacrum, it looks like he still uses Slash Dash sometimes alongside all his other abilities if you replace his unused Exalted Blade with a subsumed ability instead. If his Slash Dash at least stopped at the enemy he was targeting, I think it could be a very useful gap closer so he could use his melee weapon easier. This would also hopefully help keep him from flying off cliffs with it (as much) and allow us to still keep slash dash as a useful mobility tool when out of operator energy to void dash. I'd be fine with him zig-zagging and knocking down enemies too though, assuming he can actually hit his knocked down enemies with his ground finishers (though upon testing, his ability to do that may need to be touched up too).

Archived